Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Cerebral Bore posted:

Still having a sensible chuckle at the fact that the only election strategy the Lib Dems have left is to essentially try to trick people into voting for them with bogus tactical voting arguments and guides.

The sad thing is, lots of well meaning people who just don't follow along all that closely will fall for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Chuka Umana posted:

It's a complete and utter humiliation for Corbyn.

Didnt we loving permaban Pissflaps?

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Not that I dont agree with the sentiment of trying to detoxify the conduct of parliament, asking them to shake hands and promise to behave in the future was a farce.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Its actually staggering how many morons are outraged by people earning £80k having to pay increased taxes, when they personally are earning nothing close to that amount. Especially when you show them the maths and how small that increase in tax payment would actually be. People earning £85k can afford to pay £4.81 a week. Its an absolute drop in the bucket at that wage bracket.

Thats when the truth outs itself though. I was going through it with someone on Facebook and shortly enough he devolved his argument into blaming "benefit scroungers" and "immigrants". People would rather that the rich get to keep fleecing the nation than have a dude with different skin colour as a neighbor. I hate to say it, but as time goes on I begin to feel that people like this deserve the misery they inflict upon themselves. Its a shame that they have to drag the rest of us down with them.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
This is pretty brutal. More of the same please.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
lmao, is the audience all NHS?

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The past 24 hours of Antisemitism gas-lighting has made me so loving angry. The people who are making these accusations are naked, their political affiliations plain to see, but the media just doesn't see fit to mention it at all.

I honestly wish that the media of this country would just up and disappear overnight. Its worthless. Nothing but right wing propaganda and they don't give a poo poo about what the repercussions of their actions are. I am all but certain that this supposed stand against antisemitism has done nothing but make that cause worse as more and more people grow tired and numb to the boy crying wolf. I am a decent person and I fully respect anyone's rights to believe what they want, and defend their right to practice their religion in peace but when this stuff boils over again and again, its hard not to feel some very uncharitable things about that community and the people who are currently exploiting it for their political machinations.

gently caress every single arsehole who pushes this line of attack, and especially gently caress anyone with a prominent public platform who pushes it. Irresponsible wankers the lot of them.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The thing is, I am sure that most of us are decent enough people that we are unlikely to blame the Jewish public for this injustice, but there are plenty of people who just take all of this poo poo at face value and will blame the entire community in spite of the fact of it being the actions of politically motivated bad actors.

Another thing that galls me though is that truthfully, there is a nasty vein of antisemitism that runs through the public, but I don't think its widely recognized for its severity and prevalence. I call it South Park racism. I have been of the opinion for quite a while now that shows like South Park and Borat accidentally has created a wave of antisemitism from people who are too thick to understand that Cartman and his long history of antisemitic insults are meant to be seen as a deplorable thing, and end up unironically using Jew as an insult, and normalizing antisemitism in day to day parlance as memes. The worst thing is that more than a few of the people who I have seen exhibiting this behavior, are viciously anti Labour and are some of the first to parrot these ridiculous accusations.

Who knows, maybe I am off base with this one but the amount of times I have heard people use Jew as a pointed insult specifically referencing specific character quotes is beyond belief.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde

To be fair, he is pretty much a perfect representative for the morons who voted him into his position.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I would say that I fully expect Neil to do an empty chair interview if Boris doesn't turn up, but lets face it, that would go against the BBC's current political agenda.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tesseraction posted:

Oh or it could have been a detonator!

If there is any truth that the guy started to motion that he had explosives on him or something, then that really does change the situation pretty drastically.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sounds like this shooting may be justified. I don't blame the police for shooting if they had any suspicion that the guy was wearing a suicide vest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I swear, you guys are making the GBS thread look sensible right now.