Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Dear OP, throw me on the loving list for Wimbledon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure the article can beat the picture:

JO;
(can anyone explain the semi-colon to me please?)

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

The farage ultimatum is beautiful:
Either he splits the tory vote if they don't pact or if they do pact it utterly humiliates the tories in that they would be admitting their deal is poo poo and (promising) having to abandon it.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

When's the deadline for PPC applications? Presumably we don't know for certain whether Johnson is going to bottle it out of Uxbridge until then?

19 working days before the poll, so 4pm 15 November (2 weeks from now).

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

+++ HUMILIATION FOR LOSER ENGLAND
:vuvu:
(maybe I shouldn't go door knocking now)

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

WOW! if corbyn hadn't campaigned against apartheid then maybe it wouldn't have ended letting the springboks compete internationally and beat England - why do you hate are lads Jeremy???

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

quote:

The senior Tory Jacob Rees-Mogg has pleaded with Mr Farage to “retire from the field ... it would be a great shame if he carries on fighting”.
:qq: please dont run against us

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

This seems pretty handy for any arguments if you've not got a copy to hand already

Do you have this in not eye straining format?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

gently caress me at the insanity of this election and it hasn't even officially started yet.
It's good to see some unfamiliar posters making some contributions.
My only hope for this election is that Labour simply don't do worse than the previous election - I'm quite cautious on the outcome but regardless of how things go, Labour has been changed for the better and is reflecting a mindset that is slowly growing worldwide. If they don't get in but don't lose out either then it helps validate the direction and keeps that momentum going.
I'm putting in a day a week at my local campaign office in one of the more tougher marginals. As others have said, even if you're adverse to face to face contact there is plenty of office work to do - preparation for canvassers, processing of campaign material (as simple as carrying the boxes when they get delivered) and most importantly data capturing. All the canvassing data that's being gathered daily needs to be digitised ASAP otherwise a backlog forms and the data becomes useless. I've only just now helped manage clear the backlog from other elections and canvassing from the rest of the year. And if there's not much to do in your constituency be it because they're a safe seat or a hopeless one then neighbouring marginal constituencies would definitely appreciate any help.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

:siren: Tonight is the deadline for contributions towards Labour's manifesto so if you want to have your say toward policy then do your bit: https://labour.org.uk/manifesto-2019/

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Can't help but notice that swinson is putting her hand up in the more of the same space...

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Purple Prince posted:

So the Lib Dens are terrible wreckers but given the choice between a ministerial Jag with Corbyn's Chaos Coalition (hail Slaanesh!) and propping up a dodgy Tory minority government, which do we think they'd choose?

Jo;

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Branson will launch his own White National Broadband Service in South Africa.

Ah, the other "net blanke"

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

You don't dream big enough friend.

No, that sounds about right for the Tory membership numbers.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

What about are poonds though?

Yorkshire's got you covered - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/12/twenty-poond-notes-investigation-after-atm-dispenses-toy-money

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Joda posted:

Hi UKMT. As a literal communist I kind of like this Corbyn guy you have, but I see a lot of people calling him an anti semite. Where is this coming from? Because I search for sources of any kind but all I seem to be able to find is people calling him an anti semite.

This is a recommended read: https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/2019/11/corbyn-and-antisemitism.html

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Simon Magin letter to Graun - he is reporting Graun's CEO to Metropolitan Police for breach of Representation of the People Act

(It's an image so can't copy paste text)

https://twitter.com/simonmaginn/status/1195052711428984832?s=20

Oh cool of course they've also done this:
https://twitter.com/abbyhoffmann/status/1195298099410944006

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

RockyB posted:

Quick tip: If you donate blood you get tested for HIV, Herpes and lots of other things for free!

(But you can't donate if you're gay. Obvs.)

[Or did they change that?]

Just a note on this, if you think you may have been infected DO NOT DONATE BLOOD to test yourself - get a proper test done.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

who could ever have seen this chuka move coming i ask. who could ever

e: i just realized it was probably a joke. or was it?

mate, chuka's always been a joke

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Tai posted:

Why are students such fan boys of Labour? Labour were the party that hosed them by adding them in the first place. The con/lib dem pact raised it further but Labour got the ball rolling on that and both parties rolled it along with stopping it.
As was said before, that was "new Labour" which is now dead and buried. Labour are now promising to abolish university education fees as a typical student will accrue almost £60,000 in debt by the time they finish the degree gathering interest at a rate of ~6% from the first day of studying. The vast majority will come nowhere near paying this off by the time it gets written off after 30 years so the whole system is already a stupid debt hole that needs reworking. Education is a net gain to society - every pound invested into it returns more than went in.

Tai posted:

How will all of this be paid? All the stuff he is promising is paid for by an increase to the top 5%. It's been proven by independent financial tanks that there isn't even close enough cash to do it.
Fully Costed Manifesto.
Investing in infrastructure and people results in the economy growing and benefits everyone.
What are these "independent financial tanks" you speak of? Chances are they have a vested interest in there not being a Labour government that would seek to address inequality by stopping the accumulation of wealth by the megarich.

Tai posted:

Why would you want to dump nukes in a nuclear world that is pretty poo poo right now. Nukes are bad but least we have them till everyone agrees to get rid of them (not anytime soon).
Who would you nuke? Would you really want to inflict mass murder on a people because of the decision of a few within their government?

Tai posted:

After years of austerity, Labour have flat out said they will increase public spending and put us back in the same poo poo show in the future. We had austerity (yes it sucked) to get our deficit back down so we run a surplus to pay off our public debt. Maybe we should try living within out means instead of writing more cheques? Us commoners (mostly) do this.
The financial crisis of 2008 was not the fault of Labour - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/dec/29/labour-government-not-responsible-crash-bank-england-governor-mervyn-king
The UK public debt has not been paid off - it has only gotten bigger under the Tories the past 10 years - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_national_debt

Austerity did not help address the national debt and arguably has made it worse.

Tai posted:

Numerous racism cases again Labour doesn't feel me with a lot of joy.
What racism cases are you referring to here?

Tai posted:

Links to various terrorist groups (or rumours of).
What links are you referring to here?

Tai posted:

Why in the loving loving fuckty gently caress would you want Diana Abbot in charge of UK special forces and MI6 and Mi5 along with the met? She is an incompetent dick splash who is a out right danger to national security. Thornberry isn't far off either. Both the armed forces and the police regularly mock the former.
Why do you think this of Diane Abbott?
These are the same institutions that had soldiers using pictures of Jeremy Corbyn as target practice. They are fascist adjacent.

Tai posted:

This is generally not a slant at Labour voters but because my head has been in the sand 95% of the time, I am curious what Corbyns sell point. Change my mind!
What would you like from a government?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

unwantedplatypus posted:

Is it just me or is exposing the crimes of wealthy people really bad for your mental health?

It's also bad for your physical health - case in point that murdered Maltese reporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

RockyB posted:

3/5, needs more squirrels

It gives you the right to vote in RLB as the next leader. And otherwise contribute to party based democracy.

Participating in the Labour Party internal democratic process is an important step in ensuring the centre-shite don't take back control.
At the bare minimum, all that you'd be doing is voting online when NEC/leadership elections come about.
You'd get plenty of internal communication on participating in stuff if so desired.