Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Alright ladies and gentlemen, AI's second-most hated/beloved holiday tradition has returned, for the eleventh time...the Sheep Game!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905139

Come play today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Previa_fun posted:

Every forum except AI sucks
:emptyquote:

MrChips posted:

Alright ladies and gentlemen, AI's second-most hated/beloved holiday tradition has returned, for the eleventh time...the Sheep Game!

Come play today!

I was just wondering about this the other day. Stoked for a new chance at winning it allending up solidly in the middle!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Rhyno posted:

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR.

Well poo poo, now I want opinions on what constitutes a good Shockwave

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Well now I know there's a thread for buying toys where goons have Real Opinions.

Anyhow have some nostalgia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8s5XIgY_c

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

angryrobots posted:

Well now I know there's a thread for buying toys where goons have Real Opinions.

Real Opinions is the goon version of Rule 34

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You haven't made it on Something Awful until you've earned yourself at least one big red custom title.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Previa_fun posted:

Every forum except AI sucks

I am contractually bound to stand for GWS.

Our biggest arguments are over what counts as chili.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Liquid Communism posted:

Our biggest arguments are over what counts as chili.

Well, that depends on whether or not beans are involved...

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

Well, that depends on whether or not beans are involved...

Precisely.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Happy turkey day, dorks

I got promoted to lead developer so life is roughly twice as busy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh also I have a terrible memory but I just got back from getting those prebake cookie things for my wife who is pregnant with our second childe so in case I forgot: we got another childe coming in may and I’m v excite :3:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Congratulations! Hope she has an easy pregnancy, it's gotta be harder while y'all are already taking care of one kid.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Congrats!

I cooked dinner when I got home from work (at 7:30am), put it in the fridge, went to bed, and GF and I planned to eat together when I woke up. I didn't cook turkey or a ham - it's just the two of us. So I did a couple of chicken breasts, homemade mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, carrots, and green beans (all cooked in the instantpot except for the green beans, I steamed those on the stove and tossed them in olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon). Basically the same plate I posted a week or two ago, but with green beans added.

Guess who ate before I woke up. :sigh:

Parents are coming down next week, I have a 13 pound turkey in the freezer for then. I've never fixed a turkey before. :ohdear:

I still have 2 (raw) chicken breasts left that I need to use (they were marked down at work, i.e. "these are a day away from their sell by date, we need to get rid of them".. normally I go to a competitor for chicken unless I can find it marked down at work). Trying to decide if I should do chicken tacos, fajitas (probably not enough chicken for those), or chicken tortilla soup. I'm heavily leaning toward soup (partly because I have an opened container of chicken broth in the fridge).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 29, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dunno who cleaned up that mess for me but I appreciate.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

MrChips posted:

Come play today!

YAAAAAY!

I fukken love sheep game

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Someone has pulled the veil from off my eyes.

The Cybertrukk is just a body kit on a Pontiac Aztek.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nebakenezzer posted:

Well poo poo, now I want opinions on what constitutes a good Shockwave

Cloud 9 Quakeblast

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Happy turkey day, dorks

I got promoted to lead developer so life is roughly twice as busy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Oh also I have a terrible memory but I just got back from getting those prebake cookie things for my wife who is pregnant with our second childe so in case I forgot: we got another childe coming in may and I’m v excite :3:

Good on you buddy.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I managed to avoid racially-charged heated politics chat by just staying home and cooking a feast for the two of us. Instead, I got her saying something annoying to me, me saying something dumb back, and then we were pissed at each other for the rest of the night. Not something that happens very often between the two of us, but it sure put a damper on my day of hard work to make a nice meal for us :(

FYI STR I know you're trying turkey around Christmas, my turkey was only 12 pounds and I put it in the fridge on Sunday afternoon and when I took it out to brine it on Wednesday evening it still had ice on it, so I had to let it sit out for a couple hours.

Krakkles posted:

Who was the guy with an amazing 510 wagon here? If I'm recalling correctly, he built a sequential controller for the manual gearbox and had some pretty amazing poo poo going on with it.

I think it was here, anyway.

Mr. Toaster (Mr. Toast? Something like that I think) had a loving gorgeous green 510 Wagon (did we really have two 510 Wagons in AI?) among a bunch of other cool poo poo. That was years ago, and if I remember right he sold off everything to travel the country in his little Toyota Echo and hasn't posted since. I miss that guys posts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did he just vanish?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

T-Square posted:

FYI STR I know you're trying turkey around Christmas, my turkey was only 12 pounds and I put it in the fridge on Sunday afternoon and when I took it out to brine it on Wednesday evening it still had ice on it, so I had to let it sit out for a couple hours.

Next week actually. I'll move it to the fridge today. Much appreciated.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I missed Rhyno's new AV what was it :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Did he just vanish?

Nah, I think he had a thread at some point, but I remember he made a big post detailing all of his stuff and what he was getting rid of and pretty much said "So long, internet!"

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Got a decent bonus, not as much as I wanted but it never is. My company gives the annual bonus at thanksgiving so you can blow all of it on presents. I decided to finally get a Milwaukie 1/4" impact driver and ratchet. Home Depot actually had a better deal on one of the package kits than Amazon. Also got suckered in to a lightning deal for $75 off the phone I put in my wish list. I actually have a company phone so we'll see if they reimburse me, but I didn't want to pass up the savings.

I have no local family so I had friendsgiving dinner and it was fantastic, I have been buying the Archer Farms (Target brand) ham for the last 5 years and they are excellent every time. Tender enough to cut with a table knife, and awesome flavor. My buddy made individual game hens for everyone else, and I even tried something new, broccoli salad! Wasn't bad at all. I ended up with two pumpkin pies as well. Good holiday.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah, anyone save it?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nothing like getting jolted awake on Black Friday at 4:45am for... a loving tornado warning.

Yeah, that's fun in a house with pretty much nothing but exterior-facing rooms.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Try waking up in the middle of the night with a tornado siren blaring in a tent. I was legit terrified.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Nonsense, when you're 100 feet up in the air, just fashion it into a hang glider and float back down to safety :v:

LloydDobler posted:

I have been buying the Archer Farms (Target brand) ham for the last 5 years and they are excellent every time. Tender enough to cut with a table knife, and awesome flavor.

Every year I get a honey-glazed ham from work for Christmas, and it just never excites me. I think I've only actually made it once and that was just with the intention of making ham sammiches with the leftovers. The majority of it sat in my freezer for months afterwards. Usually I just give it to my parents.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

LloydDobler posted:

Yeah, anyone save it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's an odd thing to screencap.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yikes.

I walked into the dealership this morning and one of the sales managers has a bluetooth speaker at the sales tower blaring garbage for Black Friday. Right now Kid Rock is on. I may go insane.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Try waking up in the middle of the night with a tornado siren blaring in a tent. I was legit terrified.

We don't actually have sirens in the vast majority of the Phoenix area so this is likely the closest to that I'll ever come.

I know there used to be at least one siren in downtown Phoenix (heard it during a test once) and there's sirens around Palo Verde Nuclear Generation Station, but other than that it's supposed to be quiet here.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geez that wasn't even remotely funny, what's with goons these days and the rage custom titles?

Rants about disposable income then buys a custom title :v:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
It was Toaster Pastry and I have wondered where he is on the road of life...

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

That's an odd thing to screencap.

I'm an odd duck.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

everdave posted:

I wonder that about many many goons. I can think of a dozen who disappeared or just quietly tailed off on posting.

Dagen H posted:

I'm an odd duck.
:hfive:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

sharkytm posted:

I wonder that about many many goons. I can think of a dozen who disappeared or just quietly tailed off on posting.

Sockington is a notable one, he was a huge contributor to AI then just disappeared one day.

I think some people just have enough of the internet at one point and say gently caress it all. For me this forum is the only kind of social media I use so it's pretty easy to keep up but if i were on facebook, twitter and instagram and all that bullshit I would have said gently caress it too :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sockington is a notable one, he was a huge contributor to AI then just disappeared one day.

He's still at it on FB at least. No fresh jorts photos, though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Hmm. That went well, then.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

everdave posted:

Son of a bitch, that's what it was.

While we're on the subject, anyone remember FrozenPhil :v:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

T-Square posted:

Son of a bitch, that's what it was.

While we're on the subject, anyone remember FrozenPhil :v:

or sza
or FleetwoodS75
or dozens more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

InitialDave posted:

Hmm. That went well, then.

Wow. You can see the impact bar behind the door skin.

Must've been a hell of a shopping trolley to do that.