Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MRC48B posted:

I'd be ok with them if there were sin taxes on rich people sins. Giant loving yachts and private islands should get taxed 100%.

George H W Bush signed a 10% luxury tax which affected, among other things, yachts.
Clinton repealed it because the yacht industry complained.
George W Bush repealed the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Milo and POTUS posted:

At least the bad guy in Snowcrash let refugees tether themselves to the raft

I think someone here said so, but the cyperpunk dystopia totally did happen. It's just Grapes of Wrath part 2 instead of Snowcrash.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There should be a law tht if you spend more than 100 million on a yacht it has to be built so the Navy can convert it into a warship if the balloon goes up.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There should be a law tht if you spend more than 100 million on a yacht it has to be built so the Navy can convert it into a warship if the balloon goes up.

I’d actually be somewhat relieved if the “exploration” mega yachts were fronts like Hughes’s oil rig thing that was used to rock Er submarines.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/DubaiPoliceHQ/status/1199379704266014735?s=20

I knew dubai police had more money than they knew how to handle but drat

beathhail
Aug 21, 2015
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...g-a9225351.html

Borris refuses to attend climate themed election debate, producers replace him with a melting block of ice

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
DOC dog rescued after 36 hours alone on subantarctic island

A conservation dog has been rescued after spending 36 hours alone and muzzled on a subantarctic island.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just posted that in dog thread :mad:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I was expecting to be super angry at this.

I was wrong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Guess who's back?
Back in Stan
Trump is back
with old friends

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AJENews/status/1200397968202973184?s=19

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Guys stop shooting protestors!
Oh no you shot more protestors.
Stop it seriously.
gently caress it I quit.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Knife attack in London, unknown casualties. Bystanders kicked the attackers rear end, held him down for cops... He had a fake suicide vest on so when the armed officers showed up, they figured better safe than sorry and shot the attacker.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

Knife attack in London, unknown casualties. Bystanders kicked the attackers rear end, held him down for cops... He had a fake suicide vest on so when the armed officers showed up, they figured better safe than sorry and shot the attacker.

Good. Better safe than sorry.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lmao

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m assuming there was a football game going on nearby?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Bored As gently caress posted:

Good. Better safe than sorry.

Hell yeah. Love to murder unarmed captives. That’s the way of all true men.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I mean a fake weapon is better cause than none at all. It's probably more justifiable than that time they chased that guy into the subway and shot him there

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Internet Wizard posted:

Really.

Also 2 dead reported by the BBC (not including the perp).

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean a fake weapon is better cause than none at all. It's probably more justifiable than that time they chased that guy into the subway and shot him there

They’re lucky it was a fake vest and wasn’t a real one with a dead-man switch that would’ve been set off by their bloodthirst.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

monkeytennis posted:

Really.

Also 2 dead reported by the BBC (not including the perp).

Dude also had on a (fake) suicide vest and was shot while reaching for something.

Ready for some hot takes on what may be the most justified shooting of the century.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Seconds earlier there was a group of people fighting with the guy, and had it been a real vest, they would have been killed had the cops not domed him and he clacked it off. This wasn’t a summary execution.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He also had a bag containing all the coke in Britain

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah, better to spare the bad guy and risk dozens of lives if his suicide vest turned out to be real!

Are you serious?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Copchat thread yo.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Well, this is at least an improvement over the time when British cops pinned down, shot, and killed an unarmed electrician, who was on his way to repair a fire alarm before being shot in the head.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Jason Sparks (@sparksjls) Tweeted:
All gave some. Some gave all. https://t.co/X3OX34hyXK https://twitter.com/sparksjls/status/1200166255203889154?s=20

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Jason Sparks (@sparksjls) Tweeted:
All gave some. Some gave all. https://t.co/X3OX34hyXK https://twitter.com/sparksjls/status/1200166255203889154?s=20

Well, at least Trump had his mouth full of Turkey during Erdogan’s visit earlier in the month.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Well, at least Trump had his mouth full of Turkey during Erdogan’s visit earlier in the month.

:drat:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I come for the cop apologia and stay for the casual homophobia

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

What's homophobic about saying Trump sucked Erdogan's dick?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Let's get another divorce article so the usual suspects can role out the misogyny

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yeah sure, how much do you figure Trump is paying in child support or alimony to his exes?

Also here’s a scorching hot explainer that someone got paid to write

https://www.axios.com/baby-yoda-2020-democrats-michael-bloomberg-deval-patrick-b3bf5f78-436a-42a5-8904-7c33ac15b85c.html

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Chichevache posted:

What's homophobic about saying Trump sucked Erdogan's dick?

It alludes to the conspiracy that the majority of world leaders are homosexual and thats why Sovereignty is such a sausage fest.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

How can we make you leave

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

the only time this patriot takes a knee is to suck a hero officers dick

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:wow:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Seconds earlier there was a group of people fighting with the guy, and had it been a real vest, they would have been killed had the cops not domed him and he clacked it off. This wasn’t a summary execution.

"We figured if he was going to set it off, he'd have done it already" makes for a great after action report with dozens dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Smiling Jack posted:

the only time this patriot takes a knee is to suck a hero officers dick

Thank you for your lip service.