Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Early in the 21st century, the Tyrell corporation advanced Robot evolution into the Nexus phase - a being virtually identical to a human - known as a Replicant.

The NEXUS 6 Replicants were superior in strength and agility, and at least equal in intelligence, to the genetic engineers who created them.

Replicants were used off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets.

After a bloody mutiny by a NEXUS 6 combat team in an off-world colony, Replicants were declared illegal on earth - under penalty of death.

Special police squads - BLADE RUNNER UNITS - had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing Replicant.

This was not called execution.

It was called retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
One more post about it and everybody who participated in copdog chat gets a day off with the poster who fucks everyone else over taking a longer vacation.

McNally fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 2, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

My Spirit Otter posted:

Giving one person the chance to cause a whole bunch of people to get probated is not a good deterrent in gip, friendo

:nallears:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Clearly 24 hours for copchat isn't doing the trick so I'm bumping it up to 72.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I'm a big fan about how her statement mentions supporting military survivors, but the word "survivor(s)" appears only five times in the statement: Once to say she'll support them, once to say she supported a bill to allow a survivor to break a lease within a year of a military spouse's death (which would have been nice when my wife died), and then three times in reference to sexual assault.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

poo poo, I missed that in my keyword search.

Serves me right for being lazy.

quote:

Lastly, I support eliminating the so-called “Widow’s Tax” and efforts to ensure that all families of veterans who died or became totally disabled from a service-connected condition receive the Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) benefits that they are entitled to.

Got the issue completely backwards, though.

McNally fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 5, 2019

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I wish I had a dollar for every minute I spent in Mississippi.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I dunno what Utopic states you Mississippi hating jerks are from but maybe take it easy on the Magnolia state. They're obviously struggling real bad.

I was in the Mississippi Guard.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nystral posted:

Sites are claiming KY gov went Dem.

Does this mean if Mitch McConnel (R - Turtle) dies he can appoint a Dem to finish the term?

Yup.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Lol you saluted the Confederate flag

I didn't, actually.

To my recollection I never once had to salute any flag while I was doing Guard stuff.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I'm just going to get ahead of this and say don't post the name of the whistleblower in the thread.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Look you dumb cunts.

All I did was say those amazon ads were because they were hiring seasonally.

Some of you stupid fucks just love misinterpreting poo poo.

gently caress you all, give me a 72.

Especially gently caress you. I said they pay better and have decent benefits, I'm not sucking Bezos cock you trite bitch.

If you want time off, do it your own self. I'm not going to indulge someone who has a tantrum.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I wonder if I can make "ok, quisling" a thing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Bored As gently caress posted:

She's the Chuck Todd of NZ news. Todd brought in a 30 round magazine into DC for his show, and showed him in possession of it, when it was illegal to possess in DC. Of course he said he was ignorant of the lsw, and was of course never charged, unlike a regular citizen who probably would've been charged.

David Gregory.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SimonCat posted:

Anyone else go the extra mile to not identify themselves as a Veteran on Veteran's Day? People make such a big deal out it of everyday anymore that asking for special treatment today seems selfish.

I'm not even leaving the loving house.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Defenestrategy posted:

Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be a conflict of interest for a presidential appointed judge to rule on a case in which that president is a party? Or is there something else?

The theory is that since the appointment is for life the judge in question doesn't need to feel beholden to the president.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Okay, break time. Everybody take a few deep breaths.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I've been told that I'm not doing enough to make people aware, so in the spirit of GIP I'm going to wildly overreact and post this same message in all the active threads.

Another run of Useless Dirt shirts is being put together. Deadline to order is 11:59 PM Eastern time tomorrow.

Info is here

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Go gently caress yourself, McNally.

:h:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Still got nothing on Romney changing his website to president-elect

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

That Works posted:

I cut off my entire maga family side in 2016. They are all super evangelicals and live in shity parts of Oklahoma so I don't miss anything about going back to visit. I have made it a habit though to send passive aggressive Christmas gifts. In the past years I've sent a framed Trump photo with the grab them by the pussy quote and last year I sent them a golden calf. I'm kind of out of ideas for this year, anyone got a good troll gift idea?

A primer on impeachment.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
And one of those cards that play an obnoxious song until the battery dies and is full of glitter in case they try to rip it open.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
And the windshields are made of Tesla's new "Tesla Armor Glass" which, in testing, proved to be nearly impervious to damage.

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/1197733445616599041

Oh.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Something else that has occurred to me is that if the windows are intended to be unpenetrable, then if you're ever in a situation where the door can't open and you need to get out or get someone out of the car (i.e you accidentally drove into a lake), then they're effective trapped in the car and potentially doomed to a terrible death by drowning

I don't think Mr. Musk has thought this whole car through!

Or, hypothetically, maybe the batteries somehow catch fire, meaning the vehicle has lost all power and you can't open the door because you're at an angle and each vehicle panel weighs 60 loving pounds.

I'm not joking.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm really not a fan of Elon Musk or Tesla but I do like the Cybertruck :shrug:

That thing just needs some butterfly doors

It needs a hatch with explosive bolts that we can open ourselves!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Really missed an opportunity to use this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2VIEY9-A8

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
So, uh...

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-admits-to-ukraine-military-aid-quid-pro-quo-tv-2019-11

Yeah.

Bigly Deals went on live television and said that he did the things he's being accused of doing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Flikken posted:

I mean if mental incompetence is his lawyers defense then how can they NOT 25th him?

Because only the VP and the cabinet can invoke the 25th.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Flikken posted:

I'm still thinking pre-2016. I mean why wouldn't they at that point?

Because polling indicates President Pence loses to Adolf Hitler in the general election.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

bird food bathtub posted:

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. How are they so god drat stupid?

Leave him alone, he finally got his Twitter to stop blinking 12:00

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
In other recent news,

:mcnally:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CommieGIR posted:

I still suspect, corrupt SEALs aside, no unit is going to willingly work with Gallagher willingly, and he's going to be desk surfing probably if he does get to stay in.

I thought I'd heard somewhere he's already processing his retirement for the end of this month.

Presumably before they can strip his trident.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
This entire conversation is problematic as gently caress and you should all stop talking about it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

Extremely very lame.

A lot of men dislike women and demand action on it.

Like goddamn, men create a patriarchy, benefit from it massively, and then when some of the richest men among men end up paying a woman or women in their lives an in-comparison modest compensation, it's knives out for... the women? gently caress that, dudes who want to show how fuckin' awful they are should be allowed to instead of protected from revealing their own bigotry.

Opportunity not taken: Hey, let's talk about the wage gender gap and how hosed the patriarchy is when it comes to women's employment.

Opportunity taken: GIPers bitching about how women are stealing men's wages via divorce abloobloo.

You misunderstand. The conversation had taken a very misogynistic turn and I wanted it to stop so I could figure out how many people would get to take breaks.

If you want to talk about how hosed up the patriarchy is, I'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

colachute posted:

E:After considering my opinion, it’s probably not important to add to the conversation so I’ll just make a request:

McNally, in the future please try to facilitate discussions instead of immediately telling people to stop talking about things that you don’t like. This is your biggest fault as a mod.

I thought my biggest fault as a mod was my burning hatred for all of you.