Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cop dogs just follow orders

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BigDave posted:

OK so he won't get the needle, but Jesus Christ you can't order the murder of a American permanent resident by a foreign power and not go to prison.

I don't give a gently caress what year it is!

Trump and everyone around him desperately tried to find a way to extradite Gulen to be tortured to death lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Loden Taylor posted:

I'm not surprised. I got to meet McKinley in Afghanistan while he was the ambassador there. We were playing for the embassy's 4th of July celebration, and we were there while he and his staff hashed out some of the last minute details the day before the gig. He seemed like a great guy; he was very welcoming and friendly with us, and just from watching him work he was clearly a skilled professional who took his duties seriously.

Plus while we were playing "Cake By the Ocean," he and his wife came up and did our dumb dance moves with us, so dude's solid in my book.

What was Pompeo like at the CIA? Was he a capable director that turned into a self-serving sack of poo poo later on or did he try to run the place like his own little Trumpian fiefdom?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

He was only there for a little over a year so I assume it was all spent making his assistant's life hell and collecting information for personal gain

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao the Democrat won the Governor's race in Kentucky and his Republican opponent immediately started shrieking about voter fraud and refuses to concede

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Happy to do my part in VA. I sent my absentee ballot in weeks ago.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Naturally the billions of dollars in new productivity will be sent to the teachers

My mom dealt with “volunteer” after school care for 40 years. Volunteers were assigned according to a strict rotation and if you refused to do it you were practically submitting your resignation.

Either call for shortening the work day, instead, or an after school program that doesn’t lean on teachers giving up even more of their time.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 6, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Congrats Doug Jones

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can't wait to respond to the next "We promise you the whistleblower process protects you" email I get from the IG asking if this is what their loving protection is worth

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My favorite Act of Bezos is when he did an interview where he literally said he had no idea what to do with his vast riches amidst news of the poor benefits his company offered and the awful conditions his workers toiled in.

“The only way that I can see to deploy this much financial resource is by converting my Amazon winnings into space travel,” Bezos said. “That is basically it.”

https://bgr.com/2018/05/02/jeff-bezos-worth-fortune-philanthropy-charities/

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 7, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Look, they're a poo poo company and whatnot, but plenty of other employers out there are easily as bad, if not worse.

Great point, bet none of us here knew that. I guess nobody should single out how Bezos abuses his employees while whining about how the best way to spend his money is to literally explode it because the boss of a Pakistani shipbreaker crew offers even fewer breaks.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 7, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao wow i didn't completely believe that "ok boomer" upset them so god drat much but now i guess i do

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drat, have the JCS considered just asking Trump?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is one of the more insanely narcissistic traits he has. He's wiped out all his tweets supporting losing candidates, as well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Oh man, they're really gonna get this Obama guy.

I hope they do, maybe US Pol will give it a rest once he’s finally in prison

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

did this get greenlit by the DoJ as soon as rudy threatened trump

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Shim is definitely a piece of poo poo but its overlooked because reasons so just ignore and move on please

That’s how we got “GAS CURES KIKES” and “THIRD WORLD NI**ER” here for so long.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 18, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

I think we all know that those names were in extremely poor taste and would likely preclude us from running for office if it ever got out. But I’m not sure why it’s coming up now unless people are gonna get banned for it or be forced to apologize for it or something.

You don’t understand why I brought that up in the context of people saying to just ignore Shim?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

For starters, don’t give people poo poo for calling him out and say they should just ignore him.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 18, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

I don’t think the CE thread should be used for this purpose though.

Weird to go from “I don’t understand the problem” to “what should we do about it” only to end up with “actually just don’t say anything here” but ok.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I guess we could put it in the cop thread with the rest of the problematic topics.

Have some more news

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1196507660771844103?s=20

That would probably genuinely be a good spin in response to the approval numbers his staff faked.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

This was my very first post on the topic:

“Don’t poo poo up the thread.”

And then:

“Unless you want to do something about it, don’t poo poo up the thread.”

And then:

“Since you wanna poo poo up the thread, what do you think we should do about it?”

Are you raging at me just to rage at someone? I’ve been incredibly consistent, but ok.

No I’m not raging at you. This is not about you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

I apologize for addressing the post you made directly towards me. It was my mistake.

So again, what do you want us to do about it?

Thanks. I disagree with your approach. I’d be happy if we just called his poo poo out when we see it instead of hiding it under a rug. Same goes for the other dude if he’s being anti-Semitic.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stravag posted:

Is there a reason to pardon someone like this other than to try and win the military vote back for the next election? Like was there any question to his guilt or anything? Or was it pretty open and shut? Or just cuz trump said warcriming was cool during his campaign so hes following through now?

This is one of his most confusing behaviors. Very, very few in the military actually support decisions like these. There's like, some ultra-specific group of super chud outside the military that thinks there's no such thing as a war crime but that seems rare even among chuds.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao flipping Sondland is choice

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I WANT NOTHING I WANT NOTHING is such a perfect phrase for 2019 that I’m kind of stunned it came from Trump

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tbh I’m starting to worry that Biden will come out of this looking good

Or at least not looking worse

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 20, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I gave the CNO a tour of one of my systems this year. I met Clapper and Coats, too. I’m really good at rubbing elbows with future Trump enemies, I guess.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

brains posted:

lmao this dipshit must think clemency means "for all past and future acts," because there's no loving way any PAO signed off on this circus and publicly denigrating his own personal chain of command as active US Navy Sailor is absolutely chargeable conduct under UCMJ.

Our military has zero way of dealing with an active duty service member disobeying orders left and right because he has the protection of the president

God drat that is loving wild

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I can't really figure out whether Esper's position is pro- or anti- Trump

Is this not Esper asking for the resignation of a guy who tried to negotiate his way out of 100% compliance with Trump's orders?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We modeled jet engines in Excel in one of my aero classes lol

It was impressive how much we could do with just a Calculus add-in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m learning R right now and tbh i think giving it to kids would be like teaching them calculus with a ti-89

Like as much as I hated those old assholes for making me do it there really is value in starting with the theory and working things out by hand

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Someone who has supposedly known Buttigieg since childhood said that he's a weirdo and has aspired to be president since he was a small child. Basically just dunking on him for being an elitist rear end in a top hat and weird to boot.

There’s plenty of bad things to say about him but those tweets were insanely weak. Like dang, he wanted to be president as a kid!!??! What a dunk!

I think there was one about how he cried when he was 6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I think the point of the Butt stuff is that it fits with him seemingly wanting power for power's sake, and that everything he does is extremely manufactured/ contrived to further that goal. Not some "oh no a kid wanted to be president" handwringing.

I’m just advocating higher standards for what we call massive slam dunks on a dude