Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Jobs in healthcare are the epitome of bloat and bullshit.

When I worked for a hospital system to make a vendor purchase I had to fill out 8 short pages of web forms on their slow-rear end server, just so someone else on the administrative end could do the same thing, before someone else could physically call and make the purchase with the vendor. The problem is that too many people are dependent on these bullshit jobs and the ruling class would rather have people doing useless tasks than just give out UBI. Healthcare, and other associated bullshit bureaucratic jobs are a jobs program. Some anthropologist (lol) has written about this phenomenon
https://www.newyorker.com/books/under-review/the-bullshit-job-boom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Beyond meat was a prime example of bullshit tech bubble inflation, but they’re at an appropriate price level right now. They actually have a product and a future, but $150+ was never reasonable.
Note that other companies in the fake meat industry aren’t trading publicly. They’re serving as a proxy for those other groups as well (like Impossible)

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Bloomberg running is clear evidence for why billionaires need to be taxed more. They are upset that Warrens tax plans will prevent them from pursuing their hobbies like running for president

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Edit: I feel like piracy was at it's best back in the late 2000's and should be a model that we hope to maintain. God drat I miss those days, peer to peer was in it's post Napster and kazza era of having competing warez communities. My kat.ph ratio was a fair metric of giving back as much as I brought in.

gently caress, took a look at the torrent tracking landscape a week ago and poo poo is bleak. I actually got took me a while to figure out which of the links in each listing wasnt the bogus one. I think I've gotten too old and out of touch to pirate. All my old hook ups either flipped, are dead or in jail.

That's my piracy story. Bill Gates shared his.

I think it’ll be back. A lot of trackers died down because there were great and legal streaming platform, namely Spotify and Netflix, but now every company is releasing their own streaming platform to host their own content that people will want their own portable files once more. How much will it cost to be a “cord cutter” now?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Yes/No.

There’s a lot of stove piping in Cyberwarfare. You’ve got everything from script kiddy level folks, to the code gods behind Stuxnet.

This will change, in time. Cyber Command has it as a priority. The JSOC model doesn’t work for the broader cyberwarfare community, but JSOC’s cyberwarfare capabilities are as tightly integrated and as joint as the rest of the Command. I’m not sure the model works though, as cyber is more support/intel at JSOC and in reality we need tightly integrated and joint offensive cyberwarfare.

If you watch Mr. Robot, it makes you really wonder why good hackers would consider working for the federal government. Not a lot in it for them.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I know it's an incel argument but if you're attractive and have charisma, you really can win over the chuds and lovely men in power.

She's mentally ill..apparently she's a cancer survivor too? https://www.instagram.com/p/B02fMhgHs29/

quote:

The day this photo was taken was from the last time I was diagnosed with cancer.

At least her husband seems to be a real USMC vet and USNA grad

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 12, 2019

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Deval Patrick is entering the Democratic Primary! When was the last time a MA governor was the nominee (Romney 2012)? How successful have they been in the general? (only one was elected, Calvin Coolidge).

I for one can't wait for more centrist talking points, it's like a last-ditch effort to slow Warren's rise. I think it's also fueled by the rise of Buttigieg. Sure these centrist boomer+ men are more established and have more achievements than Buttigieg, but Buttigieg literally is an engineered millennial supersoldier for the meritocracy, and these boomers haven't had a head-to-head with someone like him. They've just been pandered to by millennials their entire careers.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

orange juche posted:

It does have a union stamp on it, if it's actually union produced in the US then it's worth $25 vs whatever the hell screenprinting websites sell printed mugs from China for.

It’s union printed. If it were Union made it’d be 2-3x the price and you still wouldn’t raise much money

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Too bad they couldn't appeal to the Federal Supreme Court...

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
He can be a special warfare operator but would he be allowed back into the Seals? Does his rank force him to be a SWCC now if they removed his trident and aren’t allowing him back in?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that was totally swallwell ripping that phonebook with them cheeks

No, if you listen you'd notice Swalwell's voice has an echo since he's in the House, so the fart would have echoed as well. I think it's MSNBC's side, but timed perfectly with Swalwell's inhale.

Need an investigator to find the leaker imo

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

His name was Ringo and Evo got him in August. RIP

https://twitter.com/evoespueblo/status/1161361243124449280

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Tryzzub posted:

hahahaha

Our president is an emo teen

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

A Shakespearean play in the making. This baby will become our future king.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Hunter is known for doing two things: Crack and his sister-in-law

The Chapo episode on Hunter was great. You can tell that Hunter is an earnest and well meaning good dude, just with way higher stature than he deserves. Beau was the good one. Hunter is literally enlisted.txt

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
How do you get truck bros to buy an electric vehicle? Broify it as much as possible. Cybertrk–for electric bro-truck bros.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

McNally posted:

And the windshields are made of Tesla's new "Tesla Armor Glass" which, in testing, proved to be nearly impervious to damage.

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/1197733445616599041

Oh.

If you watch the gif, you'll see that the glass absorbs the energy and doesn't allow penetration...sure it looks bad now it can probably take bullets and protect the inhabitants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Biden’s candidacy is just a honeypot for Pelosi to begin impeachment proceedings. Thank you Joe 🙏