Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bill de Blasio may not be the most likable moron, but:

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2019/10/31/de-blasio-something-doesnt-fit-about-jeffrey-epsteins-death-1226158

Even Bill de Blasio isn't dumb enough to believe Epstein killed himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress that. I'm looking likely to be put on salary soon.

So many weed companies make everyone contractors, it's bullshit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Slim Pickens posted:

These people should be getting dogs as lazy as they actually are. A Malinois is waaaay too high strung for most people. Get a Tibetan terrier instead, they were bred for the sole purpose of keeping monks warm.

Or better yet get a mutt from the pound.

Mals are not good pets, no. I mean, if you trail run a few times a week, don't have kids, and can dedicate endless hours of training to keeping one in line, sure.

That said, if I had a grow op of my own to run, I'd have 3 mals to run the inside of the fence all night. They'd have a little guard dog shack with heat and AC. They learn quickly who to recognize and will eat the rear end in a top hat out of anyone they don't know or instructed to let alone.

I met lots of mals when I worked at that dog supply warehouse. Awesome dogs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Border collies are stupid simple to train and are super affectionate, generally. Also great with kids. Just a mutt with mostly collie genes would be easy to train.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

devmd01 posted:

Apparently Butler University, of a few years ago final four almost-immortality (I was at that game), has decided that it is in the e-sports arena now against other college teams. Behold, their intro video in all it‘s glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sP-Y1-fq58

I’m sure as hell embarrassed by proxy for my alma mater.

You'd figure they'd use their avatars.

Will the ncaa pay them for their likenesses in 2k ESports 2020?

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 1, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Did de Blasio drop out already?

He voiced his opinion about it the other day.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2019/10/31/de-blasio-something-doesnt-fit-about-jeffrey-epsteins-death-1226158

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm done arguing with people for today. Literally just got into it with a guy at work, because he's never read the entire constitution. Like, never heard of the 18th amendment (and subsequently the 21st) banning alcohol. Pitching a bitch fit about republican talking points. Literally asked him if he's ever read the drat thing, "just the parts I like."

Motherfucker, it's not fifty shades of gray, it's not supposed to get you hard because you keep rereading the same passages.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Civics class should be what covers it. I remember learning about it in middle and high school civics. Also history classes.

My idiot brothers are of the same line of thought as my coworker. Like, dumbasses, it takes very little time to read the constitution. It's not Playboy, you shouldn't be skipping articles.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

colachute posted:

I rolled my eyes really hard at this post.

Same.

Death penalties don't matter when you're that rich and white.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, the consequence is going to be his brothers' autopsy doctor is right, Epsteins' family will get all the money and the victims will get nothing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nystral posted:

I’m in a discussion with some friends about this topic. Is there a source I can cite where it says that if Epstein was murdered then his family gets a larger part of the estate?

I heard it on NPR late last week-ish, so a year ago in Trump Time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That Works posted:

Hahah holy poo poo

Better they die by bug than have their ship commandeered by the Belt.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

I checked off 'YES' to every tax increase (which might increase my yearly burden by a whole hundred dollars) without really looking into any of them because I don't really care. My uncle will be thrilled when I tell him this.

Voted yes on anything tax like here, yay Colorado ballots being mailed out to voters so we can just drop them off at our leisure, or in the mail.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dem just took the lead in KY gov race, according to CNN.

E: Kentucky is a close loving race right now.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 6, 2019

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Beshears' father was a Kentucky governor, too. He's got coat tails to ride.

Not that I'm complaining.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Mississippi is just the worst loving place. I've probably spent a grand total of a week of my life in that poo poo state, and I want every minute of it back.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I doubt many people who consider vaping to be a voting issue actually voted.

Going off the people I know who use those dumb things, yeah, that's not a big voting bloc.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stravag posted:

The only use i have for vape pens is how hideable it makes weed. Instead of like a 32 oz mason jar you have like 6 cartrifges and you can get way higher way more often without all the evidence laying around

I prefer having jars of flower around, but my preferences change with relative frequency. Never been a cartridge guy though, just give me a simple coil pen for dropping in shatter. Cheaper too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

...six of them were kids, dude. I think that still counts as pretty fuckin horrible.

That's pretty goddamn unfortunate, but that family fled the US 100+ years ago. It's not our problem that some fundie mormons' multiple wives and children were murdered in Mexico. How the gently caress they had US citizenship ought to raise questions.

Besides, world burning, limited resources, dumb conservative fucks that want to raise their own loving football teams that ultimately they will shun most of because ~reasons~ that will be claimed religious, but are really reasons to get rid of males and add to their wife collections.

Yeah, you know what? gently caress them. Shame the kids were killed, but they weren't destined for good lives anyhow. But, to each their own, and I literally don't give a poo poo about some fundie morons' kids getting murdered over any other race/religion child. Plenty of kids murdered every day that aren't white friends of weird jesus and company.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arven posted:

I was in front of a TV playing a normal cable station for the first time in a year last week and every commercial break there was an Amazon commercial with warehouse workers just talking about how great their jobs were. Dystopian as gently caress.

That's because they're going through seasonal hiring right now.

They have better benefits and pay than most people working poo poo warehouse or retail jobs. Amazon has its' problems, but they're no Walmart.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never had to piss in a bottle and had adequate times for breaks. Not everyone has to micromanage their bladder. I spent six months working in one of those places.

poo poo like that doesn't happen everywhere.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Dwanyelle posted:

Oh, well, it didn't happen to YOU, so it's fine, I guess.

Look, they're a poo poo company and whatnot, but plenty of other employers out there are easily as bad, if not worse.

poo poo on amazon all you want, I never had a bad work experience there, besides walking 10-15 miles a day, but that's paid cardio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Look you dumb cunts.

All I did was say those amazon ads were because they were hiring seasonally.

Some of you stupid fucks just love misinterpreting poo poo.

gently caress you all, give me a 72.

Dwanyelle posted:

Amazon employees have to piss in bottles because they're held to such extreme standards they can't afford to take a bathroom break.

Amazon buys air conditioning for their equipment and not their warehouse workers.

How many Amazon employees have dropped dead on the job from over working?

Jeff Bezos has an insane amount of money he doesn't know what to do with.

Amazon is evil. Don't defend them.

Especially gently caress you. I said they pay better and have decent benefits, I'm not sucking Bezos cock you trite bitch.