Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've owned labs for most of my life and if I ever get another dog, I'll probably get another lab. Love those big dopey bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have incredibly good health insurance for the private sector. I pay 250/month for myself, have an 1150 deductible and 2300 maximum out of pocket. So theoretically my health insurance costs me a maximum of no more than 5300 bucks for a year. My company dumps a grand or more into my HSA every year.

I would gladly pay considerably more than that on the assurances that everyone else gets it and it's not tied to employment.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Harris had a legitimate shot except she squandered it. And then Biden entered the race and welp, that's it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
People are so bought into the concept of trickle-down ~job creators~ that they honestly think if the billionaires leave then all the jobs will too.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You would think that.

You would be wrong.

edit: We learn about the constitution, but only rough details about the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and sometimes the 14th amendments.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I went to public school in an extremely well funded New England state.

In grade school we were taught about the Civil War being about slaves, and a few famous generals.

In middle school we went over the constitution/bill of rights/etc. as a concept, but not really in detail. We did cover the Civil War in more detail, and even covered a bit of Reconstruction.

In high school my government/civics class was an elective that I took. We discussed primarily the federal/state system, the justice system, etc.

All my high school level history classes were focused on WW1/WW2/Korea/Vietnam. They didn't really offer anything about the Revolution or a dedicated Civil War class.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It’s also class warfare. You can keep the useful skills gated behind a university education and limit it so that the right kind of people get it. Who are now financially invested and encouraged to separate from their non-educated peers and compound/perpetuate the cycle.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Nevermind that the cartels also have equal or superior training and equipment compared to average line troops.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Thankfully VA is really easy about absentee ballots, I voted last week and my reason was basically "I don't wanna go to the polls normally".

I checked off 'YES' to every tax increase (which might increase my yearly burden by a whole hundred dollars) without really looking into any of them because I don't really care. My uncle will be thrilled when I tell him this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the democrats have a hat trick in virginia

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Nystral posted:

Sites are claiming KY gov went Dem.

Does this mean if Mitch McConnel (R - Turtle) dies he can appoint a Dem to finish the term?

Yes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That was probably the same interview where he was basically like 'space i guess lmao' on future plans.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
the reality is that things are going to continue a steady decline of getting worse for most people, the only thing you can somewhat control is the speed and severity that it happens

eat arbys

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The bar for Amazon to go from "one of the absolute worst employers as an aggregate" to "lovely just like the rest of them" involves letting their employees pee.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't pirate video games anymore and I haven't felt the need to since I got a big kid job a long time ago.

I'm more than willing to pay twice or even three times what netflix is currently charging if I could actually watch all the stuff we could 10 years ago. I don't care if I'm paying for close to what I paid for cable in those dark days, as long as it's all in one or at most two places.

Quickly looking at what I watched this year and will watch shortly when it comes out, I would need subs to:

HBO Go
Showtime
Netflix
Apple TV+
CBS All Access
Amazon Prime Video
Disney Streaming

Like gently caress you, I'm not subbing to seven different streaming services and I'm most certainly not going to janitor when to sub/unsub. Take my loving money and give me what I want in one or two places.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1193192673429131264

presented without further comment

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I love how every time they try and go after ~the squad~ it horribly backfires.

Like when fox news unironically listed AOC's platform and she retweeted it as a point of pride.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The ADEA doesn't even apply to ageism in that way.

It's for hiring, firing, and benefits purposes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
bigfarts420

edit: poo poo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
which hogg though

there are seriously two david hoggs

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Risk assessment is the last skillset that your brain develops. Sometimes social situations can force you to do it earlier. It's roughly age 25 for women and 27 for men.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

SimonCat posted:

Anyone else go the extra mile to not identify themselves as a Veteran on Veteran's Day? People make such a big deal out it of everyday anymore that asking for special treatment today seems selfish.

Everyone that I work for and everyone that works for me, with one exception, knows to not say anything. My one boss sent a sappy thank-you email on Friday but it's totally in-character for him so whatever.

However, there's a fair amount of people I've worked with that don't know I hate that poo poo, so my phone has been put on DnD mode all day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Despite the concept being as simple as it can be, joint operations were uh...considerably rougher back then.

They're still kinda poo poo unless you're in a small integrated unit affiliated with JSOC.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Nothing happened to him.

He's always been like that, we just never listened.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I *think* he still has his retirement nixed, because like sheriff Joe he's still a convicted felon. But I can't recall where he was in the judicial process, and can't recall if the UCMJ allows pardons like this normally.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ah piss. Guess I didn't follow that particular story as close as I thought.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't think it would cause it to crash but I could totally see it tripping the "woah, I don't know where I am, better set down right here nice and slow" thing because that's what it looked like in those videos.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's no reason to pardon someone like that. Because it spits in the face of international warfare and relations. But it plays well on Fox because OUR PRESIDENT is righting the wrongs of our corrupt justice system preventing ARE TROOPS from fighting terrorists.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
birthday officer at thule

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
they don't let uniforms on antarctica per that treaty

Vasudus posted:

birthday officer at thule

this is the furthest/worst posting he can get

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
is there a place i can get a ticket

where's the line

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Flikken posted:

25th amendment.

I'll take "people that will never be involved in GOP politics again" for 200

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Pence creeps out the bulk of GOP voters. They want someone that's a hypocrite, they don't actually want a bible-thumping-yes-mother religious nutball. They just like the idea of someone claiming to be godly.

Every senator that votes to convict and every cabinet member that signs on to a 25th would either be primaried, lose their seat, or be otherwise blackballed from government moving forward. Because this is the party of Trump now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
SecNav (and the CNO) waved when crab dad pointed at him like a tourist in a zoo so at least he's nice to the fans.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Not my proudest moment.

I joined for health insurance so I could job hop.

It was funny though, and that's all that matters.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's also a calculated risk. Throw 100m to maybe change the narrative on getting taxed, which would cost you more. It's personal lobbying.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Zuckerberg and other similar billionaires are likely about 2% of that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If there's any medical research and it comes from India or China any of the medical orgs I've worked for will straight up refuse to acknowledge it if it's not backed by another western source. I would imagine that astrological stuff is similar but easier to prove of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
hope is the first step on the road to disappointment