Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Watching Never Trump Republicans whine about this has made my morning.

:qq: "You have to run a more moderate candidate or we'll have to go vote for Trump again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

redneck nazgul posted:

Well, hopefully she'll campaign in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania this time because this is sounding awfully familiar.

:rolleyes: Warren has her issues, no doubt, and the things you criticized about her M4A policy have some merit behind them but acting like she's Clinton 2.0 is disingenuous as gently caress.

Casimir Radon posted:

Huskies aren't that much of a handful if you aren't an idiot. Sled dogs can be pretty rammy, but they're perfectly good family dogs if you can handle them. Ours is turning 5 in December.

I grew up with huskies (or rather a family friend that watched me for long periods of time had a bunch that they mushed) and I love them. If you know what you're doing, they're great dogs. Still, my wife (she's a vet) refuses to let me get one unless we end up moving to Canada, and even then, it's not a given. They can be really hard to manage.

They are great dogs but too many dipshits get them (and BelMals, German Shepards, etc) without bothering to understand the amount of work and training that you need to put into owning that breed of dog. I do think huskies are on the lower end of how much training and work you need to keep them, but it's still massively more work than a lab or a pittie.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

A Bad Poster posted:

Hey.

They're all good dogs.

:yeah:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Beto just dropped out of the race.

He also quickly said that he is not going to run for Senate either.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Probably the fact UFC has a lot of chud fighters and fans of UFC tend to lean conservative.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, Reagan was an rear end, Dollop does a good two parter of Reagan with Patton Oswalt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZlRX1EVnSw

Reagan was trash, he was practically Trump but even further into his brain being mush.

Yeah I'm reading the The Clothes Have No Emperor right now and I knew beforehand Regan was a shithead and he was mush brained but some of the day to day stuff that's coming up is pure :stare:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 4, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

I think this is slightly outside the bounds of regular CE stuff, but gently caress it.

https://twitter.com/tomandlorenzo/status/1191522859862151168?s=19

Fuckin hell yeah, Keanu's happy.

:3:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/notlarrysabato/status/1191882607237185536

:lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hope is a lie, etc etc, buttttt

https://twitter.com/chrisjollyhale/status/1191878661651255296

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Lee Carter also held onto his seat :toot:

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Kentucky to go blue next year based on tonight's result, but it sure as gently caress does not bode well for the GOP.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

gently caress yeah.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn’t Virginia one of the states where the democrats were prevented from getting a majority by some flipping to republican?

Yeah, the seat went to a tie-breaker (coin flip IIRC) and the GOP won the seat.

The Dem candidate ran again for the same seat and won with 58% of the vote :lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So bad they already deleted it...I was wondering what Twitter was on about this morning. I saw a bunch of tweets saying it was a stupid idea but they didn't mention who had it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

colachute posted:

We need things to be shittier for everyone, not better for anyone.

https://twitter.com/Seej500/status/1191369044336742400

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Netflix my in-laws pay for and share the account with three other households. My dad lets me use his HBO account and I pay for Hulu (which I'll likely convert to whatever paring D+ does). Prime is an easy one for me to keep since it's paired with shipping and I split that payment up with three other people.

Like if I had to pay for everything, I'd likely only have Netflix, Prime and Hulu/D+. EVerything else I'm happy to pass on because gently caress paying for any one service just to watch one major show.

NBC and CBS thinking I'm going to pay them 8 bucks a month to watch the office or Star Trek are having a laugh.

Xenoborg posted:

We'll see if it lasts. Just about every AAA publisher is trying to make their own steam clone and make their games exclusive to it.

EA has already back peddled on this. They are bringing their games back to Steam.

I think Epic is the only launcher/company that has a realistic shot at staying in the marketplace but I've managed to avoid using it this long, so I doubt they'll bring anything to it that will pull me over.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 8, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd like to point out she was born in 1985 and has worked as a journalist her whole life so it's a staggering level of self-own

This only proves that being a Boomer is truly a state of mind.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MA-Horus posted:

Canada's Racist Grandpa, Don Cherry, has just been fired from Coach's Corner for saying some pretty racist poo poo on live TV

The CHUDs are out in loving force.

:lol: good

The best part is what he was fired for.
ranting about Remembrance Poppies, or more specifically, immigrants not wearing them

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EFB

Stravag posted:

Please tell me that scene from the first transformers movie wasnt somehow based in reality jfc...

It was...

Flikken posted:

I thought was Grenada

Yup, it was Grenada. Then Clint Eastwood put it into Heartbreak Ridge.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Some entirely bad faith arguments and pearl clutching about the "leftist dictator" from the US military support forum? Color me shocked.

:rolleyes: Yes, that is entirely what's going on here.

One can agree that a coup in Bolivia is lovely and hosed up while also acknowledging the guy removed from power had some issues. It's not an either or scenario my dude.

https://twitter.com/GregGrandin/status/1193910771392143362

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

colachute posted:

Death to Nazis imho

:same:

Anyone else watching the Impeachment Hearings?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

:siren: HOLY poo poo ROGER STONE IS A FELON :siren:

https://twitter.com/hsu_spencer/status/1195382633078898690?s=19

Seven counts, seven guiltys.

:byewhore:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I thought for sure LA was going to go Red again but oh man.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The stupid thing is he could put that money* towards whichever candidate wins the nom or downticket races and it would arguably be more helpful than his stupid candidacy, but nope.

*Yes, I fully realize $100M could be better spent on many things that would help many people. Billionaires shouldn't exist, etc etc.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/OfficialJonZal/status/1196816733736259584

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

reposting this bc it's my theme for the rest of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykAXB3JFy4

:lol: thank you for this. It has made my lovely day much better.

LingcodKilla posted:

Blue Bird bus? More like Blue Falcon bus!

lol, this too.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 20, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I read this article a few minutes ago...and it makes sense in explaining why the Dems are pushing in court for Mulvaney and Bolton to compel with their subpoenas. What helps is you don't need to put on "Uhh actually the John Roberts is a part of the resistance!" goggles for it to make sense.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/read-this-11

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Thank you for your cervix service.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

colachute posted:

You can keep adding qualifiers to why it won’t work, but excel impacts such a huge number of jobs that it should be more integrated into education.

Agreed.

I work in a job that requires pouring through massive amounts of primary source documents for a history research product, and I use excel daily. Like power user levels of use, not just data entry. Prior to that, I was working on statistical tables based on gov data, which also called for excel. I realize working in DC skews things a bit, but that also seems to be the norm everywhere else.

Looking back, I would have been far better served by my primary schooling if they took the time to teach us core Excel concepts. I remember my first internship having to bumblefuck my way through using Excel because no one had thought to teach me anything with it. I'm lucky in that I've always had a knack for computer touching and I know how to figure out most problems in excel using one simple formula Literally googling the problem with the word "solution" tacked on to it

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Another example of just how far to the right the Democrats have moved

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/status/1200099308374282241?s=19

I mean you're not wrong that parts of the Democratic party have moved to the right...but maybe don't point at a guy who ran as a republican, then independent and is now trying to buy his way into the dem primary as a prime example of "Dems bad".

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Thread's deleted, what does it say?

Someone who has supposedly known Buttigieg since childhood said that he's a weirdo and has aspired to be president since he was a small child. Basically just dunking on him for being an elitist rear end in a top hat and weird to boot.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

kill me now posted:

Isn't "be the President" easily in the top 10 of the list of things 6 year olds will say when you ask them what they want to be when they grow up?

Is it weird when someone who wanted to be an Astronaut when they are 6 and they actually work towards that for their entire life until they become one?

I'm Bernie all the way, but that isn't some show stopping reason to not like Buttigieg

It came off less, poo poo kids say and more "this man is a sociopath with only one goal in mind and he doesn't give a poo poo who he steps on to get there"

In a vacuum, a child saying they want to be president and then one day actually running for president isn't a big deal, but combined with his current persona and how he styles himself, I can understand why it just confirms people's beliefs about him.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 30, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fallom posted:

There’s plenty of bad things to say about him but those tweets were insanely weak. Like dang, he wanted to be president as a kid!!??! What a dunk!

I think there was one about how he cried when he was 6?

In case it wasn't clear, I don't think those tweets are smoking guns as to why Pete is a bad candidate. It's mostly funny but also a little "oh, yeah that sounds about right for him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I’ve become completely disgusted with all the Democratic candidates that aren’t Sanders or Warren.

How the gently caress are Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar (sp?) still in this race? 2020 is a month away. gently caress.

I'm with you but I think it's going to really narrow down to 4-5 candidates at most by Iowa.

Honestly expecting it to be Biden, Sanders, Warren and Butt possibly. Once Iowa wraps up.