Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version of Pokemon????
Sword ⚔ 🔵
Shield 🛡 🔴
View Results

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pokemon Coke and Pokemon Pepsi would cause an irreversible rift between Lord Mike and King James.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pokemon Coke and Pokemon Pepsi would cause an irreversible rift between Lord Mike and King James.
This is how Ash and Gary became rivals.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Listen everyone. This game is so sweet. It’s like watching cute animal videos but it’s ethical for the animals to have epic battles after.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like how many different pokemon appear in each area and patch of grass instead of just 2 per area and a very rare one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Virum_SD/status/1197051231648149505

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I like how many different pokemon appear in each area and patch of grass instead of just 2 per area and a very rare one

yes. having weather change which pokemon appear is also cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds good and all but. Have you seen the loving trees.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Sounds good and all but. Have you seen the loving trees.

Time to get serious.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
every1 liking this one? i like it. im glad they balanced it around the xp share cos i cant find a way to turn it off.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it didnt start well though .. like the first area you go into is some open poo poo with "raid battles" everywhere and i thought every area was going to look like that like some xenoblade tier BS. but it turns out its just some safari zone style area and its just normal routes after that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
apparently the design is based on england too .. not really getting that vibe from it for the most part but there was one part where i was walking around a town like "i recognise those bins, them bins look just like the bins in my city"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I booted the binmen right in the mickey quite quickly like with my flash team of cute plants mate.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My biggest complaint is that it doesn't seem like it was made to be played again which is whatever but my memories of the last ones I played, Blue, Crystal, Emerald etc I can remember every gym leader having a Pokemon you had to be scared of. But in this one it always seemed like who cares about this guy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also the stuff between gyms seems really sparse in comparison. I feel like they made the game for the postgame gamers which I guess is fine but I usually don't like when games do that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually do you get more experience with less pokemon in the party. That's something I haven't tried.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My only other complaint is I kinda hate Dynamax at least between trainers. It seems like such a tiny addition as far as strategy in comparison to how long the cutscenes take. lol I guess it's cool for the raids though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Also the stuff between gyms seems really sparse in comparison. I feel like they made the game for the postgame gamers which I guess is fine but I usually don't like when games do that.

x+y was a bit like that too, kinda clinical and it was the last big upgrade in a long time cos it was all sprites and poo poo before that. but then sun and moon etc were epic

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Wormskull posted:

I booted the binmen right in the mickey quite quickly like with my flash team of cute plants mate.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

My biggest complaint is that it doesn't seem like it was made to be played again which is whatever but my memories of the last ones I played, Blue, Crystal, Emerald etc I can remember every gym leader having a Pokemon you had to be scared of. But in this one it always seemed like who cares about this guy.

I wish the game were a little harder but that's nothing new and true for all of them except maybe Black & White 2. I kind of like that there's not a ton of mandatory poo poo you have to do between gyms because each route is so dense with pokémon that you can spend a ton of time catching all of them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
imho the game is a good time, but theres almost nothing interesting about it

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i really like all the new player character customization features. i hope they keep expanding those options in the future. even things like the league card are cool even though it is completely superfluous.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It seems a little more focused on postgame online stuff than they usually do, which is probably the right move because anyone who plays these games past the story comes for that

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm waiting for the third game. If you want more pokemon, I really recommend playing HG/SS after this one. You can have every pokemon follow you around like Pikachu in Yellow.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The last Pokemon game I played was Black and I was mixed on it. Is the series worth playing past that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
sun/moon rocked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

sun/moon rocked

ultra sun moon was super good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ultra Sun looked so sweet that I'm waiting for Ultra Shield.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The last Pokemon game I played was Black and I was mixed on it. Is the series worth playing past that

ultra sun and moon are the best ones theyve made ever

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm gonna be real sun and moon suck poo poo. They introduce a lot of cool variations of old pokemon but the actual gameplay is a tedious tutorial to the end. Most trainers and gym leaders have 1-2 pokemon. Story is really hard to play through but it is pokemon.

I guess a lot of people liked it but I got sick of it really fast. I didn't play ultra sun or ultra moon though so don't listen to me on them.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It’s hard to wait for a Pokémon game now because there’s no telling what they’ll do with it now. The first few gens had a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum third game, then Black/White had straight-up sequels, X/Y had nothing I think? Then Sun/Moon had the ultra versions which I guess is just the same game but with more stuff? So who knows what they’ll do this time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
remember that long rear end necked exeggutor. whoever came up with that one is some kind of genius on the level of newton or maybe dj tiesto

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They’re all boring as hell unless your a kid. Most people don’t have the balls to say it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

I'm gonna be real sun and moon suck poo poo. They introduce a lot of cool variations of old pokemon but the actual gameplay is a tedious tutorial to the end. Most trainers and gym leaders have 1-2 pokemon. Story is really hard to play through but it is pokemon.

I guess a lot of people liked it but I got sick of it really fast. I didn't play ultra sun or ultra moon though so don't listen to me on them.

Every Pokémon game is a tedious tutorial to the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also sun and moon had aliens...those things weren't even in the Pokédex...poo poo was awesome

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I played some sun moon after black but Sword has been way more fun than any of those. First game I've thought that matched what I thought a pokemon game would be when I was 8. Seeing pokemon in the wild 3D etc. Lots of pokemon variety in each area too and cool animations and models. Good tunes too

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
They need to do an entire game where everywhere is the wild area.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

But the main fun for me is collecting and mystery trading rather than the battles so ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looking at my pokemon in the camp still makes me smile a little bit so hell. I'm riding that high.