Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version of Pokemon????
Sword ⚔ 🔵
Shield 🛡 🔴
View Results

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

my favorite pokemon game was that red++ rom hack. the gym leaders actually had full rosters of cool mons and the ai was smarter. my favorite of the real games might be black/white 2, i liked a lot of the new mons that gen. i hope sword/shield gets discounted eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Pokemon games never go down in price, even used.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Been going through some excruciating mental somersaults trying to figure out who the old black guy is sitting on my mom's couch.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Been going through some excruciating mental somersaults trying to figure out who the old black guy is sitting on my mom's couch.

Wrong thread?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

musclebusiness posted:

my favorite pokemon game was that red++ rom hack. the gym leaders actually had full rosters of cool mons and the ai was smarter. my favorite of the real games might be black/white 2, i liked a lot of the new mons that gen. i hope sword/shield gets discounted eventually

gently caress you

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gently caress YOOOOOOU

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Famous TV Dad posted:

i really like all the new player character customization features. i hope they keep expanding those options in the future. even things like the league card are cool even though it is completely superfluous.

This!!!! I love it. I also hope that even when they do remakes of older games they will add the modern customization stuff bc its so fun...

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I havent beaten the story yet bc i love the raids and wild area but im hoping they will make dlc. I feel like it makes sense now that the game is on a console. They dont have to sell a whole new cartridge or w/e..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Considering it's already the fastest selling switch game ever they most likely will sell another 60 dollar cart

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Wrong thread?

Lol right?

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress YOOOOOOU

Every time you say this I read it in a Soulja boy tinny-rear end mp3 voice. Cmon man turn up the heat on these flames!! :evilbuddy:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/raskyperro/status/1196215957749817345?s=21

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol right?

Every time you say this I read it in a Soulja boy tinny-rear end mp3 voice. Cmon man turn up the heat on these flames!! :evilbuddy:

You're a right binman mate. Take a big gently caress off a long cliff will you.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This is definitely the coolest pokémon game i've ever played for local MP. Both my roommates are playing and it's awesome to have one of them find some rare wild area raid and then both of us other ones join in within like 60 seconds of booting our switches. They did a great job streamlining it and making it feel like a natural part of the game; teaming up is so quick and painless

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/serebiinet/status/1199701235638685696?s=21

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol cool

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTKjNJyjZg

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I haven’t played a Pokémon since red blue. Just picked up shield.

Are there any big gameplay changes? It’s still essentially using the correct Pokémon type to get bonus damage against enemy Pokémon right?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeds but you gotta figure out if fairy damages dark now. Luckily the game tells you if you’ve faved that pokemon before if your moves will be effective etc. I like these games for collection mainly and they’re great for that.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I haven’t played a Pokémon since red blue. Just picked up shield.

Are there any big gameplay changes? It’s still essentially using the correct Pokémon type to get bonus damage against enemy Pokémon right?

I guess the main thing in combat is that moves are split into either physical or special and pokémon have different special/normal attack/defense stats instead of just attack and defense . But basically the same. Pokémon also do 1.5 damage when using a move that matches their type, don't remember if that was in the GB games

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Biggest change is that they started modeling the pokemons dicks and pussies. Causes some FPS drop is big battles.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Average Bear posted:

Biggest change is that they started modeling the pokemons dicks and pussies. Causes some FPS drop is big battles.

thats hosed up wow

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Oh that kooky wooloo, breaking down that gate <:shobon:>

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I have conquered the first two gyms.

Outside of the dynamax 4v1 fights in the wild area, I have yet to find a reason to use the weird condition/effect attacks rather than the highest damage type attack.

The damage to health balance of most fights means that it never seems worth it to give up an attack for a turn.

Game is pretty easy so far but also has great game feels.

Tldr: I like the game

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I have conquered the first two gyms.

Outside of the dynamax 4v1 fights in the wild area, I have yet to find a reason to use the weird condition/effect attacks rather than the highest damage type attack.

The damage to health balance of most fights means that it never seems worth it to give up an attack for a turn.

Game is pretty easy so far but also has great game feels.

Tldr: I like the game

The early status moves that only give a level 1 de/buff to a single stat are bad. At higher levels you get moves that boost multiple stats, or that boost a single stat by multiple levels, that are often worth using.

For instance, if your 'mon is slower than its opponent, using a speed+whatever de/buff is a freebie if it lets you move first afterwards.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Having completed the main story

1. I wish the main story was a bit harder. There wasn't any trouble at all until Leon and his team of esoteric advantage-nullifying type combinations. And that caught me off guard but wasn't too hard to counter once I knew what to expect. I think the Dynamax concept backfired badly for the gyms -- rather than giving the leaders a "boss" pokemon it was just a matter of lining up the type advantage for your own dynamax to one-hit them.

2. I like the story :shobon: It wasn't just "This is your rival. He's a dick. This is Team Evil. They are evil." All the characters were interesting in their own ways and I liked all their arcs.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I miss having a snotty rival you wanna beat the poo poo out of but I did like the buffoon team rocket type guys.

interstellar anime
Nov 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

algorithm hit me with that poo poo too :cheers:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I am the champion of the Pokémon.

I don’t think I really did it right though. I kind of just grabbed a few generically good Pokémon and brute forced my way through. Didn’t really customize my team for each encounter.

I also unfortunately never really got to the point where the non attack moves were worth it, as the thread described. I couldn’t sacrifice the PP!

I think it might be fun to do it again with a gimmick build. Team of half ghosts with the super fun explosion and curse abilities. Then the other half of the team are big hp and defense dudes who could survive a couple turns using revives on the ghosts.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got shield, having last played black & white. I'm halfway through right now, I think.

- wild area owns. I think I spent like an hour or so just catching every dang Pokemon I saw when I first got there and alternating between "aww sweet, X is in the game" and "what the gently caress is an X." Getting chased around by random mons was worth quite a few giggles
- online multiplayer is pretty quick and painless compared to previous gens ime. better with friends ofc
- really diverse Pokemon selection. Lotta complaining online about animations and not every Pokemon being in but it feels like a lot already, I'm halfway through and still discovering ones I haven't seen in the game yet
- I really hope there are more than two toys
- kingler crew reporting in

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found more toys. 10/10

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DrLavaYT/status/1207308268860608512

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good job making the cutest video game animal in history irregardless, ma’am.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I really enjoy Inteleon's gigantamax design

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Good job making the cutest video game animal in history irregardless, ma’am.

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bummed about the DLC.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Bummed about the DLC.
Sounds like you're a Cheap rear end Gamer who was hoping to snag an enhanced version of the game for regular price. The DLC looks hype as hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Sounds like you're a Cheap rear end Gamer who was hoping to snag an enhanced version of the game for regular price. The DLC looks hype as hell.

I was and the DLC does look sick...that's why I'm bummed. The patient gamer is losing big on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't win em all I guess. At least I have Horace to look forward to next week.