Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version of Pokemon????
Sword ⚔ 🔵
Shield 🛡 🔴
View Results

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I haven’t played a Pokémon since red blue. Just picked up shield.

Are there any big gameplay changes? It’s still essentially using the correct Pokémon type to get bonus damage against enemy Pokémon right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Oh that kooky wooloo, breaking down that gate <:shobon:>

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I have conquered the first two gyms.

Outside of the dynamax 4v1 fights in the wild area, I have yet to find a reason to use the weird condition/effect attacks rather than the highest damage type attack.

The damage to health balance of most fights means that it never seems worth it to give up an attack for a turn.

Game is pretty easy so far but also has great game feels.

Tldr: I like the game

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I am the champion of the Pokémon.

I don’t think I really did it right though. I kind of just grabbed a few generically good Pokémon and brute forced my way through. Didn’t really customize my team for each encounter.

I also unfortunately never really got to the point where the non attack moves were worth it, as the thread described. I couldn’t sacrifice the PP!

I think it might be fun to do it again with a gimmick build. Team of half ghosts with the super fun explosion and curse abilities. Then the other half of the team are big hp and defense dudes who could survive a couple turns using revives on the ghosts.