Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Ok where do I find this 80s and 90s gear and what do I need to stap a camera to them. I would like to be able to get pictures of materials I'm working with for presentations with microscopy, and I would like to strap use my m34 stuff.

e: I need metallurgy style microscopes because I'll be putting test models under it mostly

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Uhhhh let's say 30mm x 30mm x 10mm thick specimens at max, all opaque polymer based composites. I would like to image pyrolysis gas bubbles trapped in melted silica fiber (mostly clear), so like .01-.1 mm ish diameter gas bubbles in a ~3mm diameter glass bulb. Our surplus warehouse is picked clean all the time and rarely has anything functioning there.

I have no budget for this, it's not going to be useful data other than making powerpoint slides less boring. Or rather, I should say it's out of pocket budget levels.

I'm mostly curious what your camera mount setups are like how reversible they are, because if it's a relatively simple install that can be taken off I won't have problems finding labs to let me borrow stuff.