Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

My interest is primarily in gemstones. I currently have a Mark 6 Gemolite scope.

And recently acquired a Nikon SMZ-10 trinocular head that I’m going to try and mount on the gemolite.

Still trying my hand with photomicrography!

Opal inclusions.

Rainbow lattice sunstone.

Tourmalated quartz.

Amber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

Hey! Fancy running into you here. I guess this is what I get for not casually working stairs into every conversation with a new acquaintance. Your photos are looking good!

Small world 😄

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

Oh by the way, hot microscope tip: just in case anyone is using a Nikon infinity corrected scope

Newbie question. How does one know if they have a Nikon infinity corrected scope? :P

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

drat. That apatite photo is so clear! Care to share what your new setup is?

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Absolutely PHENOMENAL photo! I’m jealous of your setup :D

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

That looks amazing! Was it challenging to set up for epi DIC?

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Absolutely spectacular. That stuff is so neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

well, that’s goddamn cool :D