Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

By hook or by crook the Florida gator has been vanquished by the Georgia bulldog. Imagine being paid nearly $2 million a year to get your defense blown up by James Coley.

I kinda hate this trend of “presumably decent coach ties fortune to poo poo coordinator and throws him off a bridge” that’s going on at UF but oh well.

My loss your gain. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I kinda hate this trend of “presumably decent coach ties fortune to poo poo coordinator and throws him off a bridge” that’s going on at UF but oh well.

My loss your gain. :suicide:

I mean if you keep him for a first and second down defensive coordinator he is good. Just hire a 3rd down coordinator that won’t dial a blitz every single time.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I sure would love to stop using Trey Dean as a Star and move him to safety so we could stop getting shithoused on crossing routes. Move Marco to Star, gently caress

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

https://twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/1190973633964974080?s=20

Read this tweet, and then realize one of the teams they're using for that second stat is Georgia Tech

Also less impressive when you find out that Alabama and Penn State have played one less total game than Clemson.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The thing with Grantham is that his defenses are on balance normally pretty good it's just that when they go bad they go bad in the most glaring and hilarious way possible.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

He does have some talent evaluation issues at times too. He isn’t the worst DC but I how many other DCs have a slogan for them?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

He does have some talent evaluation issues at times too. He isn’t the worst DC but I how many other DCs have a slogan for them?

When Gary Danielson dunks on you....

Time to re-evaluate.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This felt like the most boring uneventful unXorty week. Did any result have any impact aside from maybe GA FL?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Get the band back together and bring back Charlie Strong as DC.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DC Murderverse posted:

barring an epic collapse, one of Cinci, SMU or Memphis is gonna be in the NY6 Bowls this year, and honestly they'll probably be better than half of the non-playoff NY6 bowl teams

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Not Wake Forest. Deacs bitch

Wake Forest VS Memphis in the Orange Bowl

Gonna score all the points

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sash! posted:

Also less impressive when you find out that Alabama and Penn State have played one less total game than Clemson.
Also the stat of "Every team has entered the contest with a record of .500 or better" when their first game was against GT and the Yellowjackets are currently at 2-6.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

skaboomizzy posted:

Liberty got their sixth win today, but two are against FCS teams (Maine and Hampton). They should probably get their fifth FBS win the last week of the season when they beat New Mexico State for the second time this year, allowing them to use one FCS win as their sixth and becoming formally bowl eligible.

So that would be six wins, three of which are an FCS team, and NMState TWICE. I dunno how many bowls we're up to now, but someone might have to take them.

Yeah I think by rule they’d have to be taken before anybody dipped into the 5-7 teams.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Zwabu posted:

This felt like the most boring uneventful unXorty week. Did any result have any impact aside from maybe GA FL?

Pac 12 roughly sorted itself out this weekend assuming Oregon doesn't get two losses among both Arizonas and Oregon State, and Utah can beat UCLA, Arizona, Colorado.

Sorry not sorry Trojans and Huskies.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Pac 12 roughly sorted itself out this weekend assuming Oregon doesn't get two losses among both Arizonas and Oregon State, and Utah can beat UCLA, Arizona, Colorado.

Fire Helton

Go Aztecs

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Maxwells Demon posted:

I mean, thread title says it all, really.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

I'd be so down. Memphis goons plz weigh in

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Willie Taggart fired hahahaha

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Randaconda posted:

1) fire taggart

2) lol same ol' sorry rear end jorts wearing Gators

done and maybe

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wish Taggart had stayed at Oregon :(

downout
Jul 6, 2009

meyer to FSU if my prayers to zort are answered

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

downout posted:

He was at Florida ... he was at Ohio State ... seems logical?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

downout posted:

Who the hell is Zort? Some sort of lesser Xort?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Who the hell is Zort? Some sort of lesser Xort?

No wonder my prayers are never answered!

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'd be so down. Memphis goons plz weigh in

I feel like Norvell has really matured this year as a HC to where we actually would play football in a bowl game. I'd be down.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Ehud posted:

Willie Taggart fired hahahaha

Ha Miami did it. Didn't even wait to get to your beat down of them.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CannonFodder posted:

i want Wake/Minnesota, but this would be a great second choice, especially since i don't think Minny is gonna be in a NY6 bowl unless they beat Penn State and Wisconsin both

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
God I’m so glad we got Cristobal and Taggart left.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ubiquitous_ posted:

yeah, its been looking like an extremely good trade so far

also semi-related, could be nothing but this is weird:

https://twitter.com/OriginalRichSC/status/1190851838729318401?s=20

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

DC Murderverse posted:

i want Wake/Minnesota, but this would be a great second choice, especially since i don't think Minny is gonna be in a NY6 bowl unless they beat Penn State and Wisconsin both

I think the only way this happens is if Minnesota loses to Penn State, but wins the rest of their games (then of course gets murdered by OSU in the championship game). Otherwise, either it's only PSU/OSU in the NY6 or Minnesota ends up in the Rose.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
IU didn't get a pity top 25 rank I am sad. this was the only week it was possible.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Ubiquitous_ posted:

A-loving-men.

Also Andy Avalos has a real thing for letting offenses do anything to Oregon before the red zone but the defense works once they get that close. When Oregon was up 42-17 the yard totals were tied.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hire Houston Nutt you cowards

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

IU didn't get a pity top 25 rank I am sad. this was the only week it was possible.

punished for letting the northwestern offense run wild and put up a three-spot

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Scarf posted:

Hire Houston Nutt you cowards

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Maxwells Demon posted:

A-loving-men.

Also Andy Avalos has a real thing for letting offenses do anything to Oregon before the red zone but the defense works once they get that close. When Oregon was up 42-17 the yard totals were tied.

Bend but don't break defense in action.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

blackmongoose posted:

I think the only way this happens is if Minnesota loses to Penn State, but wins the rest of their games (then of course gets murdered by OSU in the championship game). Otherwise, either it's only PSU/OSU in the NY6 or Minnesota ends up in the Rose.

I hate to break it to you, but if Minnesota loses to Penn State and Ohio State murders Minnesota in the championship game, Ohio State goes to the playoff, Penn State goes to the Rose Bowl, and Minnesota doesn't go to an NY6 bowl.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Komet posted:

I hate to break it to you, but if Minnesota loses to Penn State and Ohio State murders Minnesota in the championship game, Ohio State goes to the playoff, Penn State goes to the Rose Bowl, and Minnesota doesn't go to an NY6 bowl.

Depends on how the B12/P12 shake out. The ACC certainly isn't sending a 3rd team so the non-semifinal slots are 2 SEC, P12 champ, B12 champ or runner up (if Okie sneaks in to a semi), Penn State, Wake, G5 team and one more. The one more is basically between P12 runner up, Baylor/Texas, and the B10 West winner and I could see that going a lot of different ways depending on how the season finishes up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

If you're coming to Arizona, you know you're coming to a middle of the road team anyway so I'd believe personalities are serious draws rather than putting up with anything because you're getting Ws

Yeah this makes a lot of sense to me. Especially for a team like Arizona where the offense that most of these guys signed up for actively made it difficult to be a good defensive team

MourningView posted:

This is my favorite tradition just for the reaction from the Field Rush Police online who don't realize it happens after every game

It is really cool especially in a world where they literally threaten us at my school with armed police to stop field rushing.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Utah should absolutely beat Arizona but they have a weird bad history of losing in Tucson which would result in a likely USC rematch in the conference Finals. I'm not sure if the that helps or would hurt Oregon's playoff argument.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

A-loving-men.

Not disagreeing with you, but Oregon's total yards were a bit skewed by the kickoff return score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Yeah I really thought it might happen. From the voting it looks like if a couple more teams had lost they would have, but alas.