Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

a god drat idiot posted:

The best team is the one that wins all the games. The team that wins all the games should be champions. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

If we cared about finding the best team in American sports we wouldn't have playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

General Dog posted:

Well, except for that win over weird-rear end (football-wise, this season) BYU

i get :thejoke: but nah

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

USF loving sucks, they've pretty much gotten smoked by anyone with a pulse

Yes, but Temple is so weird this year. They beat Maryland and Memphis in close games, but they got smoked by Buffalo and SMU and waited until late to pull away from a not very good ECU team. So they're either going to demolish USF or struggle for some reason and win a close one.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fifty Three posted:

Yes and then they got shut out by Clemson and it was amazing

I contend that Saquon Barkley would have at least scored once.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

I contend that Saquon Barkley would have at least scored once.

One 70 yard run and then tackled in the backfield on literally every other attempt

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Imagine if Saquon Barkley had an O line

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

USF needs to fire Charlie so we can bring him home

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

One 70 yard run and then tackled in the backfield on literally every other attempt

still scored tho

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/LSUfootball/status/1192571635733123072

video department did it again

gimme a break wall imma smash it geaux fuckin tigahs

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

USF needs to fire Charlie so we can bring him home

:same:

Charlie Strong, come back to Texas and be our defensive coordinator

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The hyper your hype video is the worse it is when you lose

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My hype video is the film of tua at practice

Also his brother's high school tape just in case

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The hyper your hype video is the worse it is when you lose

dammit just let me have this feeling until Saturday at oh, let's say....3pm central

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I appreciate every time I get reminded Shaq went to LSU because it makes me remember Oliver Miller.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I like watching opponents hype videos because you get to watch the life strangled out of them the next day and boy does it feel great

u thought you were gonna win huh big guy. cute. little scamp.

thats half the reason beating A&M is so much fun 'cause they do that ALL CAPS PREVIEW HOO RAH thing thats like 1000 words of WE CAN DO IT then kellen mond goes out and gets sacked 17 times

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

still scored tho

All that matters

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
uh...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1192662679162441728

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Imagine going from Jimbo, to Taggart, to a dude with zero coaching experience. You just love to see it

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

vyst posted:

Imagine going from Jimbo, to Taggart, to a dude with zero coaching experience. You just love to see it

It's not like he doesn't have any experience building a program, what about his charter school that was closed by the state?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Sanders is going to commit every recruiting violation possible it'll be amazing

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1192795617975771138?s=21

Where’s the whistleblower?!?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mastershakeman posted:

Sanders is going to commit every recruiting violation possible it'll be amazing

Just promo videos that look like scarface deleted scenes

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dang, off the Heisman radar quicker than Kelly Bryant.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I never get why more schools just don't take the Auburn approach to these things.

NCAA: C'mon, suspend your player!
Auburn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUe-HcdEnzo

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The rumor I read is that he took money from an agent.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
deion would get bored by his third recruiting visit

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

we’re gonna get the P00N game tomorrow and it will own

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

He just posted saying he took a loan from a family friend he’s known since before his freshman year that he repaid in full last summer, gently caress the NCAA forever and ever.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 8, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He had a good chance to break the sack record, this sucks.

I'm with Spencer Hall, just play him, let the NCAA do their dumb investigation, and forfeit the games down the road if you need to. No one actually cares.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

MourningView posted:

He had a good chance to break the sack record, this sucks.

I'm with Spencer Hall, just play him, let the NCAA do their dumb investigation, and forfeit the games down the road if you need to. No one actually cares.

I’m a Buckeye fan and my first reaction was sit out the rest of the year, tell the NCAA to gently caress off and go be the #1 pick and make a boatload of money.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m a Buckeye fan and my first reaction was sit out the rest of the year, tell the NCAA to gently caress off and go be the #1 pick and make a boatload of money.

I mean I would do that if I were him even without the eligibility issue but it seems like he really wants to play.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

MourningView posted:

I mean I would do that if I were him even without the eligibility issue but it seems like he really wants to play.

It seems Ohio State is confident he will play again but now we have to wait for the NCAA to do its song and dance after the school reports its findings.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Will the NCAA do its song and dance quick enough to get him back for the Penn State game is my question. Missing Maryland and Rutgers isn't a factor in terms of winning those games, although he'll rack up a poo poo ton of sacks against those teams.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
What a load of horseshit.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Rad Valtar posted:

It seems Ohio State is confident he will play again but now we have to wait for the NCAA to do its song and dance after the school reports its findings.

Feldman or one of the more normie NCAA reporters indicated that if he can prove he paid back the loan 1-2 games is probably all it’ll take. And with the ncaa having to publicly pretend that they care about players it’s something that I wouldn’t be shocked if they take it easy on him. You don’t ruin your good PR that guys like Rovell are up by publicly being harsh on what’s likely the best player in America.

Although it’s also the ncaa so gently caress them preemptively for caring about what’s likely enough money to buy a 15 year old civic more than players at some schools literally having the living standards of the homeless.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Rad Valtar posted:

He just posted saying he took a loan from a family friend he’s known since before his freshman year that he repaid in full last summer, gently caress the NCAA forever and ever.

A family friend who also happens to be an NFLPA certified agent, hmm

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
That family friend's name?

Bagman. James Bagman.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
the sport will never recover if a top 2 pick was allowed to talk to an agent early

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Personally I'm just shocked at the idea of a top 10 team with paid athletes on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

a god drat idiot posted:

Personally I'm just shocked at the idea of a top 10 team with paid athletes on it.

Excuse me as a fan of a top 10 team I'll have you know we only do honourable recruiting