Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Oh. My. God.

YES.

I am SO in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i hope its still possible to steal a necromancer's tome and make copies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

manero

no time to play but I'll definitely be watching! :munch:

FreshCutFries

I have free time tonight and am making this post so I don't get high and play outer worlds instead of working on this

FreshCutFries

nut posted:

i haven't done anything but i htink i might be int he game i'm eating a sandwich does the game have sandwich if so im in

sandwiches are a glaring omission in the game

if they were in the game, you wouldn't get like sandwiches you expect. no cubans or reubens or whatever. it would be some procedurally generated hellwich with pickles instead of bread and a miracle whip vapor cloud surrounding it.

the sandwich menaces with toothpicks

Hihohe

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I want in on this. Hope I die like a champ and not because Urist lost his thumb years ago and I cant stopping thinking about it.

FreshCutFries

welcome to Setheredefini, The Cyclopean Dimension

this is a savage land, with countless beasts. many civilizations rose and died to the Cyclopean Mistress. but three. three have thrived.

the elves to the west

the goblins to the north

and the dwarves to the south

omg we need to meet these kiwi men.

ANYWAYS. in this dwarf society exists a group of friends. this group calls themselves...The Plank of Touching.

MEET THE PLANK OF TOUCHING

one day, after a hard day of dwarfing out or whatever the gently caress, the plank gathered at their favorite establishment, and a discussion began. the topic was the same as it always was: cuddling. specifically the lack of it in The Machine of Whirling. so they decide to hell with it. to hell with ALL of it. let's take a boat across the ocean to the massive, germany sized marshland over there, and set up a safe haven for cuddlers everywhere. all cuddlers are welcome.

Hdgfthr th Crystlln G was always my favorite brk.

they heard tales of how joyous the marsh is :)

the no doubt epic and lengthy (and in no way yakety sax-esque) tale of Cuddleboat begins

Fuubi

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I wouldn't mind being dorfed, thank you.

nut

ahhh yes a good game

death sext

my description is eerily precise...if i die in the game will i die in real life...

addendum: nice

nut

death sext posted:

addendum: nice

me peeping piso's age

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
STRIKE THE EARTH!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
just want everyone to be aware that i am the expedition leader and some of my better qualities are that i'm vulgar, weak, quite susceptible to disease, clumsy, have poor empathy, am often nervous and require alcohol to get through the day

:boom:

vanisher

River? Excellent

vanisher

My entire knowledge of how to feed dwarves is either farming or trading for food so I hope we have one of those options. If not we may be hunting the joyous creatures to survive in my year.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher posted:

My entire knowledge of how to feed dwarves is either farming or trading for food so I hope we have one of those options. If not we may be hunting the joyous creatures to survive in my year.

poets?

vanisher

I wonder if the game lets you butcher them..

Nosfereefer

can't really butcher any civilized species as dwarfs. so elf, goblin and human are off the menu

elves famously don't have these taboos

Nosfereefer

like, seriously, don't deal with elves. they are creepy, moralistic cannibals

e: but farming is ridiculously easy where we can feed like 200 dwarves with a 5x5 farm plot. provided they only eat quarry leaf biscuits tho

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 7, 2019

vanisher

Nosfereefer posted:

like, seriously, don't deal with elves. they are creepy, moralistic cannibals

e: but farming is ridiculously easy where we can feed like 200 dwarves with a 5x5 farm plot. provided they only eat quarry leaf biscuits tho

I would run a plump helmet farm. One run they brewed every last one, ate the seeds they were supposed to plant, and starved to death

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

How did you miss the sell out?

What is someone that wants to make art but doesn't care for it?

sig by owlhawk911

death sext

pixaal posted:

I dont know but they sound really hot

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

pixaal posted:

A great work of art doesn't necessarily require craftsmanship. (Insert modern art joke here.)

FreshCutFries

pixaal posted:

a narcissist :p

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Facebook Aunt posted:

A great work of art doesn't necessarily require craftsmanship. (Insert modern art joke here.)

Sort of a liminal state at the intersection of modern and post-modern, but yes, that is a factual interpretation.

Also, lol 69 years old

FreshCutFries

alright, we're in the middle of a marsh and ate most of our supplies on the way here. things need to be done before we can start relaxing. Who What Now starts cutting down trees in our area to clear it out and you know, wood is always nice. Twenty Four is an accomplished fisherman and begins to build up our food stocks with fish from the nearby brk.

also, you know what, we've lived in mountains our entire lives. i want to see the sky! the sun! it was so novel on the way here. we shouldn't even mine at all here!

suddenly i am of a different mind. luvcow and piso have begun digging down for a stone layer

luckily, they only had to go down a few levels and dug out some space for bedrooms

and we'll need some space for workshops to actually put things in those rooms. we'll put this a couple floors up. i imagine kneeling on clay while crafting would be better than stone.

let's check on how Who What Now is doing with those trees. we good on wood?

we're good on wood.

our carpenter and mason, death sext and Stoner Slot respectively, start to work on beds and doors, and death sext's first bed, ever, is a masterpiece!

here's the workshop area in action. i've designated a bigger area to be dug out to move the stockpiles to here.

and here's our bedrooms after they've been furnished. i'm going to occasionally put a stonesense screenshot to help anyone having trouble with visualizing the df visuals. please let me know if i can help anyone out with reading these.

also, i noticed, that we have whip vines growing around! what are whip vines? let's see what the experts over at the dwarf fortress wiki have to say:

fascinating

in addition, whip vines make the most expensive flour in the game, which will make dwarfs crazy happy when they eat it. not cook with it. the stuff is too valuable. you can't truly appreciate it unless you're just scooping big handfuls in your mouth.

anyways, nut is just sitting on her butt, so she makes a career shift to get some whip vine seeds

after spending some time with nut gathering, and death sext and Stoner Sloth furnishing the bedrooms more, i had nut build a farm plot for the first step in our flour industry

and surprise!

that's it for spring.

corgski

Silly goose, you're here forever.

this is amazing

thank 2 blaise rascal for a cozy sig

Nosfereefer

ooooh! we have native gold

i suggest that we just make rock crafts out of them. saves us a bunch of forge time and fuel, and there's probably loads of the stuff further down

also lol @

nut

keeping :weedass: of yob alive

death sext

wow I created a great work of art right out the gate. Look at that bed.

no you can't sleep in it its just for looking at

pixaal

Get someone smoothing the walls so they can master carving the walls of the Great Hall. Then we can grabs some descriptions of the wall graffiti.

Also need some stuff with menacing spikes of chalk.

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

death sext posted:

Who got the bed anyway?

sig by owlhawk911

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
moist sweaty dwarfs playing in the summer bogs and marshes

vanisher

death sext posted:

A comfy bed behind velvet ropes

vanisher

Loving the 3d model, I'll have to figure out how to do that

Twenty Four

I like my dwarf's somewhat contradictory traits. I know almost nothing about dwarf fortress but I heard it is fun and I am enjoying reading so far!

Also cool with doing some fishing, as since my dwarf "needs alcohol to get through the day" drinking and fishing is a good combo. Also nice on getting a corner room!

The map of our base mostly makes sense to me but the outside view of the land is a bit daunting with my lack of knowledge of this game.

FreshCutFries

pixaal posted:

Who got the bed anyway?

Who What Now is the lucky dwarf with a "Decent Bedroom" instead of a boring old "Bedroom"

death sext posted:

vanisher posted:

A comfy bed behind velvet ropes

but i really want to use our empty eighth room for this purpose now lol

FreshCutFries

vanisher posted:

Loving the 3d model, I'll have to figure out how to do that

are you aware of dfhack? because you just need to type stonesense in the dfhack console.

FreshCutFries

Twenty Four posted:

The map of our base mostly makes sense to me but the outside view of the land is a bit daunting with my lack of knowledge of this game.

i think the most important thing when first learning dwarf fortress is to not let yourself get bogged down in details. there's a whole lot of information going on in the outside view, but like 3/4 of it can be condensed to "random plant life."

here's a comparison shot with stonesense:

the not-plantlife bits are basically anything not colored green, blue, or green/blue adjacent. all the logs should be clear, but here's a brief overview of the rest:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
thats actually super helpful, thank you

is there anyway we can befriend that cat or is it just a stray we cant interact with?

can we eat the cat? (i don't want to eat the cat btw i was just wondering, asking for a friend.)