Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
the last thread was amazing to watch so i can't thank you enough for starting this one. loved when mr. willsauce inadvertently destroyed everything (please come back willsauce...)

:f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Piso Mojado posted:

quite literally the proudest moment of my posting life is me defeating the dragon with a loving hammer

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801661&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

thanks for the link. just reading that page alone got me excited for a new thread.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

the best parts of the last thread was people loving up badly

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
just want everyone to be aware that i am the expedition leader and some of my better qualities are that i'm vulgar, weak, quite susceptible to disease, clumsy, have poor empathy, am often nervous and require alcohol to get through the day

:boom:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher posted:

My entire knowledge of how to feed dwarves is either farming or trading for food so I hope we have one of those options. If not we may be hunting the joyous creatures to survive in my year.

poets?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
moist sweaty dwarfs playing in the summer bogs and marshes

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
thats actually super helpful, thank you

is there anyway we can befriend that cat or is it just a stray we cant interact with?

can we eat the cat? (i don't want to eat the cat btw i was just wondering, asking for a friend.)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

pixaal posted:

You just jinxed that cat into become the fixation of an artifact. That is going to become a cat bone bed now.... poor kitty.

If you aren't familiar sometimes dwarfs enter a state where they MUST gather a bunch of materials, some may be best thought of as evil (pets, other dwarfs, etc) if they fail to gather them after a year or so they go insane and murder the fort. If they do success they make a priceless artifact! And the resultant item is often of a material that is not normally legal for that item. So you can't tell a dwarf to make a cat bone bed, but one can decide it's going to get made and mutilate the cat. Of course if you catch it in time you can wall the dwarf off and have them starve to death instead.

:stare:

every time someone does one of these threads i learn more crazy poo poo about this game

i definitely agree with:

FreshCutFries posted:

that said, nobody harm the fort animals, please

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
is that masterwork chair going to be safely placed in the locked room with the bed?

and also:

Twenty Four posted:

It might seem simple, but seeing a little dwarf with my name running around doing stuff makes me happy.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:doit:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
this is amazing thank you

i feel like my dwarf expedition leader is lacking in leader skills so i hope luvcow dwarf doesn't gently caress this all up

:pray:

but i know luvcow dwarf will

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FreshCutFries posted:

luvcow is also a very good consoler, and I've already noticed a few dwarfs thinking that they felt better after talking to him.

lets drink some alcohol because i require it to make it through the day

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

gonna fire this baby up tomorrow!

:woop:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

wtf!????

also welcome immigrants, we are still accepting of you and not planning on building a wall and making the dingo men pay for it... yet

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
these threads are always amazing

thank you fresh cut fries and nosfereefer for your work and vivid narrative, this is the best thread right now

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

like, i don't even know why the dogs in our current fortress are surviving. are we feeding them? do they help themselves to our food stockpiles? do they even need food? :iiam:

I thought they were slowly eating the dingo men and women

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
first of all happy thanksgiving to my fellow dwarves

:neckbeard:

secondly: has anyone played this game enough "years" to have the little dwarf babies grow up to be viable dwarf adults/workers etc. or are the babies just a drain on our resources? not saying we should eat the babies but is it possible to eat the babies? do the dwarves get sad if another dwarf eats their baby?

:ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i like that the dwarf baby likes to consume cherry wine

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
it looks like mrs. dwarf paps drank straight through her pregnancy

also: who is getting all these dwarves pregnant?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

so now all animals are "available"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'm starting to think that maybe we should make a goblet, cup or mug

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FreshCutFries posted:

the year's...kind of gone on for quite a while now. i'd say finish it up whenever you're able. i can always do a repeat year until someone else comes along.

:pray:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
thread is alive again!

:woop:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

and now, we wait for the poets :evilbuddy:

:ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

so... do we have any goblets yet?

:cripes:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

thank you for your sacrifice

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

pm me if i messed up the upload somehow, i was not in the most lucid headspace that day

thank you for your service

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FreshCutFries posted:

sorry y'all :(

if someone else wants to take up the year go ahead. i will return

as an observer i'd say no worries, dwarves live a long life

also merry christmas :)