Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

pixaal posted:

How did you miss the sell out?

What is someone that wants to make art but doesn't care for it?

A great work of art doesn't necessarily require craftsmanship. (Insert modern art joke here.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now posted:

As befitting of my vital role of "ax holder".

So do you use quantum stockpiles to get rid of trash or do you do it the legit way?

Also if you have cats at some point it's almost necessary to start a kitten harvesting industry just to keep your computer from combusting.

You can just neuter the cats to prevent explosions.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now posted:

You can neuter cats? When was that added?

You've been able to castrate male animals for a while at the butcher shop. Not females tho, so if a tomcat shows up with an immigrant and you don't notice you can still get surprise kittens.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

google THIS posted:

Kinda picturing the cook as obsessed with cooking the mushrooms and constantly looking for loopholes in all the rules imposed upon him.

Cooks are jerks who will happily destroy civilization through cooking. They will cook all your mushrooms. They will cook all your seeds. They will even cook all the booze.

The the Status (z) screen, Kitchen submenu you can tell them not to cook mushrooms, seeds, or booze -- but you know they still want to. Jerks.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

google THIS posted:

So, mechanics question, is food spoilage not a thing or is it mercifully lenient or do dwarven digestive systems just not give a gently caress? I skimmed the last thread and it seems like the game carefully calculates the secretions of a dwarf's salivary glands as he pries the lid off a barrel of raw uncleaned seafood that's been sitting in a damp cave for six months.

It's, uh, complicated.

* Food left on the ground will rot. I've lost meals this way when I didn't notice meals piling up in the kitchen not being taken to a stockpile.

*Food left on the ground but in a stockpile will not decay. However, vermin like rats running around will cause food to become damaged, losing value and eventually disappear. Cats and falcons can kill vermin, keeping your stockpiles safe. But then you have dead vermin to deal with.

*Food/drinks in a barrel, bucket or other container lasts forever, so barrels are a pro move.
Note: liquids such as milk will freeze if left in freezing temperatures, making them inaccessible until thawed.

But, yes, a barrel of raw fish stays good forever. :iit:

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Nosfereefer posted:

like, i don't even know why the dogs in our current fortress are surviving. are we feeding them? do they help themselves to our food stockpiles? do they even need food? :iiam:

Carnivorous animals still don't need food, only grazers. I guess they can harvest all the scraps they need by licking dwarven beards.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Heather Papps posted:

To Be Dwarfed:
Korean Boomhauer
"mojangles"
FreshCutFries
vanisher
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
super mario batali
Dungeon Ecology

any requests? there is a surplus of dwarfs currently, otherwise imma just name cool dwarfs after posters

hi I don't post here much (mostly only that time GBS got shut down) but i like kittens and purple so maybe I'm byobish enough to be a dwarf?

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

I'm a baby who falls in love easily. If a sexy werewolf shows up I'm outta here.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Heather Papps posted:

also, i switched over medical dwarf because it was overwhelming the other one, and then this happened

Friendly tip: these messages are often a sign that someone is trapped and unable to reach food and drink. It could be a locked door or a ramp that isn't working right. Sometimes a dwarf will get scared and climb a tree or a wall and then not be able or willing to climb back down without help.

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Heather Papps posted:

i found him, he's just bummed. i guess being the diagnoser causes burnout cause i've already swapped the role once due to stress. he was in his room just being a sadboi. he eventually got up and ate, i just need to pick a new dwarf who is maybe specifically suited to the role to be diagnosedwarf

:smith:

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

also once you breach the caverns moss and stuff will start growing on any soil/clay/sand layers of the fort and then you can set up pastures inside to protect all your animal pals

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Angry Diplomat posted:

can't you make shell crafts at the workshop? commission a jillion tiny mussel shell figurines and foist em off on the caravans

yeah you can make helmets, greaves and gauntlets too. they aren't very good, but they can let your soldiers work on their armor skill when you don't have any metal. bad against goblins but okay against elves

or you can do like a caveman gimmick and have all your armor made out of shells and bones and leather

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

rip that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt

wiggle wiggle

Hihohe posted:

1st of Limestone

As i started adding furniture to the new bedrooms i realized we dont have many beds.

Have you tried looking in the dining hall/tavern? I heard there might be some there.

Just a rumor.