Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I want in on this. Hope I die like a champ and not because Urist lost his thumb years ago and I cant stopping thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe

Yeah it's really amazing how you kinda channel the matrix in "you see 0s and Cs, but I see tree trunks and cats" after awhile.

Hihohe

Mark my words, I will taste Kentucky Fried Cat by the end of this fort.

Hihohe

we have too many fishery workers. Let me be a head cuddler or an engraver or anything other than working with fish. its undwarf-like.

Hihohe

yeah in game a fishery worker auto prepares fish at the fishery building. For some reason you always get a lot in DF

Hihohe

super mario batali posted:

Ok I generated a world, now what do I do?

Yeah just pick a spot to die in. if you got more questions take them to this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616403&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

And i know that i wouldnt have learned this game without the wiki
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/

Hihohe

Goblets are for assholes

-this message is brought to you by the mug lovers crew

Hihohe

Yeah otherwise dwarfs just stick their head in the barrel and inhale the alcohol they need.

Getting the beard all messy:smith:

Hihohe

I volunteer for the Militia. Anything but the stink of fish.

Hihohe

Alright Dwarves! We have no weapons, armor, or proper barracks but ill whip you into fighting shape. Nevermind that i havnt even seen a warhammer or that i just learned what "dodging" was this morning. Im sure well excell at it, Especially with me in charge.

Hihohe

google THIS posted:

This sounds like foreshadowing to me.

It always is

Hihohe

I propose everyone get their own minibar

Hihohe

Heather Papps posted:

i think this means the year is over and i don't know what to do with the traders what do i do?

The year is over when you see "Spring has arrived!"at the bottom. The traders bum around at the trade depot for awhile.

Hihohe

Turn rabbits into meat and leather

Hihohe

If he doesn't I'm willing to take over. Be warned, I'm a cruel and vain overseer.

Hihohe

You better...:toughguy:

Hihohe

If I become overseer I will make an above ground Gulag where you farm potatoes and break rocks into blocks.

Dwarfs who refuse to make bucklers will be thrown in the gulag. Dwarfs who export said bucklers will be thrown in the gulag. That one guy who slurps when he drinks his ale will be thrown in the gulag. I dont particularly like that one dwarfs face so she will go to the gulag.

Hihohe

Yeah if none of you pick this up I'm gonna on Sunday

Hihohe

God dammit...
wheres the most recent loving save...

Hihohe

Prepare yourself dwarven goons.

Hihohe

Alright. 4th of Granite, Year 553. Hihohe here as overseer in Cuddleboat.

You ever stop and look at the place you live and wonder," what the gently caress?"

we need a proper tavern. This is just a bunch of tables. Im making some dance halls and designating the place as a tavern

Hihohe

Using some of our copper to make some picks. Gonna get some of these layabouts some work with them. BEER IS FOR THOSE WHO BENEFIT THE FORT.

These other fuckers never gave us weapons. What are we supposed to do when the goblins come? Slap them?

No. were making some proper dwarven gear.

Helll yeaaaaah

Ushat made an earring.

Its pretty cool

We also need a really big place to put food. A larder for you lard asses.

Anyway I did some things this month and Im pretty confident in the choices i made. Im gonna rename 5 dwarfs this month so if you havent been dwarfed speak up.

Hihohe

I'll do more DF after work tomorrow. Lemme know what your preference of dwarf is. We got lots of farmers that need naming...:downs:

Hihohe

3rd of Slate

Some Dwarves have Introduced themselves to me

Thats it , Im making some mugs! Everyone keeps complaining about how its disgusting when Stanky Urist dumps his poo poo covered beard into the ale when he drinks from it. Frankly, I agree with them.

But just this amount and we share them.

Just in case someone gets injured i decided to make a medical area

So far though im just sitting back relaxing and watching dwarfs go about their day. We have some dwarfs telling stories in the Tavern. Some kids are playing. Life is good.

RIVETING

Hihohe

Gonna add more dwarfs so say "dwarf me" if you want in. Also say if you have a preference of job.

Hihohe

Should put more by tomorrow. I was partying hard for new years and by hard I mean getting drunk in my underwear, alone, for all day.

Hihohe

Well my game crashed after I did a lot of stuff so I'm a little miffed I'll start over tomorrow from where I saved.

Hihohe

22nd of Slate

Another introduction to a dwarf

I dont like all the workshops being scattered around. Im going to dissassemble some and make a place for the to go in the lower levels.

All the food based workshops should go near the food stockpile. Kitchens Fisherys Butchershops. Its just more organized this way

Ive also assigned Tradjik to be the Tavern Keeper. THat dwarf know how to serve a nice beer.

Welp Thob finally was found dead. They said he was so depressed that he wouldnt even drink beer. So sad.

That reminds me. I dont think we have a place for the Dead to rest. Im designating this place as a small public crypt. Dwarfs should rest within the earth.

I get the feeling we are gonna need these in the future. A lot of them.

Hihohe

There are numerous guys who look like they are sadding themselves to death.

Hihohe

Nah just the newer depression slump that still hasnt been patch out. Dwarfs will keep remembering one bad thing that they saw and it will cycle over and over till they drop.

Hihohe

Will do another month or 2 in game probably tonight. Get your Dwarf mes in right now.

Hihohe

I said i was gonna do some DF today but I did an APOC game in warhammer and now im mentally exhausted so ill do it tomorrow sorry for the wait

Fuubi posted:

Could I get a look into what my dwarf's up to?

Yeah sure

Hihohe

It's strange, there are a lot of little things to take note of that, in a normal df game, you'd pass up. Dwarf has a baby, ho hum. But a named goon dwarf would want to know that so you have to put that in the post.

Hihohe

1st of Hematite

Fuubi, it seems you are stressed. Looks like because you want to be creative so im assigning you as a Engraver and put some murals designations around the fort. Hopefully this fixes it because i fear you'll go into Sad town.

This guy was elected Mayor.

This fucker right here

Throwing a tantrum all over the place. He tore down a statue and got in a fight with one of our craftsdwarfs.

Heather Papps had a baby!

Hes uhh... something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3hOd7u35no

Looks like were gonna have a fight on our hands.

Hihohe

Yeah, sorry guys, it was RPG night so i didnt get around do dwurf. Ill do it tommorow, promise.

Hihohe

5th of Malachite

I gather my squad of valiant dwarfs. The Gifts of Glaze. Well show that cyclops what Cuddleboat dwarfs are made of.

We meet in the woods north of the Fort entrance.

And we finally see this one eyed terror.

Aspsa. This hideous monster should be a worthy opponent.

We crash into the Cyclops, assaulting her with our shields and our mighty dwarven fists.

The Cyclops attempt to hit our dwarfs but we are too fast. We deftly dodge every attack it swings at us.

(this is just one page.)

I may have gotten carried away and I loving bite her face. (I renamed my profession "fight dwarf")

Finally the Cyclops passes out from the barrage.

Now its just us kicking the downed cyclops.

Likot Olonkegeth Finally reels back and jams their shield right in the cyclops skull. This battle is over.

Hmmph. Barely a challenge for my crew. None of us got so much a scratch.

Hihohe

I could post the fight logs if you guys want but there's not much there.I dont think the cyclops hit once. It's just the dwarves using it as a punching bag until it finally passed out from exhaustion and the the dwarfs just coup de graced it.

Hihohe

Dammit. Im moving computers so im gonna have to grab DF from the other one and move it to here. so give me time and ill continue.

Hihohe

I got it. Ill work on some dwarfing tonight or tommorow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe

Probably goblins. I haven't looked at the other civs