Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
you can also assign a clumsy, feeble, cowardly dwarf to be the hammerer, in which case they'll usually just feebly flail at the offending party before dutifully informing the bourgeoisie that justice has been done. incompetence as praxis

also I would like to be a dwarf if you've got dorfs to spare

e: one time my husband made a dwarf with a crippled knee into his hammerer. dude spent like a year slowly crutch-walking after people trying to hit them. eventually he caught some poor sap in his bed and absolutely pummeled the snot out of him. we checked his inventory and he wasn't even carrying a weapon so we think maybe he just clobbered the poor fella with his crutches

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat

you can safely ignore the trade interface. or if there's something you really want the traders to bring next time, you can raise the associated slider; they'll bring more of that thing on their next visit but it'll cost extra to buy off them. if you really want to make the byob dorfs (byorfs) happy you could order a bunch of like platinum goblets and gemstone mugs and poo poo. alternatively you could request a hundred barrels of like giant fly ichor or something idk

make sure to go to the trade depot and set it so that a trader is requested. also go into the depot interface and mark anything you want to trade so the byorfs haul it up to the flea market. you still have to manually go into the depot and haggle a deal but the interface for that isn't actually all that bad by df standards so you can probably figure it out

Angry Diplomat

how's your fps doing??

Angry Diplomat

oh no did I get overlooked? :iit:

Angry Diplomat

Heather Papps posted:

for a minute, yes.

wow I'm really fuckin good at crafting stones

Angry Diplomat

barrels are just goblets for those with a proper dwarven thirst

Angry Diplomat

can't you make shell crafts at the workshop? commission a jillion tiny mussel shell figurines and foist em off on the caravans

Angry Diplomat

that still drags your fps down!! if you make them into trade goods you can donate them to the next caravan to remove them from your map. trader wagons are like the garbage trucks of dwarf fortress

Angry Diplomat

"lets do large-scale fluid physics to reduce clutter and maintain good fps" is a terrible idea and I fully endorse it

Angry Diplomat

growing potatoes and extracting rocks to turn into blocks? that's just farming, mining, and masonry. those are all good, honest, dwarven labours. you're not building a gulag, you're building an ordinary burrow

Angry Diplomat

Twenty Four posted:

i hope my dorf did a thing

last she got a little crazy and possessed and made herself a water buffalo bone pike i think?

i have no idea what that does or if it means anything

pikes are very very strong melee weapons! this means absolutely nothing to us as humans are the only ones burly enough to use them lmao

could probably make a horrifying weapon trap out of it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat

FreshCutFries posted:

dwarf fortress: cool we're wrestling a cyclops now