Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Liking this thread, but that last pic stresses me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I realize I'm really late on this but that broken jack stand is extremely uncool

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

There may have been other cases but I remember when JEGS had to pay $1.7 million for shipping aftermarket parts to CA.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I mean, we all know most are going on street cars, but loving prove it? There is tons of legitimate racing and they seem to be cock blocked. I had a hard time getting a small copper metal gasket because it was a universal race part.

Yeah the whole thing is ridiculous. I live in LA so I really do appreciate the cleaner air, but CARB is out of control. I feel like the rule should be if you can run a part and still pass a sniffer test, you're good to go. Some guy with a non-approved cold air intake isn't causing the pollution.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

On a bike it's VERY easy to tell which cars need to be taken off the road immediately. I forget the statistics but as you said one bad car can spew many, many times the pollutants of your average passenger car. However, if it's legal to use non-CARB approved parts on a car that's only driven on non-public roads like a racetrack, I don't think it should be on out of state companies to verify that the buyer has an actual race car. We have random sniffing stations the CHP sets up, if your car is non-compliant due to aftermarket parts then you can fine the buyer who broke the law (ignoring the regressive feature of those random tests because amazingly enough I never see them in well off neighborhoods).

The problems with being near ports and airports have long been known, but unless you've had a drastic increase in traffic it's a case of coming to a nuisance, like when people buy homes next to Laguna Seca then complain about the noise. The past two houses I've rented have been RIGHT next to the freeway, which isn't ideal for various health reasons, but I was aware of that when I rented them. It's good they're working on things to lower emissions like making diesel generators for refrigerated cargo unnecessary due to port electrical hookups, but until emission-free semis are viable there's no way to avoid higher emissions around ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Serious WTF on that firmware issue