Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Boiling your fuel is an issue on return systems, especially when you're trying to prevent lean conditions on a turbo rotary.

Like many ideas Mazda had, good in theory.

Rock on fellow RADL member and if you need any JDM parts that have already made it to Canada and want to take advantage of the exchange rate, I can ship you anything you find up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Yeah, roll the firmware back to verify.

I wonder if the lead and trailing ignition in the firmware got flipped. Either tables or I/O assignment.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Gonna try that next!

I hope 1) It was a firmware bug and 2) did no permanent engine damage. Ignition issues terrify me on Doritos.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Don't trust any of the stock wiring even though most of it isn't.

gently caress. Is the engine ok? :ohdear: At least there are quite a few engine wiring harness solutions available now. Or are you thinking fuel pump wiring?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Getting a quote for a 6766 (what i have) BB CHRA. Wish me luck.

The CHRA is the single most expensive individual component of a turbocharger, isn't it?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Thanks. I don't have any background in programming.
Just guidance with where I work, but I've hit a hard growth wall and have been looking elsewhere, out of the industry, but trying to convince hiring managers that motorsports stuff can translate over to things like PLCs or automation is like, impossible.

Did you want all of my course books on PLC's? I probably have all of my VM's with all of the various software still as well.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Yay! :neckbeard:

More braps for everyone! Is the plan to use the best components from each engine?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Lead solder? That's what I used to fill rust (pin) holes in a FC3S 14 years ago.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Do I need these expensive kits or is it a get some rods and melt them down kind of thing?

I just used a gigantic tub of flux, a plumbers handheld oxy torch and Home Depot paint stir sticks. The lead I did order from Eastwood but I certainly didn't use a kit.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

That paint looks absolutely amazing. It's crazy how well such a subtle colour works with the lines of the FD.