Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I've got far too many questions.

1) That stock harness still looks usable, save it for me! lol
2) Other than Mouser and Digi, what's your preferred source to bulk order OEM plugs like that?
3) Will anyone but you ever be able to work on this car once your done? :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I hear you on the cat - I'm getting old and cranky, smelling like gas and walking into a hospital just does not work. I want to put a 3" GESi high flow in my White 94. I'm always willing to kick something down to ya if needed.

*Edit: Looks like GESi/Vibrant are no longer partners and GESi has a new brand called g-sport. Now to decide if I want their HO or UHO series.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 26, 2020

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
As a fellow rotary idiot, why ECUtron? VS let's say the Haltech or Adaptronic?
I'm torn right now on what to run the 3 rotor off - and Andy @Haltech suggested I look at his latest project - the Nexus.
It's appealing due to the PDM and new software - but it's also a first gen product. Elliot over at TurboSource would
love for me to run a M6000 and I've had really good success on the M2000 platform. It's hard to decide and the risk
is real when you're looking at a $20k engine build.

Also, want to make a trip to Oregon and help wire a 20b? Haha.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Came for update: I would agree - adjustable timing lights do not work. Take a degree wheel and mark the pulley at -5* with bright paint. Adjust as needed to get the mark to show.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I had an adaptronic firmware update brick my buddies car- it screwed the timing for the FFE hall sensor kit he had installed and would not even start.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Oh man, at least adaptronic fixed it in the next scheduled update cycle (30 days or less?). I'm overall happy with the stock wiring, for stock things. I would just PDM the car at your point.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Happy New Year!

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I've got you covered. Shoot me a PM.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Perfect time for a 20B.

This is the best answer.
*Cries into my pile of 20B parts that have sat for 5 years*

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Maybe I’m opening a can of worms but why are they so difficult? My ten year plan includes an FD with a 20B. How bad is it?

Give me a bit and I will update my spreadsheet showing the costs. Since tracking my own build, 20b prices have gone from $3500 to $5500 and now I’m seeing $8-10k for just the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Bump for any updates!