Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
What RPM are you targeting for full boost? You 500hp setup was something wildly unusable above 5k, right?

I’m getting old and full boost above 3k just makes me angry. I couldn’t stand the STI at altitude because it wouldn’t make power until 3500 (and the power it did make sucked).

Since you’re going full custom, could you do two sequential turbos with bigger and more modern turbos than what it came with? Turbos have come a long way in 25 years and having one turbo come on at 2500 and another at 4500 would be smooooth.

If we lived closer and I had an extra garage space I would involuntarily sign you up to help me with a 20B FD.

Your wiring game is strong. I’m still amazed how flawless your work was on the standalone EFI X2 we installed on the Elise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Oh snap I just got the 61” Husky version with soft close drawers a couple weeks ago. They’re super nice.

I liked the old man part where you couldn’t figure out how to flip the video.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I hope to have some proper content soon. Been working on the work space instead. But if you guys have the same problem I do, you may like what I found.
I hate the fact that when I open my garage door my lighting gets covered by it. There is a kit to remedy the problem:

https://i.imgur.com/kG1qXpb.mp4

Tell us about this kit. I’m intrigued.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Yeah, wait till the kid is about 7 or so, then maybe.

Why wait?

:)

Good content by the way. I'm getting that Aeka experience without having to make a 4 hour drive or get on a plane.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Galaxy brain combination right there. What’s the calorie count?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

kill me...

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

When you get your car smogged, does the tech just start laughing?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Aeka 2.0 posted:

There is a fellow rotary goon and close friend here that lives out of state and I've been thinking about having him forward ship something if he's down for it.

You rang? :v:

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I just wanted some cheese-its

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Perfect time for a 20B.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Maybe I’m opening a can of worms but why are they so difficult? My ten year plan includes an FD with a 20B. How bad is it?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Hey I found my old car!

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I think there are many! I visited Aeka for the first time in a while a couple weeks back and I completely forgot to check out my old car. He has made progress though.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Looking forward to seeing the color. Are you painting the engine bay as well? And what type of port are you going with on this engine?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Krakkles posted:

Wallet Buster, in case anyone else didn't work it out

If it makes you feel any better that had to be explained to me. And I see this car at least once a year.

Very cool color Aeka. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Haha exactly, I brought that up in my text thread with Aeka.