Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Seeing the huge jumble of wires cracks me up everytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

It sounds like you could do what you need with mosfets or less than two relays anyway. When you say ground trigger, you mean the line is pulled up with a resistor (likely inside whatever is receiving the signal) and then device needs to pull that to ground? Could you make a little sketch of the connections?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Idea 1: Could you modify the relay box to have that relay not be tied in with the other seven? I accidentally ran into littelfuse's fuse/relay box website the other day and they looked like they were configurable on the back. Or maybe you can just clip it and rewire it. If it's on the back no-one will see.

Idea 2: Could you isolate that one pin of the socket and run a wire to the pin directly? You might be able to put something in between the box and relay (like another socket? I'm not sure what/if anything is actually available), and bend a pin 90 degrees so it doesn't connect below buy you can connect to the side. I've done that with DIP ICs- and IC sockets. That doesn't feel like a super rugged approach though.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

That wiring diagram is almost worse than the rats nest of real wires. Somehow cars have the most ridiculously hard to follow schematics. How can you make a car's wiring harder to understand than a computer motherboard?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I did not expect the layer reveal. Pro fix job :black101:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004