Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

kalel posted:

cabbage is good. admitting this makes me feel like an elderly

It's good for your pooper!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kalel posted:

cabbage is good. admitting this makes me feel like an elderly

I eat sauerkraut almost every day, its delicious

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

:hmmyes:

about to go pick up my feast

truly hope it's as wonderful as you are expecting.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

every bell item could use a pile of crunchy cabbage imo. gimme crunchy vegetables

:wrong:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This lead me down a rabbit hole of trying to figure out at bulk pricing if it cost Taco Bell more to put cabbage in something as opposed to lettuce and they actually (at least for the public) have the same price per pound in bulk. Idk myabe it's different for T bell though.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

big nipples big life posted:

truly hope it's as wonderful as you are expecting.

It was thank you :yum:

Cantina chicken is p drat good

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

what's the next promotion item after the chicken?

is it baja blast gelato time?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

probably fries again

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Grand Fromage posted:

every bell item could use a pile of crunchy cabbage imo. gimme crunchy vegetables

tempura needs to go back to the fast food class back when it was first introduced instead of the overpriced appetizers it is now

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm a glutton both for punishment and in the conventional sense so I went back to TB today and got another cantina chicken taco thing. Kinda same deal as last time; flat like a pancake, impossibly greasy, falls apart as I eat it. It tastes pretty good honestly but I'd like it a whole lot more if it was just a normal cantina taco not slathered in greasy cheese.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I wish I could get that shell with just a regular taco supreme

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Captain Toasted posted:

I’m glad they give you a new sauce packet, used ones would be gross

I'm not an avocado lover, but I've started checking the new 25 cent sauce packets into the back of the fridge.

I can only assume these will skyrocket in every value sooner that later. Retirement scheme.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Moey posted:

I'm not an avocado lover, but I've started checking the new 25 cent sauce packets into the back of the fridge.

I can only assume these will skyrocket in every value sooner that later. Retirement scheme.

They cost $.25 at your taco bell? They're free at mine. The real shocker was that the local McDonald's let's you order free condiments on the app. Want 3 Sweet n Sour sauces and you didn't even order any nuggets? No problem.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

you have avocado packs?

mine gives it to me in the same cups they put the cheese sauce in

----------------

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The cantina products all come with 1 (one) packet of avocado verde sauce, they are not like the normal free sauce packets and it costs extra to add more to your order.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

The cantina products all come with 1 (one) packet of avocado verde sauce, they are not like the normal free sauce packets and it costs extra to add more to your order.

Yeah, same here, but my closest taco bell has always been bullshit

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i couldnt imagine a world where if you asked for an extra packet of anything from taco bell they'd want to charge you

the stoned dude working the window would probably give you two cupped handfuls of avocado if you asked

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

AvesPKS posted:

They cost $.25 at your taco bell? They're free at mine. The real shocker was that the local McDonald's let's you order free condiments on the app. Want 3 Sweet n Sour sauces and you didn't even order any nuggets? No problem.

Lol I think my McDonald's charges 45 or 50 cents for each little cup.

The new Verde avocado packets at 25 cents at tbell here. 1 free per cantina item.

I haven't been to tbell since I tried the cantina taco when it was a promo. I only go there for promos now it's 10 bucks for a combo meal. gently caress that.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GateOfD posted:

what's the next promotion item after the chicken?

is it baja blast gelato time?

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

probably fries again

yep its fries

the big cheez-it should be after that tho unless they cancel it again

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
bring back buffalo chicken fries goddammit.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

DoorDash deal tonight... order $20, get $4 off. :2bong:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried the Taco John's pizza today. Surprisingly good! $10, and it's two meals. The crust reminds me of a gordita texture. Chewy, tastes good. Lots of meat and cheese n stuffs. Put some hot sauce on there and you're golden. Thumbs up. Now they have two things that are worth ordering on the menu! (The other being Super Potato Oles)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

DoorDash deal tonight... order $20, get $4 off. :2bong:

Knowing delivery apps it somehow costs more by the time you're done.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

$26 for cantina soggy taco, cantina quesadilla, chicken chipotle burrito, 2x cheesy bean and rice (switch the beans to black beans), 2 piece cinnabons, and an extra green sauce packet (which we did not receive :argh:) placed on my doorstep without hearing a sound from the driver. not too bad all things considered, it was a lot of food.

i used to say 'do not knock' in the instructions but people would still knock all the time until i changed it to "do not knock, baby sleeping" and now no one knocks or rings the bell. it scares my cat, she's the baby.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

muscles like this! posted:

but ur to stoned to know it. thats how they get u

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tel you bitch rear end cat to harden up

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

my trick for delivery apps is I often get "40% off order of $25 or more" offers and I combine that with the unique store offers like "buy one big mac, get one free"

so after saving like 60% of the full price of the app. order, I break even on regular in-store prices.

----------------

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Apparently today you can order 3 tacos for $5. That is a pretty good deal.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
The app is telling me there's a Secret Aardvark drop at 2pm PST today for 300 fire tier peeps.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I don't know what kind of internet magic you'd need to be one of the first 300 people to get that, but its probably not even worth trying.

Anderson Koopa posted:

Yeah, considering if I'd ordered 2 doritos locos tacos and a cantina chicken taco on their own it'd be 9.50, it does seem like okay value

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Anderson Koopa posted:

It was only several years ago that the 3 regular tacos and a drink meal was 4 dollars or less here. I think they were even taco supremes.

3 tacos for $5, add another $3 or whatever craziness they charge for a drink now (which they are probably banking on a fair amount of the time), and you're back up to $8+ for a smaller portion basic as they come "combo meal" again.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, considering if I'd ordered 2 doritos locos tacos and a cantina chicken taco on their own it'd be 9.50, it does seem like okay value

I mean yeah, maybe it seems okay in comparison, but I still don't view it as a good deal. You would at least be getting better items with what you posted, though it's still too much imo.

I did check their site real quick after I typed the above out, and it looks like there is a $5 "Taco Discovery Box" right now with a Doritos locos taco, cantina chicken taco, regular taco, and a medium drink for $5 which is probably the best bang for your buck I'm seeing so far without really looking.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That's the deal they're talking about

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
You can also swap the regular taco for a supreme or another Locos for no extra charge, pretty slick deal I gotta say. Gave me my first taste of the cantina taco and I'm into it; might be tweaking my Tuesday lunch plans going forward.

----------------

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

AvesPKS posted:

The app is telling me there's a Secret Aardvark drop at 2pm PST today for 300 fire tier peeps.

What is a Secret Aardvark? Google is saying something about hot sauce?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Probably a bottle of their hot sauce and some Taco Bell merch.

I think they're planning to offer secret aardvark sauce on the menu sometime soon for a limited time deal.

Maybe when the fries come back? I don't remember

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Anderson Koopa posted:

hot sauce company; next taco bell fries come with a "serrabanero ranch" apparently

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wendigee posted:

Probably a bottle of their hot sauce and some Taco Bell merch.

I think they're planning to offer secret aardvark sauce on the menu sometime soon for a limited time deal.

Maybe when the fries come back? I don't remember

Yeah I think I saw something about that being the next thing.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Wendigee posted:

That's the deal they're talking about

I guess that makes sense, but that's not what was said (just 3 tacos), so I guess I didn't put two and two together.

It's hard not to look good when the same menu lists a regular basic 3 taco meal for shy of $9 and almost $11 for supreme or Doritos locos, without tax.

Anderson Koopa posted:

I duno, maybe ask this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I guess they're shipping out the 300 secret aardvark boxes so no one knows what the grift is yet