Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Burt Sexual posted:

My bedside clock begs to differ, son.

Get with the times, old man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Go to bed, old man

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Daylight savings time is bullshit

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

My cat didnt get the memo and now hes super pissed that he didnt get his pate dinner at the "right time".

I'm sorry buddy, stupid government bitches decided to keep an agricultural relic going in 2019

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Yo I work overnights and last night it demoralizingly changed from 2 AM to 1 AM but hey it wasn't pitch black outside when I rode home which means I can see the faces of all the profoundly miserable commuters every morning.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I don't understand why it's called daylight saving when the net result is zero. There's no saving, you just end up spending it

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Daylight savings time is bullshit

:five:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this was even the day that you get an extra hour to sleep in. the dst day no one complains about unless theyre a huge dumb baby. named burt

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dogmeat posted:

You can not do daylight savings time. That's allowed. My state just voted to do permanent daylight saving time but that is federally prohibited so I just don't know what the gently caress. Everyone was excited we wouldn't have to change our clocks, because ultimately that's all anyone cares about, but it didn't do anything. It's not like it was a surprise either, it said in the text of the proposition that we couldn't do gently caress all about it unless congress did a thing, which is impossible. But instead of saying 'Ok let's just go to standard only,' to actually accomplish the thing that everyone wants, we just voted to do a thing we can't do.

Please take a writing class.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Just to be clear we just left DST, so if you're saying it sucks or it's bullshit then you like the way it is now because we're in real time.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Life hack: set your clocks to display whatever time you want, just as long as you can do the conversions and show up to poo poo at the time people expect you to.

For example it's dark as gently caress outside but all my clocks say it's 2:30 in the afternoon and my mood is better for it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Life hack: set your clocks to display whatever time you want

Done

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you hate it so much, just work 10-6 during the summer instead of 9-5.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
What's loving weirder is that if you live outside the us, dalylight saving time happened 2 weeks ago. Why the gently caress do they get it early? Its unfair.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

this is the first time in years I wasn't working a 12 hour night shift when DST hit and had to eat an extra hour of work unpaid

my DST was pretty good

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

this is the first time in years I wasn't working a 12 hour night shift when DST hit and had to eat an extra hour of work unpaid

my DST was pretty good

What kind of Hitler bullshit is that? I can barely be assed to work when I'm paid and there's no fuckin way I would work unpaid.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

The_Continental posted:

Please take a writing class.

Look: it's very confusing and I am very dumb.

But Burt wants to end DST, which is allowed, so he should get on that.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

RVWinkle posted:

What kind of Hitler bullshit is that? I can barely be assed to work when I'm paid and there's no fuckin way I would work unpaid.

Contract injectable pharma manufacturing is a very fascist-leaning industry and I'm glad to be out of it

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Even if you somehow forget to change the clocks, all your friends with little kids will remind you with their posts whining about kids waking up too early

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Yo I work overnights and last night it demoralizingly changed from 2 AM to 1 AM

I've had this happen a few times at work. It's fun when the boss is checking how long I took to do a call, and the times record me as leaving 25 minutes before I got there.

This time change only resultes in the dog nosing me awake for breakfast instead of politely waiting for my alarm like he normally does.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah changing the time sucks. I don't care if they use DST or normal time or whatever the gently caress. Just stop changing the clocks.

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

Yo I work overnights and last night it demoralizingly changed from 2 AM to 1 AM but hey it wasn't pitch black outside when I rode home which means I can see the faces of all the profoundly miserable commuters every morning.
I used to work nights and my commute home was driving directly east into the rising sun. It was great getting my full day's worth of sunlight directly into my eyeballs because the sun would be setting when I woke up.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

My state voted Daylight Savings Time away this year but Congress hasn't gotten off their rear end abs approved it.

gently caress you Mitch.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

My cat didnt get the memo and now hes super pissed that he didnt get his pate dinner at the "right time".

I'm sorry buddy, stupid government bitches decided to keep an agricultural relic going in 2019

I don't think farmers like it either, at least those with livestock. The justification for it is energy use, not agriculture.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

I woke up at 830, 730 actual time according to the “government”. Leave it at daylight savings time and save everyone a lot of lost effort and darkness. I need a nap. Or,I don’t. It’s so confusing

If you hate it so much then why do you want to switch to it permanently, idiot? You don't hate dst you hate pointlessly losing/gaining an hour every year

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
DST is cool when you're up late and it goes from 1:59 to 1:00 or whatever. Or was it 2:59 to 2:00?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

all i know is im waking up early in the morning

WOOO WOOOOOOOOO

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

vyst posted:

I don't understand why it's called daylight saving when the net result is zero. There's no saving, you just end up spending it

are you serious

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

pitch black at 6:00 pm is one of the best things in life

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
My alarm clock sucks. I always woke up 10 minutes before my alarm hit. Now I am gonna have to suffer hearing its cries instead of before setting our clocks back an hour.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Time is just a construct.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
If you are wondering why we have Daylight Savings Time, you have to read "Paladin of the Lost Hour" by Harlan Ellison (You can also watch the Twilight Zone episode, based on this story.)

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I agree, thankfully British Columbia is getting rid of it next year and as a parent of young kids, god it fucks them up, drat man it started getting dark just after 4pm today, ain’t nobody got time for that poo poo!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Waking up at dawn heeeeyaw :clint:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can never really save daylight, for it is all fleeting moments, the sun extinguishes itself each night in a golden sea of piss and is once again ignited by the devils taint in the morning, as our hemispherical earth turns to make the seasons. :gbsmith:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Waking up at 6 in the AM just as farmers intended.

Caint kill the rooster.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The only good thing about DST is the massive loving relief that you can actually wake up again when it ends.

People who want to switch to permanent DST need to die in a way befitting people who are bad. Maybe it's the working schedule that's bad, not the position of the sun in the sky.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Keep it at the winter time year round. I'm tired of feeling an hour off most of the year.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Maybe you should go lobby the government instead of whining on these forums, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How many clocks y'all need to set manually? I have my oven, microwave, a digital clock and my car. My car is a 2018 model that somehow still has to be set manually.