Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
What the heck? Where did this come from?

Thanks for the heads-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
game seems good. rotating stuff is tricky - it rotates around the closest atom to the manipulator, so depending on your molecule shape rotating and immediately rotating back is effectively a translation (in a different direction from how that manipulator normally translates). trying to orchestrate things when going for minimum modules hurts my brain.

about halfway through, things still seem quite easy to complete but optimizing is getting tough.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
also i really wish i could overlap the end of one cycle with the start of the next if they don't conflict, but you just don't get any sort of construct that would allow to do that. (unless you can arrange it so that a manipulator isn't pointing at any of the inputs, but is pointing at where the output will be, which seems like a pain to deliberately orchestrate that won't really pay off).

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You have two options: you can H+ on whatever the oxygen is connected to until it lets go, or you can H+ on the oxygen itself.

Which one is easier depends on the specific puzzle.