Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Asteroid Alert posted:

Mythic Quest season 2 started today! 2 episodes this week, subsequent episodes weekly.

It is, Poppy Fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

You're overthinking it. The publisher will just re-release the book as Isaac Asimov's Tales of Anaren, by CW Longbottom. After all, Tom Clancy is still "publishing" books by whatever hack author they can find. And the sad thing is, it would make millions.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

So, the Coach Beard episode dropped. Clearly, he suffered a concussion after falling over the barrier last episode and this was the result.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Season 3 of Lasso is off to a great start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njuNk_6dQLI&t=30s

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

The latest episode of Slow Horses was great, but they seriously need to invest in anti-wipes all around.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

JohnnyQPublic posted:

Is this show worth a watch? I just finished the first novel and loved it, it was a great crime/spy novel and I'm curious as to how it translates.

It's definitely worth a watch, they've also filmed a second season covering Dead Lions as well.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Bad Sisters.

It's probably our favorite show rolling out right now except for Res Dogs. I hope Claes Bang gets an Emmy nomination for the performance because he really hits all the buttons in every scene perfectly.

The whole cast is a real standout, but Claes does a magnificent job of playing an absolute rear end in a top hat. The ginger Claffin brother comes a close second.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

The latest episode of Bad Sisters was great, heart-crushing and a bit of a pain in the rear end. As always, I blame JP.

What the gently caress is up with that basement, JP?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Finally caught up with the latest 2 episodes of Bad Sisters, curious to see where it goes for the last two.

Jesus, that was cold, JP.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

The sisters really should have outsourced the JP hit to the Mafia.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Just finished the S2 finale of Slow Horses, and it kicks Treason the teeth. It was a good finale, and the preview for next season looks interesting.River gets beat up.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Hello Tomorrow was great this week, looking forward to where things go next.

Shrinking...was ok, but I am very glad that next week is the finale.

And lastly, not sure if anyone has caught it but the first three episodes of Extrapolations has dropped as well. I like it so far, and want to punch clean-shaven Jon Snow in the face. Also, I learned that a clean shaven Matthew Rhys is good at being a money-grubbing bastard.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Good episodes of Shrinking and Extrapolations. I am looking forward to where they go with the latter.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Wet bulb temps are scary as gently caress. You can read the first chapter of Kim Stanley Robinson's The Ministry for the Future on Amazon(For some reason it won't let me open it.) It covers a wet bulb event in India that kills millions. It also features a bit where a group of Indians steal the generator from a Western NGO worker so that they can provide relief to the many rather than the few.

https://www.amazon.com/Ministry-Future-Kim-Stanley-Robinson-ebook/dp/B084FY1NXB/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1680296138&sr=8-1

Overall a good episode, I'm curious what Alpha's endgame is other than being a mashup of Elon Musk and a Paolo Baciagalupi villain.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Does this mean something different in the show? A wet bulb temperature is just a reading from a thermometer with a wet cloth around the bulb. There's nothing inherently dangerous about it.

I didn't know about the original one, the one referred to in the book & show is the wet bulb globe effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet-bulb_globe_temperature

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Another Wet Bulb 34 episode of Extrapolations, I enjoyed it. Generational character Ezra forgets a whale, and gains a family. Also, Cloud storage sucks.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Watched the latest Extrapolations, maybe the bleakest yet. It oddly reminded me of Stephen Baxter's Titan with the young Artist who crafts their art out of bodily waste and the back to the wild movement. Hopefully they nail the finale.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Finally got around to watching the finale for Extrapolations, and they mostly nailed it. I did appreciate the callbacks to previous episodes, it reminded me of the finale for the 90s reboot of The Outer Limits. I did laugh that the penalty for Ecocide is being launched into orbit to live out your days in a temperature controlled environment.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I watched all of High Desert and it’s easily the show I regret watching the most this year. Like, at least The Idol is fun to laugh at. High Desert is just a huge nothingburger.

Silo was a cool show, glad it got renewed.

I more or less watched High Desert at the same time as Hap and Leonard and High Desert was no Hap and Leonard.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Episode 3 of Slow Horses is up, and that was a very satisfying episode.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

I'm just sad that it was neither the Hoemobile or Jackson asking him if he was a middle aged lesbian.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Merry belated Slow Horses x-mas.

I wasn't expecting Jackson goes Home Alone on their asses, but it was great.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Constellation is truly the Uwe Boll of streaming. But seriously, was the whole thing a tax dodge/reverse Zaslav?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Finished the first two of Dark Matter, I'm interested enough to watch the rest of the season. I did like that the Velocity Corp goons drove EVs, so that you know they're Extra Villainous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I don't know anything about the show but hey just a general gripe. Seriously what the gently caress is it with writers ALWAYS naming the main guy John. Is there some law? Is it like 555- phone numbers?? "People in movies or TV are always just named John. Don't like it, go to Russia"

You're in luck, the main character in Dark Matter is named Jason!...Dressen. Yeah, I don't know why either.