Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Blind Rasputin posted:

Uh yeah just finished first episode of Constellation and this is equal parts Event Horizon, 12 Monkeys, and the house parts of Returnal for sure. Crazy stuff. Really good.

I'm enjoying it, it's very well-written. I really liked the first 2 episodes but the third felt a bit slow. The second episode took its time as well but it was very effective given what was happening.

Spoilers for all 3 episodes:
One thing I didn't realize for a bit given everything else going on is that while the show is playing with the idea of parallel universes, it's also an alt-history timeline where apparently Apollo 18 actually happened and there was some sort of settlement on the Moon at some point. And the various countries seem like they're amicable with each other since the US has no issues with sitting around performing space missions and highly advanced research with and in Russia. And all the Caldera stuff seems to tie into past events indicating the space programs continued beyond what happened in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Cojawfee posted:

At first I thought the cabin stuff was stupid but I think it can be really interesting. I assume that since it is very remote, it is a liminal space as that one lady said, like being out on the ocean. Or maybe the lake itself is the liminal space. And having the CAL there is allowing Jo to switch between the realities so she's able to see her original Alice and this other Alice that she's been living with. Since Bud is going to go up north to get the CAL back, I wonder if Henry will pop into existence up there too.

It's gonna be like the Shining except instead of an axe murderer it's an old guy pissing all over the place