Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Can someone explain what the significance was of the post credits scene in season 1? What is the significance of doing a partial underwater launch, and what is special about the new rocket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

Shantaram good. Hunnam's accent is dependably wobbly -- I laughed pretty hard when he lied and claimed to be from New Zealand, because my god his vowels wander all over the Tasman -- but he's otherwise pretty great in the role. I like the supporting cast too. Everyone feels colourful and textured, though they've also got some accent stuff going on.

I'm not familiar with the novel, so I can't comment on authenticity, but I generally don't give a monkey's about fidelity criticism anyway. I suspect the novel wasn't so aggressive in hitting the redemption stuff, but the first episode of this -- all I've seen so far-- is straightforwardly structured and paced.

It's gorgeous looking, and not just as is typical for an Apple original, this is a nice looking show. Colour grading is lovely, Bombay looks hot and wet, but also quite lush. And I appreciate that the Australia scenes were actually shot in Australia (which also looks hot but in a different way).

Camera work feels like it might be channeling Scorsese? There's energy to it at least, though it's inconsistently delivered.

Also, has a Farscape actor in it, so automatic 10/10.

(But nah honestly I liked it, but man the voice over is utter poo poo.)

The novel is probably the worst book I have ever read. Self-agrandizing white saviour bullshit.