Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ninurta posted:

Just finished the S2 finale of Slow Horses, and it kicks Treason the teeth. It was a good finale, and the preview for next season looks interesting.River gets beat up.

I just finished both seasons. It took me 2 attempts to get through the first episode, but after that I was in. Gary oldman is so disgusting it’s almost unbelievable such an accomplished actor would want to take that role. But I’m glad he did!

*rips rear end in front of you*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Does shrinking ever do anything interesting? I like Jason but all of the advertising for this maybe got my hopes up too high?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

EL BROMANCE posted:

I didn’t really get the feeling they were primarily going for humor, just little bits here and there. I mainly was into it for the world, which I definitely dig. That delivery vehicle rules and then lol.

lol yeah that 2d driver was great. I’m looking forward to seeing just how big of a scam the moon really is.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Oasx posted:

Given how much they outright hint that the moon thing is a scam, I’m starting to think that it’s a misdirection, and there are actually apartments on the moon.

It is played very straight. Maybe the scam is the moon kicks rear end but none of these schmucks are gonna get there

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mellow Seas posted:

And hey, "Shrinking" can be funny. It has Ted fuckin' McGinley!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asISWDliXFQ

I didn't immediately recognize McGinley (because he's aged) or Christa Miller (because she has refused to age and has a different face than she used to) and actually pegged them from their voices.

I always light up when I see Al bundys neighbor :keke:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ChadSexington posted:

I think the scene where Myrtle calls Brightside’s customer support line pretty firmly implies that it is never actually manned, and it wouldn’t even save her voice message. It’s a total facade just set up to further the illusion that Brightside is a legitimate company.

However, I do agree that a scam on this level in the world the show has set up would have been figured out by now - I think I’ll be disappointed if the show handwaves this away as “we just skip town after running a grift and no one ever reports us to the cops or national news or talks to their out-of-town family members about it.”

The more I think about it the more this make sense. This is why Jack doesn’t want Shirley making a big splash with actual good marketing.
I’m trying to think how this operation could actually be real knowing what we know. Is it possible he’s ‘just’ fudging the immediate chain of command but otherwise it’s real?

I think Jack has no association to any moon community but created this scheme to earn enough to convince his estranged son to move there with him

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I thought last weeks Hello Tomorrow! was the finale and thought that was a strange place to leave it. Glad there’s another one.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Escobarbarian posted:

So is Silo worth it or what

It’s a good premise but the casting of the lead character doesn’t match with the writing. I really hate the ‘only one mechanic knows how this machine works’ trope and in this instance there’s a 125lbs woman who is the only one that can properly turn a wrench I guess?

The 3rd ep has some stupid contrivances that ensures this person is the one who saves the day when literally anyone could have helped.

I’ll keep watching since Barry and Succession are about done :(

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
On ep 2 of Hijack and I’m liking it. Although it’s already silly as I’m sure retracting an incident report would need some sort of code word, or lack thereof to signal an issue in case of hijacking.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Boris Galerkin posted:

Watching Hijack episode 1 right now and I had to pause/stop the thing after throwing my hands up in the air shouting what the gently caress, because what the gently caress? The pilot letting the hijackers inside the cockpit, and the pilot being nondescript saying “it’s an incident” instead of saying “there are guys with guns”, Idris Elba texting the exact same vague message about a “security incident” instead of “plane hijacked 6 guys with guns get help”. Ugh I can’t even/don’t even want to finish this.

I lol’d at that text too. Love to be coy because the plot demands it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Scrotum Modem posted:

He's basically the John Wick of negotiating. They just haven't really showed him off quite yet. He's gonna make deals left and right on that plane

The Negoti-Plane

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Oh drat new Hijack dropped. I thought these came out on Thursday?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Cojawfee posted:

I agree on Slow Horses, very good. Foundation, very bad.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Escobarbarian posted:

Physical is back! and it has blonde Zooey D which continues to break my brain (I only saw Elf for the first time in 2021)

Physical is rough at first but man do I identify with her negative self talk. Gonna keep watching.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Cojawfee posted:

At least something happens in this last episode of Hijack. When they finally crash landed the plane. I was fully expecting some more dumb poo poo to happen where the plane somehow takes off again and gets re-hijacked. I guess I wasn't to far off the mark. Also, another incredulous moment where the police just let Sam walk off the plane as if they know 100% he's one of the good guys.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised overall, mostly cause the landing/crash was very good looking. It’s insane how stupid they believe the audience is, I mean why would you want to see a stock price go down??

Pretty big letdown with how they handled the bad baldy guy in charge. actually none of this matters just forget about it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Sorry. I meant to convey I knew what it meant and was insulted they assumed I didn’t.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Vegetable posted:

Hijack’s finale... Oh man.

1. They have a real pilot onboard — a first officer with hundreds if not thousands of experience flying the plane! It’s insane that they decided to ditch and she wasn’t in the cockpit.

2. That plane was catching fire on impact and its tail collided with the ground. The passengers near the engines and at the tail should be dead.

3. Where did the stairs come from? Their plane crashed; they should be using emergency exits.

4. Lol that the special forces weren’t immediately sweeping the plane after it landed.

5. How was Amanda not considered one of the hijackers? Why wouldn’t she be detained with the rest of the baddies?

6. No government would knowingly let a hijacker-controlled plane fly into central London. And the PM would decide, sure as poo poo not the foreign secretary.

7. Why did the cleaning crew evacuate the apartment? Why didn’t they put up more resistance? Why would they bring a handcuffed hostage with them?

8. What was the point of showing disagreement among the two released prisoners? It was such an unnecessary bit of plot. It would have been much better if we knew nothing about what was going on there.

Genuinely impressed by how the show became incrementally dumber each episode.

#3 - They show the stairs being rolled up by the emergency crew
#7 - They had no idea the cop was on to them because of how cool the cop was playing it. They would have had to ice multiple police had they engaged. It did seem like the second cleaner was gonna walk out with the hostage in plain view, which made absolutely no sense.

It was funny how the swat team didn't immediately just arrest everyone, they go out of their way to show only the baddies being arrested. This show is so insulting on so many levels. Without Idris it's nothing. Still enjoyed it, though :)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Boris Galerkin posted:

Lol this air traffic controller who thinks she’s the most important person

What’s that, we have a hostage negotiator ready to take over? No, I’m an empath. I can do it better.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Vegetable posted:

Then she drops her mic and goes to pick up her kid because women can have it all :wink:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Cojawfee posted:

Same, but I don't want someone who hasn't seen Silo to come in here and think whatever that post is is representative of the show.

Agreed.

It's much much worse than whatever that post is indicating.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Slow Horses really amped up the stakes this season and it's been great. Except I was lol'in at the last episode where the dogs pretend to try and kill the people in the document room when they would have just immediately thrown in 3 grenades and been done with it. That's what eventually happens but they wait until one of their own is shot which is lol.

Anyway, they wouldn't have been so mad had River not been a complete dumbass. When that red dot appeared on his chest while talking to Spider I was screaming come oooooon at him, but he wouldn't listen :mad:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Good points! The use of the private contractors also explains why the boss would be so cold blooded about clearing the board cause they ain’t her pawns.

I’m sure Duffy has something coming to him after what he did in the van :(

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Great finale, very happy another season is confirmed.

that loving banister knife slice sound effect :cry:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I actually said "River you loving idiot" at the TV, so I was glad when the final shot revealed that River had made copies of the extremely top secret document that a lot of people died over

:yossame:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Maybe he's having fun

He just has to sweat, drink and bust rear end on command. What an awesome gig.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

njsykora posted:

You should probably watch series 3.

:hmmyes:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Coco, coco!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blind Rasputin posted:

Uh yeah just finished first episode of Constellation and this is equal parts Event Horizon, 12 Monkeys, and the house parts of Returnal for sure. Crazy stuff. Really good.

That sounds loving awesome. Watching this tonight!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Data Graham posted:

I remember his Russian accent in Rounders lol

You halfve my mahoney?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This is so damned annoying. Also I hate her cuck husband, no way Noomi ends up with that dork.