Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Popelmon posted:

See is dumb as poo poo but I enjoyed it a lot. Feels like a Syfy show with a Game of Thrones budget.

I'm just watching it for Jason Momoa who is hilarious in this role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

It's been two episodes and I still don't know what to make of Servant but I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Season 2 of Servant is pretty good. That scene with the blisters, though...

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I don't know what's going on in See but I thoroughly enjoy every time Jason Momoa is on screen. He's absolutely delightful.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

See is utterly absurd but I love it.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

New season of See is out. This show is so dumb, I love it.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, same here, I loved the first season as campy fun, appreciated the world expansion in season 2 but think I only got halfway through the season. But it's one of those things I will definitely finish at one point. I think a lot of people just got hung up on the "everyone's blind" concept and wrote it off based solely on that.

Also, I think Jason Momoa does legitimately good acting in it. Adding Bautista as his brother in season 2 was a great move, too.

I like the way Jason Momoa's character walks - it's completely different to every other blind person in this world. It must be exhausting to creep around the way he does.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm going to miss this beautiful, dumb show. Criminally underrated.

Baba Voss was too good and pure for that world.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Masters of the Air dropped a trailer a few days ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RWohylGm3c

It's been a long wait...

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

The big PR push on Masters of the Air seems like it's about to start

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ch-show-of-2024

I'm excited if only because I've waited 12 years for this show. Nothing can top Band of Brothers though.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

The Pacific holds up better on a rewatch but it's not in my yearly watch list. It also doesn't move me, a grown man, to tears in certain episodes.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I enjoyed it. I think it's shaping up into a decent show and I can recognise the various characters better than I ever could in The Pacific. So far it's doing a good job of showing how utterly terrifying it must have been as a bomber back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

This Charming Man posted:

Got a 3-month trial to Apple TV+ with my new TV and I'm looking for must-watch stuff before it runs out. So far I've just been watching Masters of the Air and the animated movie Wolfwalkers.

I see a good bit of praise for Constellation in the thread which I'll check out but is there anything else that should be on my radar?

Servant and See. Both very weird shows but well worth watching.