Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I've been enjoying The Changeling alright. I like the premise and acting, and the mild twists so far, it's definitely a slow burn though. Probably not a must watch series, but worthwhile so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

CaptainN posted:

All of the Slow Horses scenes at the records store were really poor.
They would have all been dead within minutes. Weapons arsenal in the boot of the car? Woman who can't hold a gun taking out soldiers? The tiny woman beating a solider in 1-on-1 combat? River shaking off a bomb blast in seconds? Dumb action nonsense which was totally out of place with the rest of the show. I'd be surprised if that is how it was written in the books.

I always do find it amusing how british productions tend to depict firearms so haphazardly. Probably safe to assume that the weapons expert they bring on set to train the actors has never held a gun before themselves, it's just some londoner.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Just pointing it out, not getting annoyed by it

I find it amusing personally. Hijack is another great example of silly gun stuff.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Black Bird, Foundation, Snoopy Show

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Season 3 of For All Mankind wasn't that bad, it's just that the previous seasons were so impeccably great. The True Detective problem.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

MUMMY

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Definitely felt like a sort of "review" episode for Constellation. I don't hate that they did it, as some could probably use it to drive the nebulous concept home, but it was definitely less engaging because of the nature of it. Seeing how somethings happened that were hinted at before was appreciated though, and it feels about the right time to pull up that curtain.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Glad they drove home the whole alternate universe aspect last episode, because they really went wild playing with it back and forth on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Been enjoying Sugar. It's up its own rear end in a way I appreciate.