Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I got the free trial of ATV for Dickinson because my wife wanted to watch it (not bad, actually). Then I promptly cancelled it after finishing Dickinson. I would have kept the service if they didn’t drop the other shows weekly. As it stands, I’ll probably sign up for a month when all of For All Mankind is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I posted elsewhere that this episode was totally weird to drop in the middle of the season and in August, and it probably would have been better to hold it back and release it in December as “A Ted Lasso Christmas Special.”

I was thinking about that more and the only reason I can come up with for why they didn’t do that would be if something happens between the characters in the rest of the season that makes this episode not work out of sequence. Sam gets fired, Roy and Keely break up, something like that.

…..but I hope not :ohdear:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
As someone who doesn’t follow soccer at all, the whole relegation thing is wild to me.

Are there ever any surprises, or is it generally the same 10 or so teams getting relegated/promoted every year?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Is Extrapolations a normal linear drama or is it an anthology show? Was kinda hard to tell from the trailer, but that cast list screamed ‘anthology’

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I watched the first episode of Hello Tomorrow when it dropped, and liked it well enough but haven’t gone back.

Without delving too deep into spoilers - does it ever really do much with it’s retro-sci-fi setting? Because after watching the first episode, I thought it was fun but that you could probably just set the show in the 50s with salesmen selling any old snake oil and the show wouldn’t be that different.

Is the sci-fi setting just a skin on top of a “conman salesman reconnects with his son” show, or is it more integral than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Was Extrapolations any good? I remember being interested in watching it when it dropped but I didn’t because it seemed like a huge downer.

I just finished the latest season of For All Mankind and I’m looking for something else vaguely sci-fi-ish to watch