Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I just finished Constellation. What a waste of an otherwise interesting premise!

I hate that they setup the ending halfway through and then just didn't go through with it??? Henry explains how a waveform works to Alice and that it collapses when observed by an outsider. I assumed that meant that when the extremely fragile looking CAL was inevitably broken one of the universes would disappear so Jo was going to face a choice on whether to break it or not. Maybe she would die. Maybe Paul would live. Maybe she would end up back in the right universe. The whole point of the quantum metaphor is that she won't know until she makes a choice to perturb the superposition.

Instead we get the stupid "There are two universes and one is the darkest timeline with Henry on trial for murder, Paul in a hospital and craycray, and Jo Two-Face in Space" ending. Ugh!

Others have pointed that half the scientists in this drat show are the most incurious people imaginable. That also bugged the hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU