Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cojawfee posted:

Holy loving poo poo that For All Mankind Episode.

Yeah right when I was about to bounce off, that was a loving tense 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
so far Foundation is like.... look at all that loving MONEY

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
They spent so much money on weird shots in Invasion.

Its cool but... drat.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Oh poo poo. Max Richter did the soundtrack for Invasion?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The invasion ginger villain is just too loving much

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I went to watch episode 5 of Invasion, my mind completely blanked on what happened on the previous episode, it's never done that.

The show sucks so much my mind is rejecting it.

Max Richter your talents are wasted.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Invasion the "a county b county c county d county......" was honestly a really cool scene.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Crini posted:

I don’t know New York State well enough but I want to look up and see if that was basically every county In the state, at least for the parts we could hear.

Fairly sure that was the implication

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This is TOTALLY unfair.

The intro is pretty decent.

That one 30 minute episode was a decent horror short.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sonderval posted:

If nothing else Invasion gave us the least likeable character of 2021, US army soldier man. rear end in a top hat to everyone he meets, shouting, confrontational, constantly threatening with his gun. Even his “redemption/explanation” ark at the end made him out as an rear end in a top hat. gently caress that guy.

Don't forget he's nice because people say he's nice, we never actually see him do a nice thing though.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Constellation seems like it will be atleast worth seeing to the end given the reviews but I don't know if I can handle the child actor going "mummy!" all the time.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

ShowTime posted:

I'll probably never understand and way smarter people then me made this show.

Episode 3 really kinda made me go "maybe they don't know what they're doing".

Your noble prize winning scientist doesn't have a back up plan to record results on the Russian equipment? The Russian equipment doesn't have recording capabilities at all?!

Apparently reviews say the wrap a lot of the questions up pretty nice though.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

SimonChris posted:

He tried to record the image on the screen with his phone, and it still didn't work. The implication is that the phenomenon is impossible to record due to quantum whatever.

Yes, they could have made that way more apparent with like 10 seconds more of the scene and not make one of your main characters look like an idiot

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 23, 2024

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

ShowTime posted:

I finished up episode 3 of Constellation and hot drat aren't Noomi Rapace and Jonathan Banks killing it? Jonathan Banks is giving me hard Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul vibes.

I'm trying to research this new state of, and maybe someone smarter than me has some insight into it: matter. This new thing they were looking at was found and is clearly affecting everything. I guess plasma? We clearly see them exist in two states at once. I don't know what that could be, but i think they found it. Episode 3 talking ahead. We get shots of things like Alice walking down an alley, one behind the other. One is in front, goes a direction and the other is behind, a little slower and we don't know the direction. They're talking about existing in two places at once, I don't get it. Some things are pretty clear, as far as the back story, which is I think ultimately gonna wrap up this show. Jo and Frederic are loving. It's why Jo and Magnus, well among probably several things, are having issues.

Also, wtf does Henry, "Bud" have? He's looking worse and worse over time. These spots on his skin. Him and Irene are taking these same pills. I'm pretty loving lost here, right now. I have an idea of what's going on, but I feel like I don't.

Good show, worth watching.

CeeJee above pretty much nailed where I think they're going.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Just skip the parts.

You'll know the parts.

Its fine if you do that, you lose basically next to nothing.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cojawfee posted:

I wish constellation would just move the plot along. I get it, there's a mystery, I want to see what the mystery is. Having Jo want to figure it out, then decide she doesn't want to, and then suddenly decides she wants to again is annoying. I think I'll have to go back and watch the show again after it's all done to catch the little details.

That was the general consensus of the reviews...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Man those reviews that were like "well its a bit of a slog in the middle but it pays off" really did a lot for my expectations.

It was fine.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Constellation really doubled down on the symbolism this episode, huh?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Taear posted:

I think (I said before) if they made it so Jo was kinda confused and both realities were merging in her head it'd be okay. But they don't! She even really fights about what she saw in space but seems totally fine that the layout of her house is different, the people who are there are different and all sorts of other poo poo.
They COULD have made this work - even if they told us that the lithium was making them confused, they just don't bother at all.

It's like they expect the viewers to be TOTALLY baffled by the mystery even though it's pretty clearly and obviously laid out. I mentioned before but the reddit barely has any theorising because there's just nothing to theorise about until this last episode maybe.

Making your show entirely about scientists (including a noble prize winner) and astronauts and having them being entirely uncurious and unforthcoming is an odd choice. At least do an exposition dump as to why they would find this area touchy.

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Flipped off the last scene of constellation.

BOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO