Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
the main problem with Monarch is that everybody except Kurt Russell is an absolute loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Madurai posted:

They are really leaning into this whole "make every character as unlikeable as possible" angle. I suppose its to make us all cheer when they're squished by monsters later.

I will take back all my criticisms if that happens

e: lmao I just remembered in the V reboot when one of the main characters who was a sulky fuckwit teen that literally every person watching hated, finally got loving devoured and the showrunners were shocked that people were ecstatic at this turn of events instead of the shock they were going for.

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 10, 2023

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

wooger posted:

Is there a better thread than this to talk about the new Apple TV OS update?

here probably
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748522

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kloaked00 posted:

With the most recent episode of Monarch, I knew there was something familiar about blue underground portals taking modern-day people to a pre-historic type land filled with dangers......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmcx0PWPYj0

The episode before when May fell down the hole I was briefly ecstatic that they had finally killed off one of these unlikeable fucks until I realized they'd be going to monster land next episode.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

latinotwink1997 posted:

I was more annoyed still wondering how Lee made it out last time without his ship

I imagine you’re going to find out exactly how next season considering the ship is no longer there.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

latinotwink1997 posted:

Godzilla just carried him in his mouth

Gonna pop out of the rift riding Godzilla like the dude in Dr. Strangelove riding the bomb yeehaw

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Just started watching Slow Horses and loving hell I've been missing out.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a Monarch thread, because i finished watching it recently and I loved the poo poo out of it.

This is the only thread I've seen for commenting on how disappointing it was that Cate didn't suffer a horrible death when she fell down the hole.

Snake Plissken is good in it though.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Looking at oreos in growing horror
"NYET! NYET!"

lmao at the notoriously difficult to beat poker player having the most egregiously obvious tell imaginable

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Wasn't this movie the start of the Poker boom, when people didn't know poo poo about it?

Pretty much, right in the Chris Moneymaker era where ESPN made it look like every hand was monster hand over monster hand instead of endless hours of boring poo poo left on the editing room floor.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Taear posted:

I think (I said before) if they made it so Jo was kinda confused and both realities were merging in her head it'd be okay. But they don't! She even really fights about what she saw in space but seems totally fine that the layout of her house is different, the people who are there are different and all sorts of other poo poo.
They COULD have made this work - even if they told us that the lithium was making them confused, they just don't bother at all.

It's like they expect the viewers to be TOTALLY baffled by the mystery even though it's pretty clearly and obviously laid out.

Pro tip, go into every show you watch with the expectation that the writers think they are far more clever than they really are.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lmao what a dumbass show and season finale, literally exhibit A of “when writers are addicted to the smell of their own farts”

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Trailer for new Blake Crouch adaptation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ucGt_Xp14

(And not the lovely TV series from ten years ago.)

Crouch is adapting it himself, which is good, because he's actually a pretty tight TV writer when adapting his own stuff (first season of Wayward Pines, both seasons of Good Behavior). Plus Connelley goes so goes my country.

ah, a dark version of Sliders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
eh, the gun was a pretty small caliber, could easily have not killed him while leaving him a vegetable.