Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Black Bird wrapped up its six episode run and I really enjoyed it. Dramatized true crime is not necessarily my favorite genre but this was an engrossing, tense ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Hijack is both frustrating to watch and intriguing at the same time.

Yeah. I'm only through ep 3 but it's keeping my interest despite some annoyances.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

toggle posted:

It’s exhausting

Yeah, though I loved BoB I lost interest in the Pacific after just a couple episodes and never went back.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I'm loving The Completely Made Up Adventures of Dick Turpin. It's completely absurd and silly which is sometimes just what you need.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

So I never had much interest in The Morning Show but I randomly checked it out and three days later I had binged the first season. Now after two episodes of S2 I feel like the magic is suddenly gone, it feels unfocused, the characters all just seem slightly off (why is Mitch even still on this show?) its supposed to be only 9 mos later but it feels like 2 yrs later, and ugh I really dont want to relive corona drama. Is it worth sticking with?

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Man I was hoping Sugar would be good because I love Colin Farrell and I love this genre, but the first episode has already exceeded ny expectations.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Ugh, I didnt spoil myself but that doesnt bode well.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I do wish I didn't know there is supposed to be some kind of twist though, since now I'm looking out for it/reading too much into things.
After watching the second episode Im not sure if its a bad thing or kind of adds to the experience. Like we already knew there were things the show wasnt explaining, like his mystery illness, and the kind of odd relationship with his handler. Him not being able to get drunk, then ep2 just sitting on the bed all night with the dog kinda hint at him being an android or some poo poo, which honestly would be loving great but the present-day setting doesnt really support that. Anyway as long as its not some kinda 'hes imagining/what we have seen hasnt really happened' bullshit I could probably roll with it.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Episode 3 really threw me for a loop though.

Haha, right. I had a moment where I thought this polyglot group is a bunch of aliens, but I really haveno clue wtf.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

Sugar ep 4

It'll never happen but now they've dangled the possibility in front of me I'll be seriously disappointed if they're not all Things

Right? The alien theory got a bit stronger.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I loved the latest episode of Sugar. Weird show in all the right ways.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah not really sold on Dark Matter after one episode. I don't think I've seen this lead guy in anything else and honestly I just don't care for him. The episode just seemed to lack a certain energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah but I still dig this show bigtime. Anyone know what that end credits song is?