Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, Sudeikis kills the sincerity needed for it to work perfectly. Watch the two commercials they did for NBC Sports on YouTube too, there’s a few recycled gags (I like that Dubai Air was the sponsor for the team he coached in the 2nd one).

Put me in the ‘wish I had more to watch already’ camp. 3 at once each week would be nice too, one per week just feels old fashioned now ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Asteroid Alert posted:

Next weeks Mythic Quest tells the origin story of C.W. And he is played by Josh Brener, who was Big Head in Silicon Valley.

I read this post just before watching season 1, and it was fun to see Big Head was CW for a brief moment in the first episode when they introduced his character.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DaveKap posted:

This post is very confusing because this guy:

Is a completely different person.

Correct, so I went back. The copy I have on Plex from last year has the shot in your post, the version that’s on Apple+ now has been retconned with a different still - of Big Head.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

To no surprise it blanks the screen when you try to take a screenshot in the phone app. I’ll try do it in the web browser later.

E: took the lazy route and found someone who’d done the hard work already - https://www.reddit.com/r/MythicQues...utm_name=iossmf

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 16, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had to laugh in the week when I got an A+ notification saying they were celebrating their 34 Emmy noms.

Just to be dicks, HBO Max emailed the next day with essentially the same message but for 130.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like Schmigadoon, but I hope it’s a single series and wraps up though. And that Apple does more one off runs and miniseries in general.

Jane Krakowski hasn’t shown up yet, right? Or have I been blind?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's probably just safer to assume that wasn't the one article a year the WSJ publishes that isn't just complete garbage.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Schmigadoon/Ted Lasso is just such a lovely way to end the work week.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I can feel that, I was chuckling all the way through the episode and got a few big laughs too. Half the time watching sitcoms I’m more appreciating jokes than laughing at them. Familiarly definitely makes things funnier for sure, and some shows entirely rely on that by their later years and don’t even bother writing the punchline anymore.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Re: Schmigadoon

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's a miniseries, yeah. And no, I haven't seen Krakowski either.

Turns out that might not be so set in stone (but given the ambiguity of the tweet, I'm expecting the storyline to have an ending at least)

https://twitter.com/cincopedia/status/1423720143117426689?s=21

Anyone tried that Mr. Corman show? I might throw it on after Lasso/Schmig tonight

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, did the first episode and seems 'fine'. Not sure if I'll end up finishing it, but I'm curious enough that I'll keep it in the watchlist.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Schmigadoon felt like it didn’t realize it only had this episode to go back to status quo and went at a 1,000mph to get there. But I didn’t dislike it, and of course ended in the exact way everyone knew it would. Enjoyable stuff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

prom candy posted:

Finished episode 3 of season 2 of Ted Lasso last night and I think I'm done. Season 1 had a nice contrast of Ted being super nice while nearly everyone else was an rear end in a top hat. Now it's just a show where everyone is super nice to each other all the time and there's swelling emotional music in every other scene? Something is really missing in this season. What happened?

Is Nate’s heel turn not enough for you? Tsk!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

could be some trickery to make you think it’s Ted/Rebecca so they can throw a curveball. I like it either way, I just think Ted would be incapable of texting back and forth with someone without them immediately knowing it was him based on his personality (and the fact they know everyone in the team has been asked to use the app)

Loved the ep as always, the gimmick stuff worked well for me. Perfect end to my week, every week.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Now they’re in the championship, they need to do an episode where they play Millwall.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MiddleOne posted:

It is very wild and that is the core reason having wealthy owners with deep pockets is such a core part of the sport. You literally can't compete without wealth behind you, because it's one bad season and your corporate sponsorships dry up.

A key component of why I hate the modern game.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I saw another tweet the other day that said that Roy Kent is not a nice guy, but he is a kind guy. I liked that, as we all know Nice Guys suck. Lets all strive to be Kind Guys instead.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

VagueRant posted:

But the first season wasn't exactly examining this poo poo, it just had a bit more conflict initially with Rebecca.

And I know I personally, watching week to week, was relieved when everything came clean because I really did not want that leaking into s2.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Roy’s reaction after asking ‘are you talking about me?’ killed me each time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They said there were two extra episodes dropped in, so the second it was announced this weeks was focused on him it felt obvious this was the other throwaway one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

blast0rama posted:

Looks like the first episode of the new season of THE MORNING SHOW dropped, too.

For some reason, I was expecting that on the 24th. (Which as I found out, is actually when FOUNDATION drops!)

I was expecting it a few weeks ago, it was appearing in listings for the beginning of the month. Probably got pushed back. I enjoyed the first season and it'll be interesting to see where it goes now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

VagueRant posted:

Hannah Waddingham's slightly manic acceptance speech included a line that feels like it could've been from the show:

Love to see it.

The videos I’ve seen on YouTube of them for EW etc have shown their relationship to be just like the shows, and I love it. Also anything with Brett is hilarious. I don’t usually watch those things, but the Ted ones are a lot of fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

34 / 33 / 36 / 30 / 38 / 35 / 35 / 45 / 43

It’s only the last 2 episodes that have run particularly long. Personally, I love this whole streaming ideology of letting the episode run the length to tell the story. Cutting to 22/44 has always sucked for the viewer.

E: just to note that not a single episode in s1 ran under 30, and this Friday’s episode runs 46 which makes me happy. There’s a clip of it on the Kimmel interview with Hannah and it looks to be a great storyline progression from that.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 23, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Robobot posted:

Yup! But the fact that he's played by Sam Richardson means I will be on that character's side forever.

I haven’t watched the new episode, but I’m marking out already. Amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My only complaint with the episode is I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pinball machine in that kind of place. Loved the episode from start to end.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lutha Mahtin posted:

amusement machines are pretty common in pubs/bars

Yeah usually fruit machines and the like, and back when I was a kid you'd probably get a bootleg street fighter cabinet where left didn't work, I just cannot recall seeing a proper pinball machine in a pub in the last 20 years or so.

Not that I think it's a bad thing, pinball is fun even if I'm very bad at it and I still need to drag friends to the pinball museum that's just down the road from me. Set a trend, Ted!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's been my favorite TV thing of the week all season and helps me wind down on a Friday night, guaranteeing a bunch of actual laughs rather than just appreciation that something is funny. I'm going to miss it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Eh, it just doesn't matter. You could tell me all the football related stuff in advance of however many seasons this runs for and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to me. Which is good, because them getting promoted after the season they had is pretty ridiculous. But it's essentially incidental, which is for the best as getting relegated at the end of last season essentially didn't lead to any actual storylines about the fight back

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

njsykora posted:

In other news I'm glad that the Mariah Carey christmas special looks like it's going to become an annual thing.

gently caress yeah.

I will stand by the 90s Mariah concert in Japan that got a HD release last year being just a stunning release. It’s so rare to get something in that era that was shot on video not look like rear end, and the fact it’s Mariah in her absolute prime? I’m gonna watch it a thousand times.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sad, but ending things on your own term is the dream. It should be a great season for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You might be mixing services as Raised by Wolves was HBO.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah they’ve added some Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds movies too to tie in with the new one they’re in.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Does anyone know if this poster is legit? I looked around the other night and couldn’t see any official source putting it out so gut feeling is a fan image someone has stuck an Apple logo on. Good job regardless, that’s some effort.

https://twitter.com/discorddystopia/status/1603610754770292736?s=46&t=KRh0xG7TFlpgUZe6snaSug

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thanks for the source, some cool images there! Sometimes the spidey senses go off and it just didn’t feel legit (ie ‘coming soon’ for something that probably hasn’t shot a frame yet).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cautiously optimistic for new Lasso, I hope the issues were either dealt with or not as severe as reported (which is quite likely).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Escobarbarian posted:

Hello Tomorrow is interesting but dull. They like…..forgot to write jokes. You’re the Worst creator Stephen Falk was hired as the showrunner for this season so I’m hoping it’ll improve as it moves past the creators’ initial scripts but we’ll see.

I didn’t really get the feeling they were primarily going for humor, just little bits here and there. I mainly was into it for the world, which I definitely dig. That delivery vehicle rules and then lol.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nuts and Gum posted:

lol yeah that 2d driver was great. I’m looking forward to seeing just how big of a scam the moon really is.

Same, at first I was expecting it to be just a huge disappointment when they get there that we might never even see and then it was like oh it really doesn’t go any higher than this one dude who duped some sales people and they just go town to town stealing money.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I didn’t even realize there were 2 more episodes of Hello Tomorrow to watch, yay.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Open Source Idiom posted:

There are lots of bits in the second, and particularly third, episode that made me laugh -- pretty much everything to do with Allison Pill's subplots

I really enjoyed the returning shot of her still on the phone to HQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Escobarbarian posted:

For sure but I figured it was worth mentioning

cba to go into the Lasso thread hut I still haven’t watched the latest episode three days later because of how disappointing this season has been so far lol

If it helps, it’s probably the strongest episode of the season so far.