Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How the gently caress is Phil Bardsley still a premier League player lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
its good to see arsenal, spurs and manu are all trash this year. shame chelsea couldn't join them in the bin

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Only 4 points between 16th and 5th :eyepop:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle are cool and good?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Newcastle are cool and good?

We were dire for parts of the match but as soon as our fowards get some goals and stop being anxious about it things might go well. Europa League in sight lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

We were dire for parts of the match but as soon as our fowards get some goals and stop being anxious about it things might go well. Europa League in sight lol

The last time we played in the Europa league Ryan Taylor got murdered by some Greek clogger so no thanks

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
This saint maximin fella looks really good but can't finish for poo poo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How is Emery not out yet

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Vegetable posted:

How is Emery not out yet

Big stans pulling a passive aggressive be careful what you wish for with the fans so when emerys time is finally up he can install whatever mediocre manager is going to provide the steadiest fiscal return over he next decade without a single complaint.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
being in sixth place is pretty good for Arsenal

higher than they deserve probably

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Vegetable posted:

How is Emery not out yet

Luis Enrique waiting in the wings apparently.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1193459219292397568?s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Won’t make it to December now

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The old vote of confidence.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/TimSpiers/status/1193555383001985029?s=19

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Anyone know if there is a goon fantasy premier league this year?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

M4nchester City

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Poop Fraudiola and Manchester lovely

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

wooger posted:

Anyone know if there is a goon fantasy premier league this year?

The real thing is already a goon fantasy

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Anyone know what happened to Said and Done? It was a series of articles on the Guardian highlighting what someone in the world of football said, then actually did. A lot of Italian owners backing their manager then sacking him a day later.

Hasn’t been updated since 2018.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Anyone know what happened to Said and Done? It was a series of articles on the Guardian highlighting what someone in the world of football said, then actually did. A lot of Italian owners backing their manager then sacking him a day later.

They said they were gonna keep writing them

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Big Huski Boi posted:

Lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Big Huski Boi posted:

:discourse:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

:five:

I need my fix of Romanian club owners doing insane poo poo

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Liverpool's toughest remaining matches:
at City, April 4 (Probably going to be City's best chance to grab hold of the title race, barring City getting incandescently hot/Liverpool turning into Liverpoo)
at Leicester December 26 (Leicester could very, very easily win this and it would have a big ol' impact on the title chase)
at Spurs, January 11
at Arsenal, May 2 (bump this one up a bit if Liverpool have an opportunity to bottle the title)
vs Chelsea, May 9 (bump this one up a bunch if Chelsea stays this good/Liverpool have an opportunity to bottle the title)
at Everton, March 14
vs United, Jan 19
at Wolves, Jan 23
vs Everton, December 4 (They should win this since it's at the Kop, but it's the only game where they're less than ~60% to win until after Christmas, they've got Palace away, Brighton home, and Bournemouth away prior to then).

It's only November, and Liverpool is going to have fixture congestion to end all fixture congestion from mid-December through early February, but I don't think there's a single Liverpool fan out there who has a legitimate complaint at this point. Fingers crossed that they have enough depth to not get worn down by playing 65+ matches in a season.

Big Huski Boi posted:

That's some real good posting, OP.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That Leicester game is going to be a killer. Right in the heart of the fixture congestion, Leicester surging, and with them having about fifteen separate points to prove. A point would be massive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do Liverpool benefit from the winter break or is that club world cup time?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

Do Liverpool benefit from the winter break or is that club world cup time?

The winter break is literally one weekend. They still get it, I think part of the reason they chose the split squad option for the CWC/league Cup was to keep the break.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Club World Cup is December 18th and 21st in Qatar. Which should be a reasonable 25c/77f, so at least the players don't die of heat stroke.

They've got a match vs Aston Villa to make up in the League Cup, and vs West Ham in the League, so they're not getting much break in the winter session. Especially if they beat Villa in the League Cup and make the two legged semis.

edit: Hadn't realized they were doing split squad for the League Cup/CWC. That makes sense, though makes it harder to do the SEXTUPLE.

e2: It sounds like FIFA might be allowing them to have different squads for the semis and the finals, which would be probably the best solution? Play the League Cup with the squad you'd play normally, then play Monterrey or whoever in the semis with the split squad of backups and kids, and then have a mostly full strength but jet lagged squad for the CWC final//3rd place game.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 11, 2019

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
having the semi finals for the league cup split over 2 legs is still one of the stupidest decisions the FA has made.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I don’t know, but this just reminded me of how interesting the Guardian’s football coverage used to be. It’s really poo poo these days.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A bunch of their writers got poached to the athletic

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

A bunch of their writers got poached to the athletic

And nothing of value was lost

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

having the semi finals for the league cup split over 2 legs is still one of the stupidest decisions the FA has made.

The FA don't run the League Cup, clue's in the name.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

blue footed boobie posted:

I don’t know, but this just reminded me of how interesting the Guardian’s football coverage used to be. It’s really poo poo these days.

:agreed:

It's pretty bad these days, which makes me sad. I still get the Fiver and occasionally listen to their podcast but the drop in quality has been substantial.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

oliwan posted:

And nothing of value was lost

oliwan, having turned off his monitor.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I'm approaching Peak Boomin’ status, lads, we seem well ahead of schedule.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The FA don't run the League Cup, clue's in the name.

Ok, having the semi finals for the league cup split over 2 legs is still one of the stupidest decisions the EFL has made.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hard to believe the EFL and the FA would be coordinating their respective cups entirely in a vacuum as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol Trippier gets called Rooney at Atletico because it was the only english player diego costa knew the name of so called him that

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/11/kieran-trippier-atletico-madrid-tottenham-rooney-darts-interview