Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

oliveoil posted:

What does it take?

Hey.

Hey buddy.

Why do you think you are better than the rest of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Saladman posted:

There is still a LOT of R&D in Switzerland. How much pharma R&D is done in Switzerland versus like, India? It doesn’t really matter where a chemical is made, if you could do it 10x cheaper in a secret lab in Bangalore, then companies would.

Shadowrun mission prompt detected.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Helsing posted:

I'm having trouble visualizing this, maybe we can develop an analogy to make it easier to understand. Let's imagine attention as a stream of, oh I don't know, ping pong balls being fired constantly at whatever object you're giving attention to. Yeah that sounds good, it would be a "ping pong ball" economy, so to speak. I'm amazed nobody has ever thought of that before.

I think we need to stream a skype conversation about this.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

If you have 10.000 dollars and you give a beggar 50 dollars, you're giving them 0,5% of your money.

If you were a billionaire the same percentage would be 5 million dollars.

If you are Bill Gates it would be 540 million dollars.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Prostrate yourself before your betters!