Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i forgot to post yesterday

eat poo poo pitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m late, but gently caress duke.

i am late too and also gently caress duke

but also WVU is good again and fun, go the mountaineers

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

Big XII is insanely deep this year. Going to need to go 8-10 in conference to overcome a poor non-conference, plus win the SEC matchup to make the NIT. Anyone in the Big XII that can make 9 wins in conference will probably be in the NCAA's (except ISU and KSU, who would be bubble on the outside teams).

e: haha, just saw that y'all got Auburn. That sucks.

death to the conference

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

death to the conference

double posting, but man it's the same loving poo poo every year and i would way rather get screwed over in the acc every year than this poo poo because at least they don't try and hide it

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

lotta whining from a guy who's going to get a guaranteed win over kansas in morgantown this year

yeah but we don't get it handed to us by officiating

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

nah just your plane ride to get to there

I'm so pissed I can't watch this, gently caress ESPN.

the hell of it is i don't even hate kansas. i just hate this bullshit conference and their absolute refusal to do things that would fix it. like having our own officials who were accountable to the conference.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

Tech drops to Baylor by 5. Neither team broke 60. Had it within 2 with 30 seconds left, but couldn't finish it off.

WVU and Tech may end with both teams under 50

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

I didn't watch the ISU-KU game last night, and I'm glad I didn't. Going to be a loooong season.

Good News, Fellow Big XII Poster...

My Handy Dandy Guide to The Big XII Is Out

Big XII Power Rankings Week 1
1.Baylor Bears, 11-1 In Smoking Musket’s last edition, I said there was a good argument for putting the Bears on top. That argument is even stronger now. In fact, Baylor has one of the best arguments to be #1 in the nation. Scott Drew’s squad are the only team to have beaten 4 Top 25 teams and their lone loss was to Washington, way back on November 8, in Alaska.
2.Kansas Jayhawks, 12-2 The Jayhawks want to reclaim what is, to them, essentially a birthright in the Big XII regular season title. After watching them against WVU, they absolutely have the ability to do that but I am really curious to see if they can get road wins against Baylor, WVU and Texas Tech.
3.West Virginia Mountaineers, 12-2
4.Texas Tech Red Raiders, 10-4 Since losing three straight, the Red Raiders have won five of their last six, including the upset of Louisville in NYC and gave Baylor a scare in Lubbock. They also had close calls against Southern Miss and UT-Rio Grande Valley. The scheduling gods also gave them WVU immediately after Baylor (on the Road) and then later rewarded them with Kentucky and WVU again four days later.
5.Oklahoma Sooners, 11-3 The Sooners separated themselves a little bit with wins over Kansas State and Texas. Up next, Ames then home to face Kansas.
6.TCU Horned Frogs, 11-3 TCU gets the nod at number 6 for being undefeated in the league even if both of those wins came but just 2 points each and against the worst two teams in the conference. Still this is a results oriented industry and those are games you must win if you don’t want to go to the NIT.
7.Oklahoma State Cowboys, 9-5 After winning the first seven games, the Cowboys have won just 2 out of their last 7 games. In fairness, all five of those loses came to likely tournament teams. A road test versus TCU is a chance to course correct.
8. Texas Longhorns, 10-4 The Baylor loss was ugly, but not unexpected. Losing to Oklahoma at home for the first time in four years, though, has absolutely turned up the heat on Shaka Smart.
9. Kansas State Wildcats, 7-7 Pros: not the worst team in the league. Cons: Probably eliminated from NIT or NCAA contention already.
10. Iowa State Cyclones, 7-7 I always kind of wondered how long it would take for Hoiberg’s aura to wear off or if Prohm was legit. Think I am finally getting my answer.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

But I thought Rutgers already owns the NYC market

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Dropping in to say WVU is very good, but not great this year. Also our game versus Buffalo has been canceled and we replaced them with *checks notes* Northeastern.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

On paper, this team was NCAA quality. In reality, we didn't play basketball for a month, and have still only played 15 games to this point. Just a total waste of a season.

thread title imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

dropping by to lol heartily at texas blowing a 19 point lead at home