Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I was away on a business trip so I couldn't make the 6th, but I'm back now and should have it out by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Yeah, Yeah, I'm late. I'll make up for it, I promise!

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

That's probably why canada post wouldn't ship food. the agriculture bros are probably going all out looking for avocados evading the tariffs.

I was gonna say, I hadn't really had a problem shipping snacks stateside so something definitely changed. Probably safe to blame trump.
Also yeah, The PC Loads Of are def the best representation of those flavors.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Canada Post won't ship snacks and candy to the US anymore? What? Did they catch on to the fact I was shipping Kinder Surprises to American santees in year's past?

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

Fermented Tinal posted:

Canada Post won't ship snacks and candy to the US anymore? What? Did they catch on to the fact I was shipping Kinder Surprises to American santees in year's past?

American kids can't handle Kinder Surprise eggs.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

^^ They're selling them here! ^^^

Yay! Mine showed up today! -From the bottom of the world (well, nearly) :sandance:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fermented Tinal posted:

There's no reason for them not to, but locally they seem to be trying extra hard to be useless lately. Our post box got busted open last year and it took nearly a month to get fixed, during which time the local post office, and postal head office kept claiming the mail was being held at the other one

In the end the snacks made it, just at a little higher cost, despite US customs loving up the square peg in square hole game. I used a TV box specifically because the wrench jammed into the styrofoam so perfectly that it would protect the snacks and prevent the wrench from making an escape. I just saw so much hosed up stuff is a courier, i tried hedging bets with over-packaging.

Hopefully you don't get addicted to the chips, or crackers because it's a hell of a drive for another bag. I go through so many rice crackers are this point, i try to buy them from a different store every time so i don't get branded "the rice cracker guy"

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Powershift posted:

The chips are the best versions of the best common Canadian chip varietals.

Then why did you buy him PC instead of Ruffles?

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Lies. Those PC ones are the best by far. That and Arriba old Dutch chips. Frito lay can gently caress off.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fermented Tinal posted:

Because the PC "Loads of..." are way better than anything ruffles puts out.

I'm still(only mildly) upset that they killed the Loads of dill pickle.

disclaimer: i bought 5 bags of each and stuffed the box with as many as i could, so i'm getting even fatter off my own stash of them right now

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 11, 2019

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

There's no reason for them not to, but locally they seem to be trying extra hard to be useless lately. Our post box got busted open last year and it took nearly a month to get fixed, during which time the local post office, and postal head office kept claiming the mail was being held at the other one

US customs bounced back something being sent to me from the US recently, Canada customs spent like a week looking at a box, and now Canada Post doesn't know where that box is anymore, nearly a week after that.

I assume the holidays is just some kind of massive fuckfest where they hire anyone who can fog a mirror.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

US customs bounced back something being sent to me from the US recently, Canada customs spent like a week looking at a box, and now Canada Post doesn't know where that box is anymore, nearly a week after that.

I assume the holidays is just some kind of massive fuckfest where they hire anyone who can fog a mirror.

This happened to me for a package from rockauto. It was shipped by landmark to the border, transferred to UPS, refused by Canadian customs, and then just *poof* gone.

I'm done with cross border shipping of anything at this point even though purolator did well in this case. I'm going to start making semi-regular trips to Kalispell like everybody else.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My dude to which is my recipient; now that my tortuous week of work is over (and the whole ‘total my car’ thing is nearly done) I promise I’m gonna find you a very dope Christmas gift and you will have it before the fat man comes down your chimney hole. I’ve studied your post history. It’s gonna be a challenge but you’ll be stoked.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Mine's ready to go, I just need to get my rear end to a post office. I will soon, Santee, I promise!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Looks like most of my assorted crap has arrived, the card and notes time he to the rest of it are going it this weekend.

Sorry Santee, I hope you enjoy the random rear end packages you've been getting.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Sgt Fox posted:

Lies. Those PC ones are the best by far. That and Arriba old Dutch chips. Frito lay can gently caress off.

Old Dutch and then PC for everything except all dressed and ketchup. PC ketchup chips taste like that weird off-brand bulk ketchup that chip trucks in the middle of nowhere have.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Dear Santee, your package has been given to Immortan Joe...errr Santa...errr Canada Post.

As soon as I got back from dropping the gift off, Felix informed me that something from Amazon had arrived.

Felix also insisted on opening it up!

I spy a Porsche!

And super loving bright flashlights, drat.

Both are most excellent. Thank you to whoever you are! I could not find a note of any kind.
As soon as I have the 911 assembled, I will post a picture of it sitting on the Macans bonnet.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I’ve been wondering, is there a big reveal of who’s who or is that up to us?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

nitsuga posted:

I’ve been wondering, is there a big reveal of who’s who or is that up to us?

Up to you bro

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

McTinkerson posted:

Dear Santee, your package has been given to Immortan Joe...errr Santa...errr Canada Post.

As soon as I got back from dropping the gift off, Felix informed me that something from Amazon had arrived.

Felix also insisted on opening it up!

I spy a Porsche!

And super loving bright flashlights, drat.

Both are most excellent. Thank you to whoever you are! I could not find a note of any kind.
As soon as I have the 911 assembled, I will post a picture of it sitting on the Macans bonnet.

Dear Mr Brappington,

Happy Aissmas!!!!

Enjoy the stuff, that hopefully is a little bit fun and/or useful. There should also be a second, smaller package on the way!

Apologies for the lack of a note, lack of dicks and lack of festive cheer! I submitted the order and it would not let me edit it afterwards. Classic e-commerce.

Yours truly,
slothrop

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.
I remember in the past people used to include a note or a card to reveal who they were.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I got one - it's excellent - but couldn't remember if we could/should reveal. I'll post photos when I can. :)

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

PainterofCrap posted:

I got one - it's excellent - but couldn't remember if we could/should reveal. I'll post photos when I can. :)

Did both parts arrive?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Echotic posted:

Did both parts arrive?

Uh...The flat part, complete with excellent & anatomically correct green sharpie graphics, did. There's another part?

Because drat, what's there is most excellent. My wife was impressed & touched (as was I). She thought the art was a hoot :)

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

PainterofCrap posted:

Uh...The flat part, complete with excellent & anatomically correct green sharpie graphics, did. There's another part?

Because drat, what's there is most excellent. My wife was impressed & touched (as was I). She thought the art was a hoot :)

Should have been a 'box o crap' from Amazon as well. If theres any issues ill find the tracking email. :ohdearsass:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Echotic posted:

Should have been a 'box o crap' from Amazon as well. If theres any issues ill find the tracking email. :ohdearsass:

Will keep my eyes peeled for such, from your neck of the woods.

Merry Christmas!

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

PainterofCrap posted:

Will keep my eyes peeled for such, from your neck of the woods.

Merry Christmas!

Should have been delivered on the 8th. I've asked Slothrop to pass on the tracking info. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Merry Christmas

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
All I know is that my package left the country nearly a week ago, so in theory it's somewhere near its destination now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Big thanks to my Santa Bajaha

Got some local brews from manitoba, a boroscope, and a gift from the methheads of manitoba. Also some delicious soap. I just wish i read the note before i ate half of it.

the scope looks small enough to get inside glow plug holes, so it'll hopefully get is some pictures inside a powerstroke in spring.

Thanks very much Bajaha, it's awesome. Hopefully the beer is as delicious as the soap was.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The Pony Express finally rolled into town and my gift is now complete, package is shipping out this weekend

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Echotic posted:

Should have been delivered on the 8th. I've asked Slothrop to pass on the tracking info. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Merry Christmas

My apologies, Echotic, it was intercepted by my wife and stuck in her pile!

CHRISTMAS JOY!

(for the record, Pinapple Lumps are damned tasty!)

This will be hung outside soon, to confuse St. Nick. In the meantime, tree trimming is complete!

:new zealand:

A Happy Christmas to you, & yours, Echotic!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Got my package today! Thanks IOwnCalculus! I'll post pictures this weekend of my new shop art but for now proof of delivery - I showed my new license plate to our old Jack Russell and she was very impressed.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

Thanks very much Bajaha, it's awesome. Hopefully the beer is as delicious as the soap was.

Glad you like it! The beer is straight from the brewery and I can vouch it's quite tasty, I'm quite fond of the blueberry in particular. The camera definitely comes in handy if you ever have to track a leak, find a missing 10mm in the bowels of the bay, or just like poking around and looking at stuff.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

A good dogge :3:

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

PainterofCrap posted:

CHRISTMAS JOY!

Glad to see it did get there. Feel free to share the other part of your gift if you feel so inclined. Stoked to see you enjoyed it all!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Santa came!

This is perfect! Thank you.
I already read the first bit of Traffic to my kid and she loves it.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

PainterofCrap posted:

(for the record, Pinapple Lumps are damned tasty!)

A Happy Christmas to you, & yours, Echotic!

for a pro level Pineapple Lump experience, eat them directly from the freezer

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Finally got my package out. gently caress FedEx.

Hope you enjoy, santee. I'll have to explain some of it, which I'll do when you post.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I was a bit concerned since I shipped on the 5th, and last I checked the package ceased tracking at departure from an international airport a few days later... But I just checked again and it's been making a circuitous tour of the entire USA.

HOPEFULLY it has now left our borders and will be delivered this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

slothrop posted:

Dear Mr Brappington,

Happy Aissmas!!!!

Enjoy the stuff, that hopefully is a little bit fun and/or useful. There should also be a second, smaller package on the way!

Apologies for the lack of a note, lack of dicks and lack of festive cheer! I submitted the order and it would not let me edit it afterwards. Classic e-commerce.

Yours truly,
slothrop

Both are most excellent! I'm about to start assembling the Porsche 930.

Semi related, delivery for my santees gift is December 20, apparently.