Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Part II: The Flat Part
starring Echotic
Upon opening the envelope, you are greeted thusly:

:nws::nws:

The thoughtful artwork continues! Genuinely blown away by the time taken to carve out cardboard:

...complete with glossary!

This is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to see. I really appreciate the time, effort and humour. It means a great deal.

And if I'm ever in New Zealand, we can have a pint while comparing tread depths!

P.S. the Anzac poppy bears a striking resemblance to the souvenirs handed out by veterans here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
My tracking still just says "yeah, it left the UK on the 7th" with no further updates. It was supposed to be on about a 5-day lead time. Hmmm.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Just mailed mine

Sorry for the delay Santee, I tried on Saturday but the line was like an hour long and my wife insisted I had things to do.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

This has been my poorest showing of AI:SS and I am publicly posting my shame.

I purchased a gift that seemed cool from ETSY that was purely based on the "Ships in one business day" only to find out it is one of those B-hole sellers that will invoice your order and print a shipping label off just so that the tracking number is in the system but they don't actually ship it for DAYS :argh:. This will be a two parter. My Etsy package is showing out for delivery today which means I should be able to get it in the mail tomorrow and fingers crossed arrive before Christmas with my express shipping.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I was going to mail mine out today but the weather got the better of me. I'm stuck at home with the kiddo and I'm not taking her out in this poo poo just to drop off a package.
I'll do it tomorrow.
I'll make sure it gets there by christmas though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

Part II: The Flat Part
starring Echotic
Upon opening the envelope, you are greeted thusly:

:nws::nws:

The thoughtful artwork continues! Genuinely blown away by the time taken to carve out cardboard:

...complete with glossary!

This is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to see. I really appreciate the time, effort and humour. It means a great deal.

And if I'm ever in New Zealand, we can have a pint while comparing tread depths!

P.S. the Anzac poppy bears a striking resemblance to the souvenirs handed out by veterans here.

That is a pro packing job. :golfclap:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Package is on its way to the Santee!
I realised in my little card that explains what things are I forgot to explain the one item that probably needs it the most.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I paid for 1 day shipping on Friday and they've not even tried to deliver it yet, jeez you'd think they were busy or something :v:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

cakesmith handyman posted:

I paid for 1 day shipping on Friday and they've not even tried to deliver it yet, jeez you'd think they were busy or something :v:

They must have heard you!

A mysterious package arrived in the garden shed

A large quantity of steam related swag!
The mug of which is undergoing immediate tea testing

I have actually visited Foxfield in the past so glad that this box supported them.

I wonder which will be demolished first - this box of toffee or my fillings?

Thanks Cakesmith!

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Shipped. I included the specifically weird. Had to wait for the baking party to make the snack. I also forgot a note.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I realized I didn't include a note either... too rushed getting it out, I guess. Mine was delivered a couple of days ago, just gotta wait for the santee to post.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just sent mine out! Should arrive friday. Its not much since my life has been in shambles lately, but hopefully my santee likes it.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Apparently I've got a package waiting at the post office that I was never notified was delivered. I suspect this is an AI:SS gift, I'll claim it tomorrow and confirm.

Edit: looks like a false alarm, thanks AusPost

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 19, 2019

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Glad to see it! I actually forgot I'd printed the little plaque.

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

I'm an awful Santa, but I've finally shipped my stuff! It should arrive before Christmas (fingers crossed).

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

To the recipient of my gift, it has been dispatched into the capable(?) hands of the postal service betwixt two nations. May it fly upon you speedily :moonrio:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm a crap Santa but the first wave of stuff is out.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

To the recipient of my gift, it has been dispatched into the capable(?) hands of the postal service betwixt two nations. May it fly upon you speedily :moonrio:

:same:

e: except domestic shipping

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Another package has arrived!

Let's see what's inside.

10mm sockets! Thank you slothrop! You can never have enough! I also didn't have a short 1/2 drive one. They are both greatly appreciated.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

McTinkerson posted:

Another package has arrived!

Let's see what's inside.

10mm sockets! Thank you slothrop! You can never have enough! I also didn't have a short 1/2 drive one. They are both greatly appreciated.

You’re more than welcome. Sorry there was not a more coherent delivery/note.

I really wanted to get you a ‘my other car is a Mazda’ sign to put in the back of your Macan but I couldn’t find a decent one that would ship to Canada.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Work and family friendly:

NOT WORK OR FAMILY FRIENDLY:

Thank you, superdylan! I'm now a Hot Wheels collector, and once the condiments thaw (MN winters are for real), I'll start trying them on everything I can think of. I'll have to give some thought as to where to put those stickers too. Can't wait to get the tremolo pedal put together either.

The Door Frame posted:

My gift just arrived yesterday, thank you Santa!!

Also, hey! Still working on my copy of the book. The audiobook is well worth it too if you're into that sort of thing.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Dearest Santee,

All your random gifts have arrived, I am sending out the card to tie them all together shortly.

Apologies on the random shipping assortment vs all in one box this year.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
A package has arrived. I'll open it soon.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Looks like your parcel arrived santee!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Whooo! It has arrived! Thanks Santa!

Can't get enough of these schraubendreher and I'm honestly surprised I haven't lost the 10mm yet... wait a second, it was just here?! bah. Love it all! I'll definitely have to make time for the vintage racing weekend this coming year, should be a blast to watch, I heard this years was a blast but unfortunately didn't make it.

Indeed a curator with impeccable taste :perfect:

The completely ordinary bolt does come with some interesting markings, can't say I've ever noticed the same on the other bolts I've come across. Anybody know the significance of A B 3 I U 6 radially printed on the head, genuinely curious what it signifies.

I'm like... 99% sure I know who my santa is but the note did not include a forum name, so Santa, reveal yourself!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Received an amazing gift, will post photos when I’m not on mobile.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Gift opened. Gnarly, you're loving awesome. Pictures once I get to my shop.

::edit:: had to take my mom to an oncologist appointment, apologies for the delay.

Without further ado, I present GnarlyCharlie4U and the amazing technicolor hubcap
A box with an odd "to" field:

A cornucopia of edibles (not those kinds) and some other assorted trinkets:

The Berger Chocolate cremes are amazing. The stroopwaffels are relevant, as we just got back from Dutch-owned Bonaire.
Much love for the Martin's chips too, I grew up right on the VA/WV border. I'm a huge fan of the Rt11 chips too.
I'll demo the phone case, my ThinFit is starting to crack.
Love that you included the necessary hardware.
And Swedish fish, nice!

A felt-lined box with some other stuff and some :krad: stickers:

A card:

Dude, everyone hates loving glitter. It's called Glerpes in my household: Glitter Herpes.

gently caress you:

A hubcap, PSU, remote (with spare battery):

Back of hubcap:

Bonus Points for using Cat5 cable for some of the extension cables.

Bonus Cat Tax:

Plug it in, hit the remote, instant party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIxCUaTMIYU
Give it a few, uploading now.

This is going up in my shop. I'd like to add a clock movement to it, but it's going up now regardless. Thank Gnarly!

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 21, 2019

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Bajaha posted:

I'm like... 99% sure I know who my santa is but the note did not include a forum name, so Santa, reveal yourself!

Glad it arrived in one piece! I bought the same set of Wera screwdrivers a while back and they set me down a path of acquiring more and more quality tools :homebrew:

Bolt is a titanium aerospace fastener a friend gave me that was destined for scrap.

I'm hoping to actually drive my car to some shows and events this summer, I'll have to send you an event calendar :toot:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
A stripper told me that you can use fabric softener sheets to pick up glitter.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Tracking indicates that my Santees gift has been delivered!

slothrop, I'm sorry that I haven't had time to build and get you pictures of the 930 sitting on the Macan.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I got a package today!

My cats were very interested

Inside the box were:

- A book on how to build an electric car... copyright 1994. Maybe things have changed a little since then? Really interesting read.
- five 10mm sockets, four of which made their way into the toolbox. The fifth is lost (I kid, it's in there too)
- A bunch of really cool stickers (I love stickers and cover my garage shelves with them)
- An old Nevada license plate (I actually do have a bunch of old plates and I want to mount them to my garage wall sometime, so this is awesome)
- A vintage oil filter wrench. This is really interesting because I was cleaning out my grandpa's garage a couple of months ago and I found one just like it that was his dad's.
- Some apparently illegal hand cleaner

Thank you Mr. Wiggles! This is some great stuff!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
While I was at work yesterday, I got a notification a package had arrived, anticipation builds!

A lovely card, turns out InitialDave pulled a swifty and didn't swap with anybody, very clever!

Some flags and some great cars! I will share these with my nephew because I'm a nice uncle. I really like the Merc 220, and I like that it's Ewy Rosquist's car.

Some car care stuff, is the red thing a JDM road flare container?

Lookit all this amazing swag! I'm in the market for a tool chest, so this will go a long way to decorating it!

Real Aston Martin Leather! These turn into some sort of abstract cow?

Oh My

And the piece de resistance...

There were also some delicious looking chocolates, that I fear may be a puddle. Yesterday peaked at like 42 degrees science and when I picked up the metal shifter knob, I burned the 10 speed pattern into my hand like that scene out of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

InitialDave, you've outdone yourself, thank-you very much!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Glad you like it! The chocolate should all be in individual wrappers, so hopefully if you put in the fridge they'll at least somewhat reconstitute like some kind of cocoa-based T1000 and still be edible, if not pretty.

Yes, the red thing is a JDM road flare container, though unfortunately I couldn't do anything with actual flares, as people writing rules get twitchy about them setting fire to things. Feels like a moot point for Australia at present, but ah well.

The leather offcuts should fold up per the instructions, assuming I didn't balls them up. (Fun fact, a long time ago, I had a job making die cut interior trim pieces for AM, though these are from their in-house trim shop at the new site).

Merry Christmas! I myself have what I think may be my SS gift to go and retrieve from the post office, so if you've sent me something and I've not said about it, please stand by, I think that's it waiting for me.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Dear Santee, I am a terrible Santa this year. It's in the mail and I forgot to include my note.

Meant to mail it out a week and a half ago and I'm just incredibly lazy.

I also received my gift from Santa Fox two weeks ago and haven't posted about it because I am also a terrible Santee. However, I did thank him on slack. I'll take some pictures and post them in a bit. One of his gifts didn't last very long and I had to eat all of it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

A box appeared!

Duct tape on a Rockauto box? Must be AISSmas!

Hell yes

A very choice set of Hot Wheels.

A stack of chili mango suckers, tamarind candy, murica-Friendly Kinder eggs, tea which my wife has already laid claim to, and macadamia cookies. And a not edible at all coaster.

Last but definitely not least, a Lego Ferrari and a card explaining the motives of a most successful Santa.

Thanks, A Small Car!

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

That arrived earlier than expected! The coaster is so you have a memento of the worst college team in the nation, and somewhere to put down a mug of that tea :D (I wanted to get two, but there was only one that wasn't garbage. Somehow that's perfect for UTEP though). My niece is the same age as your daughter, so I mostly tried to pick stuff that seemed suitable or that you two could do together, I'm glad you like it!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

sharkytm posted:

Plug it in, hit the remote, instant party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIxCUaTMIYU

It came out better than expected, I'll be honest. I forgot to include rubber feet to space it out away from the wall in case you want more than the lip of the hubcap to illuminate.
If you can manage to find something to space it out at least a half inch then the whole wall surrounding it should be illuminated.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Santa did indeed come last week, but I couldn't post since I was sick as hell.

Thank you, McTinkerson! This is totally baller! An awesome assortment of Hot Wheels, three badass keychains (Mazda, Isuzu [I have no idea how you managed that but it's sooo cool] and a motorcycle keychain which asks what we say to the god of death), stickers, Land Rover and Porsche swag, a Jag model, GT6!!!!!! it's all great!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Santa did indeed come last week, but I couldn't post since I was sick as hell.

Thank you, McTinkerson! This is totally baller! An awesome assortment of Hot Wheels, three badass keychains (Mazda, Isuzu [I have no idea how you managed that but it's sooo cool] and a motorcycle keychain which asks what we say to the god of death), stickers, Land Rover and Porsche swag, a Jag model, GT6!!!!!! it's all great!

The Isuzu looks like an FDM 3D Printed model. Pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
A package arrives!

A Lego guardsman, from Hamleys in Lahhhhndan

A... rock?

Miniature NAWZ bottle!

It unscrews to hide things in it!

A socket. 10mm. It immediately went missing.

A Christmas tree ornament depicting a lighthouse:

A fridge magnet (Ahaha, I know where you're from, now, Santa! Ulverston DickFest!)

Card-type multitool:

Interestingly, unlike similar ones I've seen, one of the tools on it is a saw. Hmm.

Some toffee flavour vodka (or is is a liqueur? Will investigate and find out!)

gently caress yes, I love me some naval hardware poo poo:

And lastly, the card (I was told to open it last) revealing both the origins of certain elements, and who Santa is!

Thanks, Freelop!