Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

roads and ziplines are fuckin epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

building roads is really cathartic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

especially bc a lot of the roads also wind up looking loving rad bc they float weirdly over the environment

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

building roads is really cathartic

It’s probably my favorite part of the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I set up an epic zip line network around the mountains
yeah I went from the spiritualist down to the waystation north of her purely so I could set up and finish my zip line chain that would allow me to cross the entire mountain and down to the mountain city without stopping. I'll probably never use the entire northern route again

also Deadman cornering Sam awkwardly and ranting about organ transplants and stem cells ftw.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

EmmyOk posted:

Lol i love death stranding. Serious feels gaming after a hard journey when Kojimas favourite indie bands start playing

Got to my room after traveling through that pass. Put on some soft indie rock, slipped into the shower to wash off the gunk, slammed 3 cans of monster energy drink, and took a fat dump.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Furious posted:

Got to my room after traveling through that pass. Put on some soft indie rock, slipped into the shower to wash off the gunk, slammed 3 cans of monster energy drink, and took a fat dump.
nice. did you play any death stranding afterwards?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

companion cube... the cake is a fuckin lie. pc gaming ftw

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i did enjoy the little "i see you like half life" nod to mgs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Princess beach

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lunchmeat larry and princess beach

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I just finished this after like 2 weeks of sporadic playing. my final session was like 6hr long this afternoon. what a wonderful game :stwoon:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nice. did you play any death stranding afterwards?

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Playthrough took 100 hrs, 5 starred all locations. wish it wasn't over but it was a good journey

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In the middle of the ending cutscenes now... hell of a game. Plot is very backloaded, guess that's just Kojima's thing now? Not a big deal

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I'm about 20 hours in and whenever I'm not playing this game I'm thinking about it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

i am buy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

secret ending unlocked

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i want to play this game again but just deliver packages and build roads and ziplines, what's the best chapter to just do that forever for

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i want to play this game again but just deliver packages and build roads and ziplines, what's the best chapter to just do that forever for
Uh post game or the end of chapter 8 which is just before endgame

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I drove my truck over a cliff like an rear end in a top hat and it blew up but the 2 hover carts i kept stashed in there were enough for me to carry on with all the most important cargo and supplies. i love this game

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I started playing this. These character names are loving wild.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

I started playing this. These character names are loving wild.

It’s the future.

And it’s the future repeating the past. You are what you do. Growing up i was always told my German last name meant “mayor” but it’s actually more like “tax collector” (Schulz > Schultheiss > Schulten = debts, heissen = to name or to call, i.e. “debt caller”) and this game was actually the thing that made me look into it more deeply in the first place.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

It’s the future.

And it’s the future repeating the past. You are what you do. Growing up i was always told my German last name meant “mayor” but it’s actually more like “tax collector” (Schulz > Schultheiss > Schulten = debts, heissen = to name or to call, i.e. “debt caller”) and this game was actually the thing that made me look into it more deeply in the first place.

The president of America is named "Bridget Bridges" you maniac

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s the future.

Actually it's Jedi Knight Luigi.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://deathstranding.fandom.com/wiki/Jake_Wind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

The president of America is named "Bridget Bridges" you maniac

Yeah and she builds bridges. Next question?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah and she builds bridges. Next question?

It's genius.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It’s the future.

I'm going to have you murdered

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
No I’m a master now.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

It’s the future.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The Loving Look Will Post :niggly:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

It’s the future.

Cool Shirtman

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I got across the lake and instantly teleported back so I can do more standard deliveries.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
think i'm becoming a mule

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

me at ten hours: lol people got addicted to deliveries, thats ridiculous
me after 5*ing everything: https://i.imgur.com/kkaiRv4.mp4

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

Absolutely. I hear Geoff Keighley tell me that this is loving mint and I'm already worried about where the next fix is coming from

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Just got to the spot where you get the floating cargo thing. I immediately surfed one down the next huge pristine slope and slammed straight into a boulder at the bottom, yard sale'ing all of my cargo. BB started screaming while a Low Roar song played out and I just sat stunned in the dark at how sick this game is.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Fungah! posted:

off topic but was that in the game i don't remember what snake was so upset about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Maya Fey posted:

off topic but was that in the game i don't remember what snake was so upset about

It’s not in the game at all sadly. I think Africa was supposed to be way more effed up