Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
Anyone have a new Grail? Size L by chance? I cant seem to see the stem length anywhere

Looking at new gravel bike and am a sucker for integrated storage etc, and have a preference for 2x electric shifting. But the one piece bar and stem is always a concern from a direct to consumer company as can’t really test it.

Or do I just go with a Revolt Pro as I can get one at an LBS

There seems to be a lack of 2x electric group set gravel bikes out there :( (well without getting too crazy price wise).

In NZ as well so don’t really get good deals with more low key brands with shipping and exchange rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

Heliosicle posted:

Size L

Spacer in mm
Cockpit Dimensions
70-440
Crank Length in mm
[Etc]

So 70mm stem, which I guess means they have quite high reach to account for the short stem.
It's under Geometry & dimensions>Component dimensions

The wide bars on the new Grail would put me off a bit, especially since they're integrated

It looks like the current Revolt has 2x at least

Ahhh cheers, I thought I had looked all over that page must have somehow missed it.

Yeah the width I'm comfortable with as already ride with 440mm.

The TT length with that stem length puts it in the realm of my current dimensions but yeah always a roll of the dice with integrated bar and stem if I can't try it before buying.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

wooger posted:

The fit is nearly guaranteed to be wrong with stock barstems, just as it is with stock handlebars and stems almost all the time. I don’t see any benefit in a barstem on a gravel bike which won’t be particularly light or aerodynamic in any scenario.

The size L is a 70mm stem and 44cm bars. Short stem but the frame is at least 30mm longer than normal road geometry to adjust for that. I wouldn’t want 44cm bars ever personally.

Also, a size L Canyon is massive, for people of about 6’3”+. How tall are you?

Yeah have been playing around with the geometry, and its slightly off my current gravel bike fit (the dotted line if the Grail). I already use a 44cm bar so that's not so much an issue.

https://imgur.com/a/KkhcXKX

Using the Canyon 'fit system' it has put me smack bang in the middle of large (6'2", 88cm inseam). I think with my height, I'd be maxing out the seatpost on an M frame.