Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Can anyone recommend some tough 650b tires? I’ve tried Panaracer’s Gravel Kings tubeless twice now, and both times I’ve gotten a cut that won’t seal less than a week into using them.

I’m doing around 10-20 miles a day, mostly on the road with some trails. I keep the tires at around 40 PSI. I’m using Stan’s sealant. Maybe I’m doing something wrong? Maybe it’s just bad luck. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Mederlock posted:

What's your tire width? How did you settle on 40 PSI for your tires?

650x47cc. I looked at a chart online that said I should be between 35-45 PSI for my weight, but I don't really know what the gently caress I'm doing.

A MIRACLE posted:

what if you weigh 200 lbs

Yeah, I'm over 200.

Clark Nova posted:

specialized sawtooth? I got a pair when specialized had them on sale for $12 each. I can't really comment because I haven't set them up yet, but they are certainly a beefier tire than gravelkings

Thanks, I'll look into these.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'm using these in 46 mm with WTB yellow tape and Orange sealant. I haven't had any punctures yet, but also no issues with leakage. I've had them in soft dry silt, hardpack singletrack, over rock gardens, deep gravel, rutty poo poo, sand, and even on pavement-only rides. Nothing to compare them to but I love them. Singletrack and rocky poo poo, they get good and sticky around 25 psi, and they're just fine on the road at 50 psi and up.

Never gotten a puncture or cut either despite going through nasty rocks and miles of highway shoulder with blown up retread and loose hardware and glass scattered about.

Oh, that sounds incredible. I get a lot of punctures and it's so frustrating.